Shorefishing for Perch and Panfish...

Author
psbfisher11
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 158
  • Reward points: 0
2008/04/19 14:17:57 (permalink)

Shorefishing for Perch and Panfish...

Where would you guys bet would be the best place to go try and catch some perch on shore...My buddy and I dont have a boat, but we figured we would switch it up from always catchin steelies to go after some perch... Ive heard of the stink hole...but have no clue where that is at.

Thanks...

PSB

3 Replies Related Threads

T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: Shorefishing for Perch and Panfish... 2008/04/19 15:04:20 (permalink)
    I took the kiddies to the canoe launch and the North Pier on their day off yesterday, and managed 1 perch and the unofficial state record goby.  Only a couple other perch were caught off the pier by others.  I blame it on the weather.   I never do well for food-fish on nice days.  I need a little cloud cover and a threat of rain for me to fill my bucket.

The stink hole would be a tough place to fish from shore, but then again, I haven't tried it myself.  Yet.

If you do, pm me and let me know how you did.  Good luck.
    indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6353
    RE: Shorefishing for Perch and Panfish... 2008/04/19 15:12:36 (permalink)
    T.T. 
          Try over by the Niagra.  The other day there were about a million minnows over there close to the surface.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    ErieBayRat
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 30
    RE: Shorefishing for Perch and Panfish... 2008/04/20 05:51:17 (permalink)
    They have been doing well with perch on the city side public access areas. Suprisingly I havent seen any crappie caught in those areas yet. Most of guys are telling me they are getting them in the lagoons on PI.

"A society living in fear very often - actually, inevitably - produces in form that which it fears most."
    Jump to: