Helpful ReplyPatriots

Page: << < ..16 Showing page 16 of 16
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9657
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 19:05:33 (permalink)
Crappy laying pipe and eating beavers!!!  sTR8 rIDr!  
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3137
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 19:21:29 (permalink)
Porktown
LDD
I don't see it happening either especially when the middle ground is to more appropriately vent residential combustion if it in fact is leading to childhood asthma.  Pound all the tables you want about emissions but they matter pretty big time once they directly affect you and your family.  Go look at childhood asthma rates and their increase in the last thirty years.  I'm not saying it's gas stovetops but we do have an issue.
The game changer for future energy is storage.  The big storage batteries are coming and all the major corporations know it which is why we see the market responding.  

We have tons of natural gas.   We will continue to find ways to use it cleanly and efficiently for Americans and American businesses.  

I have no doubt that asthma rates are "increasing".  But I imagine much like sports concussions are "increasing".  Anxiety rates are "increasing".  Most medical conditions are "increasing".  Increasing in diagnosis, but very likely not increasing in actual cases. 

Whether it is expanded access to medical, media/social media spreading awareness of issues or the definite shift in parenting from generation to generation, more people are getting things checked out more.  There is no conceivable way that asthma is on the rise, compared to the air we were breathing as kids in the 70s/80s, compared to the generation breathing air in the 40s/50s or 60s.  Back then, natural gas stoves were like mountain fresh air compared to whatever factory was in your town, before any clean air legislation.  Then skirting it after...

Eh, I get what you're saying but what are you saying?  We should discount what science tells us about dangers to the health of our most vulnerable?  Or, should we chalk it all up to "anxiety"?  Multiple PA counties were in a "code orange" status Tuesday. (I had to look up what that meant) 
Personally, I'm way more concerned about living in the age of plastics and what that means for the human body.  When you and I were kids it was glass, remember?  The sheer amount of pollutants emitted into our world based on the population explosion has increased for decades.  Chemicals were once concentrated in specific populations and areas based on closed exposures due to jobs or geographic location to manufacturing.  As the world becomes one big strip mall, more people are exposed to an increasing amount of industrial pollution.  That is also a "fact".  By no means do I think we should ban indoor gas stoves but I would like to know if I'm exposing my kids and very soon my grandkids to "unhealthy air"...especially if I have a choice in the matter.  
I'm currently remodeling my Kitchen and will FOR SURE buy a big, FAT, sweet****GAS stove to cook on, because I love to cook and eat good food.  However, I might consider spending a tad more on ventilation to shove my bad air outside to the next population.  It ain't pretty, but I'm listening.  
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 19:26:59 (permalink)
Porktown

Not sure if you ever eaten beaver?  The real ones...they have a back strap, much like any animal, and the god**** things are good...very beefy.  Don't get the castors mixed up with the meat, that can be a funky affair, but it's very good.  I also tried the tail, which was apparently a trapper specialty...starving trappers in the mountains I'm guessing, because it's this gelatinous fat deal, that wasn't appealing at all.  But, I certainly didn't know how to cook it and I certainly wasn't starving so I didn't prefer it. 
Just sayin...
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 20:24:45 (permalink)
crappy, ya got enough lead pipe there to cast 3 lifetimes of jigs and sinkers for fishin', unless you fish a lot in the Allegheny River. I used to cast up a hundred or so and just take 'em down and throw them in the river. Didn't even bother with paint. Saves a little time and money on Trilene from gettin' them snagged up and broke off.
post edited by EMitch - 2023/01/12 20:25:46

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 20:31:11 (permalink)
LDD

Eh, I get what you're saying but what are you saying?  We should discount what science tells us about dangers to the health of our most vulnerable?  Or, should we chalk it all up to "anxiety"?  Multiple PA counties were in a "code orange" status Tuesday. (I had to look up what that meant) 
Personally, I'm way more concerned about living in the age of plastics and what that means for the human body.  When you and I were kids it was glass, remember?  The sheer amount of pollutants emitted into our world based on the population explosion has increased for decades.  Chemicals were once concentrated in specific populations and areas based on closed exposures due to jobs or geographic location to manufacturing.  As the world becomes one big strip mall, more people are exposed to an increasing amount of industrial pollution.  That is also a "fact".  By no means do I think we should ban indoor gas stoves but I would like to know if I'm exposing my kids and very soon my grandkids to "unhealthy air"...especially if I have a choice in the matter.  
I'm currently remodeling my Kitchen and will FOR SURE buy a big, FAT, sweet****GAS stove to cook on, because I love to cook and eat good food.  However, I might consider spending a tad more on ventilation to shove my bad air outside to the next population.  It ain't pretty, but I'm listening.  

I’m with on most of this, especially the plastics. There shouldn’t be plastics used in packaging or other single/limited use that aren’t biodegradable. If they can make straws like that, why not all packaging? That should be one of the “Libby” laws that I would be all about.

I too base decisions on my kids and long term on possible grand kids. I’m completely with you on that.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago on the Steelers thread about concussions. I don’t think they are any more prevalent, even if the figures say they are. If people weren’t getting diagnosed in the past, doesn’t mean they didn’t have. So, sure, if data says more diagnosed concussions or asthma cases, it is alarming. But is that data taking into account that more people are getting tested out of awareness.

If they had that code orange when we were kids, the entire Pgh area was likely code red or orange, more than it was green. Since they didn’t have that rating when we were kids, it would be a “true” statement that there are an absurd amount more code orange days now than in 1960, when the mills had no pollution controls. Does that really mean there is more pollution now?

I just can’t see how asthma could be truly up if the indoor air quality of modern heating compared to older styles and the outdoor industrial pollution legislation and other have significantly cut pollution? Where would it be coming from? Or, like I noted, maybe it is just more people getting it checked out, instead of just struggling to breathe.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3335
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 23:48:18 (permalink)
LDD
Porktown

Not sure if you ever eaten beaver?  The real ones...they have a back strap, much like any animal, and the god**** things are good...very beefy.  Don't get the castors mixed up with the meat, that can be a funky affair, but it's very good.  I also tried the tail, which was apparently a trapper specialty...starving trappers in the mountains I'm guessing, because it's this gelatinous fat deal, that wasn't appealing at all.  But, I certainly didn't know how to cook it and I certainly wasn't starving so I didn't prefer it. 
Just sayin...

Worked at Oakmont Country Club when I was a teenager and tried some there and was good. Those rich folks would have a wild game and fish feast once a year. The tail is supposed to taste like Canadian Bacon when done right. Back in the day couldn't get past the bellybutton a couple times 

EMitch, Yeah my son bought 12 ton of that water line last year from Pgh. He didn't need one pound of it. Already had enough plus many pallets of jigs from Deep Sea-- Muskie size -- micro jigs, rattles, hair, blades, Football, and weedless. This last shipment of tackle added a good 4 ton of jigs if not more 

post edited by crappiefisher - 2023/01/13 23:39:29
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1253
Re: Patriots 2023/01/14 11:02:12 (permalink)
Breaking news Huge garage sale going on in Wilmington Delaware!! How's the big guy doing this week?
Dirty McCurdy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: Patriots 2023/01/17 09:25:23 (permalink)
Porktown
LDD

I’m with on most of this, especially the plastics. There shouldn’t be plastics used in packaging or other single/limited use that aren’t biodegradable. If they can make straws like that, why not all packaging? That should be one of the “Libby” laws that I would be all about.

I too base decisions on my kids and long term on possible grand kids. I’m completely with you on that.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago on the Steelers thread about concussions. I don’t think they are any more prevalent, even if the figures say they are. If people weren’t getting diagnosed in the past, doesn’t mean they didn’t have. So, sure, if data says more diagnosed concussions or asthma cases, it is alarming. But is that data taking into account that more people are getting tested out of awareness.

If they had that code orange when we were kids, the entire Pgh area was likely code red or orange, more than it was green. Since they didn’t have that rating when we were kids, it would be a “true” statement that there are an absurd amount more code orange days now than in 1960, when the mills had no pollution controls. Does that really mean there is more pollution now?

I just can’t see how asthma could be truly up if the indoor air quality of modern heating compared to older styles and the outdoor industrial pollution legislation and other have significantly cut pollution? Where would it be coming from? Or, like I noted, maybe it is just more people getting it checked out, instead of just struggling to breathe.

You fellas need to read "Count Down" by Shanna Swan.  It is disturbing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/17 11:40:40 (permalink)
Looks like an interesting read.

Did you happen to see this pop up in the morning news articles?  What a bummer if true...  I guess a silver lining to me not being able to crush fish!  

https://www.cbsnews.com/n...th-contaminated-water/
post edited by Porktown - 2023/01/17 11:44:31
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1907
Re: Patriots 2023/01/17 13:50:49 (permalink)
Porktown
Looks like an interesting read.

Did you happen to see this pop up in the morning news articles?  What a bummer if true...  I guess a silver lining to me not being able to crush fish!  

https://www.cbsnews.com/n...th-contaminated-water/

The results as stated in this article seem a bit too broad. I would expect PFAS contamination to vary considerably from one freshwater body of water to another, and from one species to another. I would like to see the underlying data that has more detail about their samples.

Having said that, I was under the impression that advisories for eating fish in PA were mostly for organic compound pollutants like PCBs and chlordane. This would be an entirely new class of synthetic pollutants that regulatory agencies are (apparently) not even looking at, or testing for.

This research, at the very least, suggests there is lots of other crap that can be poisoning our food and water, which we aren’t looking for yet.
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1664
Re: Patriots 2023/01/17 14:59:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fisherlady2 2023/01/30 09:25:36
I saw the article yesterday and kinda of chuckled reading it.  Seems more like a scare tactic type story vs facts  and the study was from 7 years ago and conducted in Europe. I like MyWar question the study and would need more details. Like one why is it just coming to light and two how was the sampling conducted.  Typically when they sample they just grind up the entire fish then break it down into the various chemicals/compounds.  If they were truly worried about it then they would just sample the filets that we normally eat not the entire fish.

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/17 15:36:33 (permalink)
I'm with you guys on being skeptical of it.  If they are pulling samples from major industrial cities or other known polluted waters, I think most of us already figured it probably wasn't a good idea to eat fish from and would very likely majorly alter the findings.  I can't imagine fish from most of our inland lakes, streams and non-industrial rivers in PA being any worse than the fish farms, especially from Indonesia and others where much come from.

I can't seem to catch enough to be eating PA freshwater fish multiple times per week anyway.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/24 12:46:42 (permalink)
Biden, Pence, Clinton and Trump all need to be treated like any military or other national security official for mishandling classified material. There are some good people in prison right now for accidentally removing classified materials from secured locations. Why should some Army private that is getting paid peanuts to risk his/her life, have to rot in prison for an honest mistake, while these other clowns can be POTUS? Congress needs to step up and ban any of these jokers from running for any federal position.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3412
Re: Patriots 2023/01/24 16:40:06 (permalink)
I hear ya T. If you ask Tucker this whole M&M mascots going "woke" is wayyyyyy more important. The nerve of someone making the 2 female characters switch from high heels to flats is just a travesty...Jus say'IN.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2023/01/25 17:15:10
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1907
Re: Patriots 2023/01/24 23:21:25 (permalink)
We are all Classified Documents on this blessed day.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 903
Re: Patriots 2023/01/25 00:45:04 (permalink)
Porktown
Biden, Pence, Clinton and Trump all need to be treated like any military or other national security official for mishandling classified material. There are some good people in prison right now for accidentally removing classified materials from secured locations. Why should some Army private that is getting paid peanuts to risk his/her life, have to rot in prison for an honest mistake, while these other clowns can be POTUS? Congress needs to step up and ban any of these jokers from running for any federal position.

Couldn't agree more. Punish em all.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/25 11:02:21 (permalink)
Enough with the old guys forgetting where they put everything...this is absurd.  
Page: << < ..16 Showing page 16 of 16
Jump to: