How's The Fishing?

Author
Loon10
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/23 01:01:31 (permalink)

How's The Fishing?

Three of us are planning to come to Erie to fish Elk and Walnut creeks on Monday the 24th.  How are the stream and weather conditions?  How much snow is still on the ground and are fish being caught in both lower and upper areas of both creeks?  This will be only my second trip to Erie for steelhead and would just like to get an idea of what to expect.  Thanks to all who reply.

Loon
Tight lines and screaming reels
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralPaTrout/

2 Replies Related Threads

cp13
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 542
    RE: How's The Fishing? 2008/03/23 01:29:18 (permalink)
    both are at good levels right now, water is clearing more and more, still some snow little patches here and there, snow probably wont go anywhere though because the highs between now and monday are below freezing..
    catchinfish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 351
    RE: How's The Fishing? 2008/03/23 08:07:41 (permalink)
    I was up there on Friday and was able to land 10 steel.  The creeks were up and green in color.  Egg sacs and minnows was what I got all my fish on.  I didn't see a lot of people catching fish, a few here and a few there.  There is definitely still a lot of fish in Elk.  I had hookups throughout most of the day.  Good Luck

"I know not what with weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein
    Jump to: