Author
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 462
  • Reward points: 0
2023/06/06 16:34:28 (permalink)

PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge

Is this April Fools?!?

I'm pretty much a golf nut...watch the Tour regularly..root for my favorite players...fantasy league...the whole bit.  This is stunning news that I think is not going to sit well at all with the fans.  

22 Replies Related Threads

DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 903
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/06/07 01:52:45 (permalink)
    Money talks. 
    Sucks for the dudes who turned down the Saudi money, only to see their company flip. 
    EMitch
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1033
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/06/07 07:33:51 (permalink)
    Is the WPGA under the same association? If so, what happens to them. Don't they hate women in the Arab countries? Just askin', I watch a little of it on TV but don't play the game myself. Looks like in the end, it's just the money that talks.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4009
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/06/09 09:49:59 (permalink)
    Son and I just play and don't watch/listen/care about all that noise.  Seems the "loyal" PGA guys did get the shaft though.

Speaking of, why does my kid have to love all the most expensive sports...lacrosse, hockey, golf....good lord. 
    He wants to try out for the high school golf team now so....playing with the neighbor hand me down clubs obviously won't work, lol....and needs stiff shafts on everything due to club speed....and he pesters me daily to go golfing....guess we should have gotten a yearly membership this year....
    pensfan1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3412
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/06/09 15:33:50 (permalink)
    Anyone see what DeChambeu said in an interview? When asked what should be said to the family of victims that died in the 9/11 attacks, this clown responded by saying " it's been 20 years shouldn't we forgive and forget? Everyone makes mistakes" I mean is he serious?
    post edited by pensfan1 - 2023/06/09 17:43:50
    pensfan1
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/07/25 20:41:03 (permalink)
    So now that the Saudi's basically bought pro golf, they have their sights on soccer next. They offered Mbappe over $700M and PSG over $300M to have him play 1 season. That is over $1B!!! Who would ever turn down that kinda money? He can go over there and play in a 2nd tier league for 1 year, then go back to a European team. 🤯
    pensfan1
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/07/26 21:07:46 (permalink)
    Wonders never cease. Mbappe turned down meeting with the Saudis which likely nixes the record breaking offer. Good for him. He is just gonna play this last year out with PSG and become a free agent. I guess not everyone can be bought with blood/oil money.
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3098
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/07/27 08:19:22 (permalink)
    Cant wait for the tears from Brandel when Brooks is on the Ryder Cup team. 
    DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/07/29 23:05:47 (permalink)
    I broke 110 the other day. I am expecting some LIV money soon. If I get it - I will buy the Manchester Hole, and stock it with more carp than the Pymy spillway every 3 weeks. 
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/07/31 16:16:07 (permalink)
    If anyone is into golf, Pleasant Valley (owned by the owner of the Riverhounds) has a twilight special (after 2pm, I think), $35 for 18 and cart for an adult and $25 for a junior golfer.  Pretty good deal for a pretty nice course.  It is pretty challenging, especially the front 9, with lots of water and one peninsula green and one island green.  Sneak a travel rod in and catch a few bass if no one is behind you!  Saw a couple 3 and 4 pounders cruising around the shallows.  
    Pretty good value compared to some of the other courses around.   We did 18 yesterday and had a lot of fun, just don't drive your cart in the areas marked out of bounds for the carts....they do lock up on you and you need to push them back to the path......
    DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/07 22:00:40 (permalink)
    eyesandgillz
    If anyone is into golf, Pleasant Valley (owned by the owner of the Riverhounds) has a twilight special (after 2pm, I think), $35 for 18 and cart for an adult and $25 for a junior golfer.  Pretty good deal for a pretty nice course.  It is pretty challenging, especially the front 9, with lots of water and one peninsula green and one island green.  Sneak a travel rod in and catch a few bass if no one is behind you!  Saw a couple 3 and 4 pounders cruising around the shallows.  
    Pretty good value compared to some of the other courses around.   We did 18 yesterday and had a lot of fun, just don't drive your cart in the areas marked out of bounds for the carts....they do lock up on you and you need to push them back to the path......

Do you actually fish when golfing? I always thought about it, but haven't done it yet. Obviously there's monsters in a lot of course ponds.
    I feel like the cheaper the place, less of a chance they'd care. Or if it was at dusk maybe?
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/08 07:48:12 (permalink)
    DeadGator401
    eyesandgillz

Do you actually fish when golfing? I always thought about it, but haven't done it yet. Obviously there's monsters in a lot of course ponds.
    I feel like the cheaper the place, less of a chance they'd care. Or if it was at dusk maybe?

haha...no....don't want to get kicked off after paying the greens fees....and yeah, most won't let you fish.  I think that is for "sneaking" in after hours when all the golfing is done.  

And my pricing above was off for Pleasant Valley, it is $40 for adult twilight and $20 for Juniors.    
    Son is gonna be tired puppy this week.  Worked all weekend, golfed all weekend after, had dek hockey game last night and has golf team tryouts today and tomorrow:  18 holes today and 18 holes tomorrow, walking Greensburg Country Club...he is whooped after walking the front 9 there on his practice days.  Oh...and he has Lacrosse practice tonight too....no wonder we never have any food in the house...I think he eats 4-5,000 calories a day and is skinny as a rail.
    DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/08 21:18:09 (permalink)
    eyesandgillz
    DeadGator401
    eyesandgillz

haha...no....don't want to get kicked off after paying the greens fees....and yeah, most won't let you fish.  I think that is for "sneaking" in after hours when all the golfing is done.  

And my pricing above was off for Pleasant Valley, it is $40 for adult twilight and $20 for Juniors.    
    Son is gonna be tired puppy this week.  Worked all weekend, golfed all weekend after, had dek hockey game last night and has golf team tryouts today and tomorrow:  18 holes today and 18 holes tomorrow, walking Greensburg Country Club...he is whooped after walking the front 9 there on his practice days.  Oh...and he has Lacrosse practice tonight too....no wonder we never have any food in the house...I think he eats 4-5,000 calories a day and is skinny as a rail.

Yeah - I often want to throw a spinner in - but don't wanna waste the green fees. I'd think a lot of place actually wouldn't care if the situation was right. 
    However, a lot of places would have Rangers who I'm sure would love to lose their minds over it. 

Kids sure are busy. I've walked a course once and that was enough for me. back 2 back days is wild. There must be an age limit for golf carts at most courses so, walking it is.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3335
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/09 19:25:59 (permalink)
     Nice course for the money.
    https://stoughtonacres.com/

pensfan1
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/09 21:03:23 (permalink)
    We used to play Stoughton. Lake Arthur Estate isn't too bad either, in that area.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/10 05:47:46 (permalink)
    My Dad and son both had hole in ones at Stoughton. Played Oakmont CC once a week for about 5 years when lived a short walk from it.  Their greens were fun!
    DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/10 14:57:26 (permalink)
    This stoughton place seems decent. Do they have good hot dogs? 

Nothin worse than hittin the turn and having a terrible dog. 
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/10 17:03:52 (permalink)
     They use to. Haven't golfed in many years now.  The two old ladies that ran the place were pretty strict but very nice. No alcohol. Was always up near the top of best course to play for the money in Western Pa. My Dad's hole in one was during league play, so he got free golf for the rest of the matches that season. 
    DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/10 20:54:56 (permalink)
    Wow, no alcohol is still under their rules. First time I've seen a course with that. 

Strawberry Ridge might beat that place out if I'm going north. 
    Irisheyeball
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 462
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/10 20:57:51 (permalink)
    My friends and I have played Stoughton Acres many times.  I personally haven't played there since the summer of 2020 when Jeanne Smith taunted me for wearing a mask in her pro shop.  She always spoke her mind, that's for sure.  One of my friends was banned for life for drinking beer in the parking lot after we played.  By the way, Jeanne passed away a few months ago.

The only course I've ever played with ash trays in the carts.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/11 10:43:29 (permalink)
    Pine Hill outside of Greenville was our go to course for family outings when we were at our camp on Wilhelm.  Decent up and back, flat course.  BYOB was encouraged since they didn't have a liquor license....no dripping golf bags from the ice keeping your snuck beer cold!

Haven't been there for years but it was decent, and cheap.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/12 10:11:44 (permalink)
    Welp, all my son's obsessing over golf paid off I suppose.  Made the high school JV team as a sophomore and he just started golfing last June or July.  Paying for some lessons helped a bunch too but man, this sport is $$$$$.
    DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Merge 2023/08/13 20:52:32 (permalink)
    eyesandgillz
    Welp, all my son's obsessing over golf paid off I suppose.  Made the high school JV team as a sophomore and he just started golfing last June or July.  Paying for some lessons helped a bunch too but man, this sport is $$$$$.

Congrats! 
    If you're not already on it - check out www.Callawaygolfpreowned.com - cheap used clubs in pretty great condition + other things for golf. Great site!
    Jump to: