75 degrees and Sunny in Phoenix!

Author
Fang1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/09 12:47:38 (permalink)

75 degrees and Sunny in Phoenix!

Just had to check in from Phoenix after reading about the latest snow dump in Erie and Ohio. I've been staying abreast of the great steelhead season I have missed this year since moving to the southwest, but I'm already starting to pre-pack to head back to Erie and Buffalo in late April for the summer --and plenty of fishing! Hope the PSA will elect some more solid leadership next month and continue its important contributions to the fishery as well - and hope I win the March drawing!
Arizona fishing is a huge switch from the Great Lakes and trib fishing. Deep reservoirs, heavy brush and far more plastics than I ever fished are the norm here - and two hour drives to get to good water----- that sucks! I have managed two trips to Mexico since July - just back last night from the latest. Lake Guerrero three hours south of Harlingen, Tx. and Lake Obregon, a six hour drive south of Nogales, Az. were great adventures - and I grinned broadly with my lifetime best largemouth----11# along with my buddy who caught his 11# beast too. Heavy,heavy brush and jungle wood in both lakes were the standard and plastic worms and lizards were a must for success and numbers. We boated over 200 at Guerrero with 8#, 7's, 6's and several dozen 5# plus beauties in the mix. Great results at Obregon too with a 7#, 6's and 5's boated. The average bass at Obregon were in the 3-4# range consistently and these fish fought more like smallmouth than any largemouth from up north I have ever caught. Watched a huge bass snap a spinner bait wire of in clear water -- brought tears to my eyes with an adrenalin surge $%*(^@^!!!!!! Have some great photos to share back in Erie.
Save some smallmouth for me -- I'm com'n!!
Cheers - Fang1

2 Replies Related Threads

ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 580
    RE: 75 degrees and Sunny in Phoenix! 2008/03/09 13:19:21 (permalink)
    Thanks for sharing. Eleven pounders?! Doesn't sound too bad out there!
    Sharpefly
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: 75 degrees and Sunny in Phoenix! 2008/03/09 20:23:54 (permalink)
    John    Took boat out to Conneaut Lake Friday morning for tune up. Will be ready when you get back. Do have it up for sale but have another one Im looking at.  Did catch fish Friday before storm hit.    Jim
    Jump to: