Author
joebaker79
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 805
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/06 15:26:17 (permalink)

New recipe

Steelhead

Marinate in Hatch Creamy Green Chile Cooking Sauce.  If anyone is fond of green chiles and/or has been to New Mexico Hatch is the town and company famous for them.  My mother in law got a jar of this stuff and I marinated a fillet from the freezer for a day.  Its very mild but has a lot of flavor.  Then took the fillet and sauteed in a small amount of butter.  Spread a spoonful of sauce on the fish when it was done and bam.  It was some of the best Ive ever eaten.  I know many dont like the taste of steelhead but I can assure you you would have no idea.  And its not a sauce that can disguise anything.  I knew i was still eating fish.  But very good taste.  If anything it didnt flavor it as much as it took the fishier flavor away that many do not like.  Tasted like I was eating a stream trout or mild salmon with a mild hint of chile pepper.  Very simple and really really tasty.  Here is the hatch website for anyone interested http://www.hatch-chile.com/.  I swear Im about to order a case of this stuff. 

2 Replies Related Threads

FlashDance
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 968
    RE: New recipe 2008/03/07 05:48:00 (permalink)
    Cut the dark meat off the fillet and much of the 'fishy' taste goes away.
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8504
    RE: New recipe 2008/03/07 08:02:01 (permalink)
    They even have a heart wreath. Must be for heartburn! Lol!

Jump to: