Helpful ReplyPatriots

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 16
Author
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3412
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 08:50:04 (permalink)
This stupid gas stove ban has to do with children and older adults having asthma. Total BS issue, IMO. Smh
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4891
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 09:30:15 (permalink)
Read who paid for the study. It’s about getting rid of natural gas as a fuel.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1907
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 10:04:24 (permalink)
This gas stove thing sounds an awful lot like tHeRe ComMing to TAkE muH GunNs!!!
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3412
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 10:20:25 (permalink)
DarDys

Any link or website? I'd like to take a gander at that..
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3137
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 10:22:26 (permalink)
psu_fish
so the FAA Notice to Air Missions system has crashed...just think how nice of system we could have and upgrade, if not sending billions to the Ukraine 

Agreed, we should def let Putin****and pillage Europe...goooooood thinkin
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 11:09:58 (permalink)
pensfan1
DarDys

Any link or website? I'd like to take a gander at that..

https://en.wikipedia.org/..._(energy_organization)

Here is who did the study.

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4009
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 11:21:23 (permalink)
Oh...and forgot, gas dryers too...buh bye...(in NY).  All these ridiculous ideas start in commiefornia and eventually permeate the rest of the country.  Seems this one is picking up pace much more quickly.

Oh, and lets put the death nail in the national grid while we're at it.  It is currently held together with duct tape and bubble gum as it is.  The liberal loons will do ANYTHING to get away from petroleum based energy...including freezing the population in winter and subjecting them to heat stroke in the summer.

They don't want cleaner burning natty gas power plants or coal to natty gas conversions, they don't want nuclear plants.....only "renewables" that are shown to be WAY less reliable in extreme weather events than traditional power plants.  fug em all....$crew em all...hope they all choke on their vegan tofu....

But hey, they want all their synthetic textiles derived from petroleum products, their electric vehicles made of plastic and synthetics, their lithium ion batteries that really $crew the environment due to mining operations and lack of good recycling methods ...that's ok...most of them are too **** stupid to realize how ingrained petroleum and its derivatives are into everyday life.  

Pretty sad the amount of hypocrisy that is spewed from the left.  
Erie Mako
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 443
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 11:54:30 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Oh...and forgot, gas dryers too...buh bye...(in NY).  All these ridiculous ideas start in commiefornia and eventually permeate the rest of the country.  Seems this one is picking up pace much more quickly.

Oh, and lets put the death nail in the national grid while we're at it.  It is currently held together with duct tape and bubble gum as it is.  The liberal loons will do ANYTHING to get away from petroleum based energy...including freezing the population in winter and subjecting them to heat stroke in the summer.

They don't want cleaner burning natty gas power plants or coal to natty gas conversions, they don't want nuclear plants.....only "renewables" that are shown to be WAY less reliable in extreme weather events than traditional power plants.  fug em all....$crew em all...hope they all choke on their vegan tofu....

But hey, they want all their synthetic textiles derived from petroleum products, their electric vehicles made of plastic and synthetics, their lithium ion batteries that really $crew the environment due to mining operations and lack of good recycling methods ...that's ok...most of them are too **** stupid to realize how ingrained petroleum and its derivatives are into everyday life.  

Pretty sad the amount of hypocrisy that is spewed from the left.  

Where is the "like" button?

On the internet, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion!
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 503
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 13:24:29 (permalink)
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not metAttachments are not available: Download requirements not met

I don't know, after seeing these pictures it's kind of hard to argue with the AOC's contention that gas stoves might also cause cognitive impairment.  I think The Science TM might be on to something here.  

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9657
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 14:53:18 (permalink)
Notice how the photo of Dr. Jill is cropped. Joe is sniffing the next burner over, like it is a 3rd grader with pigtails. Can’t deny science.

Kind of shocked that only 40% of Americans have gas stoves. Study shows 13% of asthma is attributed to gas stoves. Yes, asthma isn’t good, but just about everything known to man seems to be linked to some sort of disease. Besides maybe raw spinach or some other inedible health food. I’m sure the bacon cooking on said gas stove is linked to more health issues than the gas stove.

I do see the risk of gas appliances when they get old and become CO risks. Not enough to ban them. I rented a house once and went to get the gas turned on by the gas company. Said he wasn’t allowed due to how bad of shape the furnace was. I was fortunate to have a gas company employee trained to inspect before turning things on. If this was the hoopla, I could understand. I wonder how many of these 13% are from old appliances that need repaired or replaced?
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1253
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 14:54:46 (permalink)
Most on here voted for this crap. FJB
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 15:30:36 (permalink)
Porktown
Notice how the photo of Dr. Jill is cropped. Joe is sniffing the next burner over, like it is a 3rd grader with pigtails. Can’t deny science.

Kind of shocked that only 40% of Americans have gas stoves. Study shows 13% of asthma is attributed to gas stoves. Yes, asthma isn’t good, but just about everything known to man seems to be linked to some sort of disease. Besides maybe raw spinach or some other inedible health food. I’m sure the bacon cooking on said gas stove is linked to more health issues than the gas stove.

I do see the risk of gas appliances when they get old and become CO risks. Not enough to ban them. I rented a house once and went to get the gas turned on by the gas company. Said he wasn’t allowed due to how bad of shape the furnace was. I was fortunate to have a gas company employee trained to inspect before turning things on. If this was the hoopla, I could understand. I wonder how many of these 13% are from old appliances that need repaired or replaced?

Actually, the study reads that 13% of asthma patients gave gas stoves, but does not show a direct cause and effect relationship, but a circumstantial one.

Like the leading cause of death is living.

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3335
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 15:51:23 (permalink)
 Most old people don't like change 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86c3NZBbo1I
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3097
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 15:52:25 (permalink)
MyWar
This gas stove thing sounds an awful lot like tHeRe ComMing to TAkE muH GunNs!!!

You mean like JB Pritzker and Illinois yesterday and Hochul proposing a ban gas furances/boilers and appliances in new bldgs 
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 15:54:03 (permalink)
Porktown

In all fairness the crap that Clairton coke works and the shell cracker plant in beaver are spewing into the Pgh air is no doubt playing a much larger role in degrading the air around here than gas stoves. So anybody that is serious about protecting our lungs and improving air quality should focus on industrial polluters such as them.

But the reality is that this is just another fantasy issue. There isn’t going to be a ban on gas stoves. It’s just more absurd crap that right wing media pumps out to whip people up into a frenzy.

So like, discuss this all you want I guess? But it’s really kind of pointless because there is zero chance that Biden is going ban gas stoves.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 15:55:23 (permalink)
psu_fish
MyWar

You mean like JB Pritzker and Illinois yesterday and Hochul proposing a ban gas furances/boilers and appliances in new bldgs 

Go ahead and link those stories and let’s talk about what’s really happening
psu_fish
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 16:05:06 (permalink)
MyWar
psu_fish
MyWar

Go ahead and link those stories and let’s talk about what’s really happening

Governor Kathy Hochul is proposing to make New York the first state in the US to ban natural gas heating and appliances in new buildings as a way to fight climate change, the latest salvo in a nationwide fight over the fuel.
Hochul called during her state-of-the-state address Tuesday to ban the use of fossil fuels by 2025 for newly built smaller structures and 2028 for larger ones. New York would also prohibit the sale of any new fossil-fuel heating systems starting in 2030. 

“Buildings are the largest source of emissions in our state, accounting for a third of our greenhouse gas output,” Hochul said in her prepared remarks.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-10/new-york-governor-proposes-banning-natural-gas-in-new-buildings

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/pritzker-signs-illinois-assault-weapons-ban/

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (CBS) -- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signed a statewide ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines Wednesday night, after the state Senate and House approved the legislation.
The House voted 68-41 to approve the ban Tuesday afternoon. The bill passed 34-20 in the Illinois Senate on Monday.
The legislation took effect immediately with Pritzker's signature.

The wettest of wet dreams for the looney left is to ban all guns. They want to do it 100%. 

They will settle for (now) dismantling 2A and the gun industry bit by bit. But were the crazy ones 
post edited by psu_fish - 2023/01/11 16:07:16
psu_fish
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 16:13:07 (permalink)
You use to be able to laugh off these libnuts and there bat s**t crazy ideas....there is no laughing now. They are super serious about. Truth is they were always serious about it, but now the dont even try to hide it.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 16:27:25 (permalink)
crappiefisher
 Most old people don't like change 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86c3NZBbo1I

That was pretty cool. I was kind of hoping they shot whatever that was in the fire at those standing on the balcony though.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 17:38:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2023/01/11 17:54:13
psu_fish

Governor Kathy Hochul is proposing to make New York the first state in the US to ban natural gas heating and appliances in new buildings as a way to fight climate change, the latest salvo in a nationwide fight over the fuel.
Hochul called during her state-of-the-state address Tuesday to ban the use of fossil fuels by 2025 for newly built smaller structures and 2028 for larger ones. New York would also prohibit the sale of any new fossil-fuel heating systems starting in 2030. 

“Buildings are the largest source of emissions in our state, accounting for a third of our greenhouse gas output,” Hochul said in her prepared remarks.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-10/new-york-governor-proposes-banning-natural-gas-in-new-buildings

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/pritzker-signs-illinois-assault-weapons-ban/

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (CBS) -- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signed a statewide ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines Wednesday night, after the state Senate and House approved the legislation.
The House voted 68-41 to approve the ban Tuesday afternoon. The bill passed 34-20 in the Illinois Senate on Monday.
The legislation took effect immediately with Pritzker's signature.

Which one these things is evil Joe Biden’s doing?

Both of these examples appear to be state level regulations, and I’m going to guess that you don’t live in either of these states. But isn’t this the kind of federalism that conservatives prefer anyway?

Does that Illinois assault weapons ban involve the government confiscating any guns from people who already own them?
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 19:18:26 (permalink)
No, it involves jail time if they already own them and do not register them, which is unconstitutional to ask.

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 903
Re: Patriots 2023/01/11 20:33:37 (permalink)
and let's see what we're offended by today. Gas Stoves? 
Wat?
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 00:06:25 (permalink)
DarDys
No, it involves jail time if they already own them and do not register them, which is unconstitutional to ask.

Let’s stop pretending that we’re all constitutional scholars.
JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 275
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 07:47:29 (permalink)

it is comical that conservatives here are in an uproar about the possibility of not being able to purchase a gas stove in the future, while not a word spoken about the new Republican house's top agenda of cutting their Social Security and Medicare.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 08:02:31 (permalink)
MyWar
DarDys

Let’s stop pretending that we’re all constitutional scholars.

No one is pretending anything. One does not need to be an auto engineer to drive a car and one does not need to be a constitutional scholar to read the document and the case law surrounding it.

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1253
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 09:26:24 (permalink)
JerryS

it is comical that conservatives here are in an uproar about the possibility of not being able to purchase a gas stove in the future, while not a word spoken about the new Republican house's top agenda of cutting their Social Security and Medicare.

Jerry Jerry no benefits would be cut do some research and find out the truth not the libs version of it.Changes have been made in the past to keep it viable no outcry then.If it goes insolvent in few years everyone loses correct. Not to mention it has a snowballs chance in ell of passing the  marxist senate and the vegtables veto so relax!!! Same  goes for the nutjobs wanting to pass anything to eliminate gas stoves,furnaces,ect.
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 12:27:20 (permalink)
I saw the gas stove ban thing made public in California 2 months ago when it was brought to the publics attention about what their state legislators were up to. In New York City, it's already been law for quite some time that new buildings do not have natural gas service. 
I wonder what would happen to about 10K or 15K Chinese restaurants in the US? Ever watch the kitchen in a Chinese restaurant? Everything, (and I mean everything), is cooked very quickly on super high heat. There stoves have 10" holes in the top with a huge flame blowin' up under their giant woks. My brother did a remodel of a building to become a Chinese restaurant and had to install a 2" gas main into the kitchen. How would electric work out for those businesses? Here at home we've had two electric cooktops over the past 20 years. I hate them. You turn them on, they heat quickly, then the burner turns off. In a while, they cycle back on and heat again, then cycle off. It takes like ten minutes to fry a couple of eggs from start to finish. Professional cooks say "you cook with gas, you bake with electric", and I agree. We have literally billions and billions of cubic feet of clean burning natural gas in the US, and the EPA has forced companies to make electric with natural gas instead of coal, but the government ain't talkin' about making lots of electric available, like nuclear and more natural gas plants. They want us dependent on wind and solar, which are the most prone to failure. The wind don't always blow and the sun don't always shine, but that just doesn't register with their ideology.
I don't see it happening.
post edited by EMitch - 2023/01/12 12:29:43

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3137
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 13:24:22 (permalink)
I don't see it happening either especially when the middle ground is to more appropriately vent residential combustion if it in fact is leading to childhood asthma.  Pound all the tables you want about emissions but they matter pretty big time once they directly affect you and your family.  Go look at childhood asthma rates and their increase in the last thirty years.  I'm not saying it's gas stovetops but we do have an issue.
The game changer for future energy is storage.  The big storage batteries are coming and all the major corporations know it which is why we see the market responding.  

We have tons of natural gas.   We will continue to find ways to use it cleanly and efficiently for Americans and American businesses.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 15:14:27 (permalink)
LDD
I don't see it happening either especially when the middle ground is to more appropriately vent residential combustion if it in fact is leading to childhood asthma.  Pound all the tables you want about emissions but they matter pretty big time once they directly affect you and your family.  Go look at childhood asthma rates and their increase in the last thirty years.  I'm not saying it's gas stovetops but we do have an issue.
The game changer for future energy is storage.  The big storage batteries are coming and all the major corporations know it which is why we see the market responding.  

We have tons of natural gas.   We will continue to find ways to use it cleanly and efficiently for Americans and American businesses.  

I have no doubt that asthma rates are "increasing".  But I imagine much like sports concussions are "increasing".  Anxiety rates are "increasing".  Most medical conditions are "increasing".  Increasing in diagnosis, but very likely not increasing in actual cases. 

Whether it is expanded access to medical, media/social media spreading awareness of issues or the definite shift in parenting from generation to generation, more people are getting things checked out more.  There is no conceivable way that asthma is on the rise, compared to the air we were breathing as kids in the 70s/80s, compared to the generation breathing air in the 40s/50s or 60s.  Back then, natural gas stoves were like mountain fresh air compared to whatever factory was in your town, before any clean air legislation.  Then skirting it after...
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3335
Re: Patriots 2023/01/12 16:32:18 (permalink)

post edited by crappiefisher - 2023/01/12 16:36:53
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 16
Jump to: