NJ

Author
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
  • Reward points: 0
2008/07/18 11:40:20 (permalink)

NJ

This type of stuff is interesting.  NJ has had nothing but problems since making bear hunting illegal.  It's unfortunate that it'll likely take a death to turn it around.   Probably end up being a small child in a public area.  Hopefully it will not go that far.   But in the end, it puts the validity in hunting.

http://www.njherald.com/story/17BEARS-web

While the loss of bear season is a shame for hunters, the effect it is having will hopefully be a huge gain for hunting.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.

23 Replies Related Threads

MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: NJ 2008/07/18 12:19:03 (permalink)
    Morons,  there is a program in the public schools in jersey now that does not allow visits to zoos because it is wrong to imprison animals, pretty standard peta stuff, but then the lessons go on to teach a hypothetical situaton where earth is invaded by zargons.  Zargons are aliens from space who hunt humans because they are considered a delicacy.  The lessons describe how earth has been divided into human management areas.  And that sometimes they frighten humans and kill them while they run away.  In other places they will bait humans using fast food resteraunts and then kill them while they are eating  and further still they will use thier alien dogs to chase us to exhaustion and then on thier command the dogs will attack.  The cirriculum states that while many are killed, the true tradgedy is that many are wounded and run off only to die slow deaths and starve to death as a result of being hunted.  An entire day is devoted to teaching about the young children who are abandoned when thier parents are killed and eventually starve to death.

This program goes on and on.  Jersey is a screwed up place.

I think, to make peace in the world, if one of these ****hole countries wants to test thier nuclear weapons, we should just let em hit Jersey.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    jonnyfishon
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2089
    RE: NJ 2008/07/20 16:07:00 (permalink)
    Easy. Jersey is not all bad. All the schools I know off still go to zoos. The school you heard about is in the "dont drink the water" section of nj and their judgement is a little off. Now if you would excuse me I have to go boil some water to drink.
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/20 18:00:16 (permalink)
    Actually that program is being taught currently in 37 schools in NJ.

jonnyfishon
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/20 21:27:44 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: MuskyMastr

Actually that program is being taught currently in 37 schools in NJ.

If that is the case than nj does suck.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4011
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 10:34:21 (permalink)
    I think we can let them test their lower yield battlefield nukes in those selected areas.  Should spare the majority of rural and suburban jerseyites that are normal, everyday folks. 

Can we also add the major cities of the left coast to the list, though?  This is where we can let them try out their larger weapons.  Only problem I see is the fallout that will hit the interior but I am sure we could move the people out of the way of it.  Man, sounds more and more like Jericho.  Too bad they took that show off the air.  I liked it a lot!  :-)
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 13:04:59 (permalink)
    Why is there no left turns in some places in Jersey? 

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 565
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 13:09:49 (permalink)
    Musky please enlighten me as to this program you speak of being taught in the NJ schools. You obviously are so knowledgeable of this program.

I'll state my next and final point to you, I'm from NJ. " You can think someone is an ****, but the moment they open their mouth they leave all doubt behind".

Morons,  there is a program in the public schools in jersey now that does not allow visits to zoos because it is wrong to imprison animals, pretty standard peta stuff, but then the lessons go on to teach a hypothetical situaton where earth is invaded by zargons.  Zargons are aliens from space who hunt humans because they are considered a delicacy.  The lessons describe how earth has been divided into human management areas.  And that sometimes they frighten humans and kill them while they run away.  In other places they will bait humans using fast food resteraunts and then kill them while they are eating  and further still they will use thier alien dogs to chase us to exhaustion and then on thier command the dogs will attack.  The cirriculum states that while many are killed, the true tradgedy is that many are wounded and run off only to die slow deaths and starve to death as a result of being hunted.  An entire day is devoted to teaching about the young children who are abandoned when thier parents are killed and eventually starve to death.

This program goes on and on.  Jersey is a screwed up place.

I think, to make peace in the world, if one of these ****hole countries wants to test thier nuclear weapons, we should just let em hit Jersey.
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 14:08:21 (permalink)
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07132008/sports/nra_exposes_twisted_curriculum_119664.htm

PA Intermediate unit confirms this program in 37 school districts in NJ.

Obviously I miss spoke not everyone in Jersey is that bad, but I know this, it is the ONLY state where I have to turn off the CB when driving through, and I have repeatedly driven through all but 4 of the lower 48 + alaska.

saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 15:24:13 (permalink)
    Not seeing the number 37 anywhere in that 1 page blurb. It does not say its being taught, it says its out there and may, if or check to see if it is being used.

Not to defend this thing, but what your writing as truth and what the article says are 2 different versions.

W/ the friends around me w/ kids if this was being taught in the schools around us there would be an outrage from parents. Many of us hunt and fish.

As far as the CB use goes, I think you can survive. What a reason to hate a state. grow up.
    post edited by saltflyfisher - 2008/07/21 15:26:55
    saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 15:25:29 (permalink)

post edited by saltflyfisher - 2008/07/21 15:26:07
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 18:18:06 (permalink)
    New Jersey...the new California?
    jonnyfishon
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 19:19:05 (permalink)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07132008/sports/nra_exposes_twisted_curriculum_119664.htm

PA Intermediate unit confirms this program in 37 school districts in NJ.

Obviously I miss spoke not everyone in Jersey is that bad, but I know this, it is the ONLY state where I have to turn off the CB when driving through, and I have repeatedly driven through all but 4 of the lower 48 + alaska.

From what I read , there is no such ban on zoos. I looked into the so called 37 school districts you spoke of and I could not find any ban on zoos. The NJARA is involved in several schools but only suggest not going to zoos. I think it was taken out of content. I live close to the city in a nice town. I was busting balls because you came off so strong I assumed you were kidding. There is a lot of really nice and rich towns in nj, not to mention there are many,many kick****places to fish. Its more laid back that NYC but not as laid back as PA. Your just mad because you cant drive and we let you know about it.
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2382
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 20:07:06 (permalink)
    One thing that I do like with the PGC., is that they all hunt and recognize hunting is a part of conservation and heritage. The WCO's around here go to the schools and educate the kids about it. Don't know if they do that in NJ.

Jersey has some real honeyholes for fishing. Most locals I come across, (away from the city), you couldn't tell if they were from East or West PA except for the accent.

Jersey shore has some great beaches too!  LBI is nice for vacations. Going there in August for some R&R, surf fishing and crabbing.
    I have friends there, and just like here, they hate the "city" mentality. All of them are envious of our CCW laws and how CHEAP our general hunting license is compared to what they pay.

post edited by Over the Hill - 2008/07/21 20:13:21

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
    jonnyfishon
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 20:16:35 (permalink)
    Right on . The city is so fast and furious. LBI is nice , try ship bottom ,nice beach and somewhat quit. I deal with the city because the money is right and one day it will allow me to retire on the salmon river. Cant wait.
    saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 20:35:34 (permalink)
    OTH, no the local fish and game stay out of the schools. Hunting in PA is a more accepted activity, being you also get the day off from school. Hunting in NJ does have a more anal approach to it w/the non-hunter people here. People want to enjoy the parks and open lands that we hunt on, yet they forget that our dollars pay for the upkeep of those same areas.

Like stated earlier about the bears, it will take a well placed person' son to be killed by one to change the outcome of the hunt. Our own gov. has tried to get rid of our fish and game div. as we know it. Someone some where will realize the amt of money the outdoorsman bring to the table, but until that time its a fight from all levels.

I've had people ask how I can hunt and once I get to the point of explaining the gutting process they tend to finally walk away. These are the same people that think chicken is born w/ plastic over its head and foam under its backside.
    ORIGINAL: Over the Hill

One thing that I do like with the PGC., is that they all hunt and recognize hunting is a part of conservation and heritage. The WCO's around here go to the schools and educate the kids about it. Don't know if they do that in NJ.

Jersey has some real honeyholes for fishing. Most locals I come across, (away from the city), you couldn't tell if they were from East or West PA except for the accent.

Jersey shore has some great beaches too!  LBI is nice for vacations. Going there in August for some R&R, surf fishing and crabbing.
    I have friends there, and just like here, they hate the "city" mentality. All of them are envious of our CCW laws and how CHEAP our general hunting license is compared to what they pay.

Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 21:04:05 (permalink)
    Salt, I think your right about laws won't change til there's a problem. Too bad they (F&G) don't go into schools. I do think it makes a difference. It's a tough road when your government is against hunting. Keep up the the good fight. Letters to your reps., make your voice heard.

We get quite a few "Jersey" bears checked in bear season here. I think it's around 5%. East Stroudsburg University was doing a DNA database for the tri-state area for black bears. It'll be interesting to see how they are dispersing themselves. IE: more going to NJ or more going to PA.

As far as anti-hunters: I still try to explain hunting to those who are anti but, unfamiliar. The radical ones, I don't bother trying to explain.

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
    saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 21:14:21 (permalink)
    The last time we had a bear hunt here, some people actual tried going into the woods w/ full bear suits on. I know it's not right but the police should have let them go in. Every yr there is a hunt allowed in an area called the great swamp. It's here in north jersey, and every yr someone tries to sneak in w/ horns on their head.

The only way an anti will change their mind is if someone is killed in the car after hitting a deer.

I've tried to also explain that more deer are killed by vehicle than those by hunters.

ORIGINAL: Over the Hill

Salt, I think your right about laws won't change til there's a problem. Too bad they (F&G) don't go into schools. I do think it makes a difference. It's a tough road when your government is against hunting. Keep up the the good fight. Letters to your reps., make your voice heard.

We get quite a few "Jersey" bears checked in bear season here. I think it's around 5%. East Stroudsburg University was doing a DNA database for the tri-state area for black bears. It'll be interesting to see how they are dispersing themselves. IE: more going to NJ or more going to PA.

As far as anti-hunters: I still try to explain hunting to those who are anti but, unfamiliar. The radical ones, I don't bother trying to explain.
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/21 21:29:34 (permalink)
    your right about deer hitting cars. The anti's (some) change they're attitude. Quite a few people die/critically injured around here every year. I think Pa's stats for deer vs. vehicle are around 45,000. that's only the reported accidents. lot of meat!

OVER THE HILL

MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/22 03:15:38 (permalink)
    Ok I will open my mouth once more to remove all dbout.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2046116/posts

You are right, I was wrong, after reading this article and some followup research NJ is a shining example of free America and how well citizens of this fine state are treated.

saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/22 17:34:01 (permalink)
    Your a piece of work,Couldn't prove us wrong on the above info you stated. So now you bring up a case that has little to any info, that will be brought out in court, and you speculate about the lifestyle of NJ. Do us all a favor in NJ stay where you are.

Just to give you a bit of info there are gun laws that do indicate the gun must be cased while in a vehicle. So yes he did break a simple law that any legal gun owner knows. Where it goes from there has a lot to do w/ todays world after 911.

Lets see the next shining example of your flawed research. You are a wealth of miss information.

You are right, I was wrong, after reading this article and some followup research NJ is a shining example of free America and how well citizens of this fine state are treated.
    jonnyfishon
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/22 21:44:16 (permalink)

Musky , I dont think you understand . A man driving drunk with a gun got arrested(good) and he probably will get NO jail time. No one was put in jail . You have removed all doubt that you have any clue about NJ. I spent a good amount of time in pa and love it, but ny and nj are just as nice. Less crime in Bergen county where i live then most of pa. Come to nj and Ill take you for some killer bass fishing and huge muskies , after that ill throw you in the water and we'll call it even for your silly post.
    post edited by jonnyfishon - 2008/07/22 21:45:47
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4011
    RE: NJ 2008/07/23 10:26:46 (permalink)
    A kid possibly going to jail for a bb or pellet gun?  You got to be kidding, right?  NJ is bass ackwards and full of liberal hogwash.  Why conservative sportsman still put up with it, I'll never know.  I am very jaded though;  most of my time spent in NJ (other than the times at the beach when I was a kid) has been in the Newark area doing work at the airport.  That entire area is a cesspool.
    jonnyfishon
    Pro Angler
    RE: NJ 2008/07/23 22:23:03 (permalink)
    I know plenty of people that hunt and they dont have a promblem. They dont get harrased. We have a lot of pain in the****rules but thats life and its a little faster pace over here, I never been asked to see my fishing permit,my friends that hunt never had any issues except in ny for not having his tag properly filled out(stupid). It is a bs town move, not the entire state. It should have stayed local. NJ looks a lot like PA .Makes sense since we boarder each other. There is more people in uban jersey therefore there is more bs politics. I dont have any problems in my fishing spots and Im mostly alone.
    post edited by jonnyfishon - 2008/07/24 22:54:53
    Jump to: