Senator Oz

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9657
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 06:49:58 (permalink)
Pennsyltucky didn’t rally around a Hollywood elite, Muslim, man of color??? Shocking…

Proves an empty box of Tic Tacs can beat a Trumper. Super Trumper seemed to do even better.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1907
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 09:20:35 (permalink)
I don’t know if many people look at Oz and see a “man of color”. I don’t think that’s a big factor in his loss.

I think a ton of other factors came into play including: (1) the fact that he doesn’t actually live in the state (2) the fact that he’s another celebrity with no experience in public policy (3) mastriano was a shiit candidate that may have depressed some R turnout (4) even despite the stroke addled debate performance, Fetterman is a much better candidate than you realize, and he is much much much better than Oz at connecting with both independent voters and even some republicans, (5) it was a surprisingly good election cycle for democrats across the board due to Dobbs as well as the wretched state of the Republican Party.

Oz also tried to distance himself from Trump, despite trumps endorsement. He definitely tried to run as a moderate, which was probably the smart thing to do, but people just didn’t buy into it because for whatever reason voters could see that he’s just slimy con man.

What I still can’t wrap my head around is how voters see through a guy like Oz, but they can’t see through Trump. Somehow trump can pull off the Jedi mind trick, but a lot of his imitators can’t.

And guys like JD Vance can win in red states. It’s the purple states like PA and Michigan and Wisconsin where these trumpy types are ultimately going fail more often than not. These are the states where trump won in 2016 but his imitators can not.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 11:04:44 (permalink)
I'm talking deep red Pennsyltucky, where guys like Mastriano or Trump are "good candidates".  The far right fringe that often decides who the GOP candidates are in the primary.  Not really even a location, but a frame of being.  There are a few living in urban areas, suburban areas or rural.  I am not talking sensible Republicans from all over the state, including neighbors of Pennsyltuckians.  If you don't think guys of middle eastern decent are thought of as people of color by this group, then you are right.  I think they have a different term...  I'm sure some did not vote for him, due to these qualities that I noted, which go 100% against their fibers of being.  Many will vote against people "for not being Christian enough", yet being Muslim...

What you are noting about sensible Republicans, I agree.

Don't fool yourself about Fetterman though.  The guy won mostly on the back of Masterwacko drawing people to the polls to vote against him and dragging Fetterman with them "while I am here, might as well vote against the guy that Trump supported".  The far left will try to take this as "people are voting for his positions".  No, they aren't.  Maybe 1/3 of his support was, the other 2/3 were doing the best to stop the insanity.  This is the type of sheep's wool that the GOP had with Trump winning.  The deciding factor was all on people refusing to vote for Hillary, a lot to do with the FBI announcing the investigation into her, right before the election.  I sure as heck didn't vote for either of those pieces of trash.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1907
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 12:22:41 (permalink)
Porktown
I'm talking deep red Pennsyltucky, where guys like Mastriano or Trump are "good candidates".  The far right fringe that often decides who the GOP candidates are in the primary.  Not really even a location, but a frame of being.  There are a few living in urban areas, suburban areas or rural.  I am not talking sensible Republicans from all over the state, including neighbors of Pennsyltuckians.  If you don't think guys of middle eastern decent are thought of as people of color by this group, then you are right.  I think they have a different term...  I'm sure some did not vote for him, due to these qualities that I noted, which go 100% against their fibers of being.  Many will vote against people "for not being Christian enough", yet being Muslim...

But, Oz the Muslim outperformed the Christian white guy, by a lot.

Oz isn’t Ilhan Omar. He doesn’t look like “the other”, he looks like any American of European descent. His identify isn't “Mehmet”, his identify is “Dr Oz, the TV Doctor”. I think he has a ton of flaws as a candidate, but being Muslim is the least of them. And I don’t imagine there were many split tickets for mastriano/Fetterman. I think the vast majority of PA voters that went mastriano had no problem voting Oz.

You may not see it yet, but Fetterman has a different kind of appeal. He doesn’t get bogged down in identity politics, he sticks to economic messaging, he appeals to the working class…If he continues to recover from this stroke (which I fully expect him to do), he will be a big player in the party in the future, and republicans are going to have a hard time running against this guy. I don’t think a moderate schmuck like Pat Toomey would have fared any better against him than Oz did.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 15:48:48 (permalink)
Again, among the sensible Republicans and even some independents, his heritage and religion means little to nothing.  That is who you are describing.  Many Republicans on here wouldn't care if he was pitch black and whatever non-Christian.  Others, it goes against everything they believe in.  Do you honestly think the white nationalist Christian right bloc that adores Trump was putting up Oz signs in their yards???  Unfortunately for the GOP, they now need that group to show up for them.  Not saying they voted for Fetterman instead, but likely only voted for Mastriano and left the Senate vote blank.  I was strongly debating to vote Shapiro and leaving the Senate blank myself.  I wouldn't doubt many did.

Without Trump, he would have been clobbered by McCormick in the primary, especially if McCormick got Trump's endorsement.  I would bet a good 80%+ of Oz's votes were votes against Fetterman or any Democrat, with many voters hating themselves that they voted for him.  I'm not sure if McCormick beats Fetterman or not.  But I imagine that bloc that likely refused to vote Oz, would have shown up.

I read that Trump is mad at Milania for suggesting to endorse Oz.
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 19:34:44 (permalink)
From the exit polls I watched, 4 out of 5 women said the Pa. senate vote was one single issue: reproductive rights, ie: abortion. They didn't care about inflation, the open border, crime or the schools agenda on transgenders. They would have voted for the Devil himself as long as he's for allowing them to kill their unborn children. Fetterman took 57% of the female vote. And he did better among blacks and hispanics.
post edited by EMitch - 2022/11/09 19:37:49

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 20:40:40 (permalink)
EMitch
From the exit polls I watched, 4 out of 5 women said the Pa. senate vote was one single issue: reproductive rights, ie: abortion. They didn't care about inflation, the open border, crime or the schools agenda on transgenders. They would have voted for the Devil himself as long as he's for allowing them to kill their unborn children. Fetterman took 57% of the female vote. And he did better among blacks and hispanics.

That is why we should club the womenfolk on the head and take away their voting rights.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 903
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 20:42:22 (permalink)
EMitch

Why on earth would anyone care about "The schools agenda on transgenders". What schools? What agenda? What's Fox and Newsmax telling you to think?
Cmon Mitch, you're a better person than that. 

Allowing them to kill their unborn children? I got news for ya buddy, statistically, someone you care about has had an abortion. Reproductive rights stretch far far beyond the "huRR DuRr KiLl their ChIlDren" talking points you see on TV. 

Be mad at the GOP taking away the boogyman with Roe V Wade. They brought this on themselves. 
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 903
Re: Senator Oz 2022/11/09 20:43:32 (permalink)
The cope on Fox News has been a delight. A sheer delight to watch. 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: