Marburg

Author
TBS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 110
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/25 00:39:56 (permalink)

Marburg

Anyone hitting Marburg yet? I lived out in the Hanover area about 12 years ago & had a blast with the huge Gills & jumbo yellow perch that came up on the rip rap this time of year.And was thinking about heading out that way to see some friends with in a week or so & didn't know if I should pack a rod or two.
Thanks
Tom

"Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it." - Ed Zern

6 Replies Related Threads

TBS
    Avid Angler
    RE: Marburg 2008/03/26 21:38:40 (permalink)
    Well I see that the York co. locals are being tight lipped as usual. I guess that they are getting them either at the 1st or 3rd bridges. I"ll just make a phone call or two & be on those bull gills & jumbos soon. C-ya there.

Fishin Dave
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Marburg 2008/03/31 21:01:38 (permalink)
    Marburg is my home lake but I have not been out yet. Was going to try to get out this weekend if the weather will cooperate a little. It sure would be nice to see a little warmer weather for a change. Does any one know if any of the docks are in at the ramps. It sure makes it easier to launch my boat when I am by myself if there is a dock to tie up to. I lost it to the wind one spring and don't want to have that happen again. Nearly died that day, brrrr was that water ever cold.
    papermouth
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 66
    RE: Marburg 2008/04/06 11:50:47 (permalink)
    does anyone know if the water level is up yet? i would think it should be after all this rain. is anyone catching perch or crappies yet?
    Wooden Plug
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 15
    RE: Marburg 2008/04/06 12:19:11 (permalink)
    Hey Papermouth, I heard the perch are hitting around the 1st bridge. Havent heard about the crappies yet. It sure is hard to get people to talk about anything in this southeast region. Its nothing like the northeast. Dont understand it. Mabey someone else will log in and talk a little bit. But I doubt it. HA HA.  TTYL.  The Wooden Plug.
    TBS
    Avid Angler
    RE: Marburg 2008/04/13 01:51:43 (permalink)
    I lived in the Hanover area for over 6 years and one thing I found out was how tight lipped the locals were about their fishing. Which wasn't any big secret when you saw 30 or vehicles parked at the first or third bridge at Marburg. Just go down and check things out. I love panfish & the average size of bluegills & yellow perch at Marburg rival the size I've seen or caught anywhere from N.Y. to Ga. Just a stuborn bunch or not a lot of them subscribing to this board.
    Tom

Cody
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Marburg 2008/04/26 23:42:47 (permalink)
    I was out at the Lake on  Sat. April 19th to try out some new musky lures and trolling rigs. I marked very, very few fish on the screens from dam to all three bridges. One Crappie no white or yellow Perch yet, although I did see alot of idiots in sail boats that were inconsiderate. I did pluck one wind surfer out that was in trouble and took him back to shore. Water temp. on surface at max. was 60.3, however with a drop thermometer at same spot 25 ft. down was 48.6
    Jump to: