Loyal Sock River

Author
Sloppy Poppy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points: 0
2008/04/17 14:19:46 (permalink)

Loyal Sock River

Anybody ever do any good on the Loyal Sock?  I have never tried it, but a friends cabin is close by.  Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Loyal Sock River 2008/04/17 14:45:50 (permalink)
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................yeah. 

LOVE that place.  Haven't been up yet this year.  Usually mid-May.

In terms of a place to go for beauty, probably #1 on my list for this state.  Some areas aren't as nice as others.  Can be a tough stream to figure out, despite stocked fish.  I like the big water. 

I've seen some funny $hit on that stream.  There's a big whirl pool on it and got to watch 2 canoes overloaded with aaaahhh...  (people not from this country, we'll say), get stuck in it spinning and tip.    Oh the memories..  Go fish Sandy Bottom!!

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Loyal Sock River 2008/04/17 14:50:13 (permalink)
    oh yeah, special regs area.  Delayed harvest, artifical only...

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    Fisherboy86
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 130
    RE: Loyal Sock River 2008/04/21 11:51:34 (permalink)
    It can be a very moody stream, but beautiful no matter what.

The water tends to warm up very quickly, the second fastest in the area. Usually by mid June, you shouldn't target trout (if you catch and release) because temps are already in the mid 70's in the mid section. Last year we had 70+ degree water in Mid May.

The bug life is getting better, despite some of the harsh conditions the past few years. If you time it right, you can hit good Green Drake hatches. Two weekends ago there were midges and stoneflies with plenty of fish rising. This past Saturday wasn't that great. Lots of stoneflies and caddis, but not many fish to be seen, and only a few guys on the stream in the morning.

If you plan to fish it soon, Sandy Bottom down to the mouth of Little Bear is a good stretch with plenty of water.

Jump to: