Prayers for everyone in FL affected by the hurricane...

Author
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4011
  • Reward points: 0
2022/09/28 12:43:25 (permalink)

Prayers for everyone in FL affected by the hurricane...

Been keeping tabs on Ian through some weather blogs and it looks like it has been strengthening the entire time...may be edged up to Cat 5 when all is said and done.  

Have relatives scattered throughout but none affected my Ian's immediate landfall but have lots of co-workers/friends in the Tampa area that are being affected right now.  At least everything there shut down 5pm yesterday to give them time to prepare.  

Depending on the track, looks like FL West coast, Georgia and SC coasts are all in the crosshairs for Hurricane strength winds/second landfall and PA may even get socked with flooding rains from it.  Looks like this one may be historic.

2 Replies Related Threads

LDD
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3138
    Re: Prayers for everyone in FL affected by the hurricane... 2022/09/28 15:16:28 (permalink)
    This storm is a monster...prayers for those in its path.  Hopefully people heeded the evac warnings. 
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9685
    Re: Prayers for everyone in FL affected by the hurricane... 2022/10/03 11:39:55 (permalink)
    I am not a fan of when people blame "the media" for everything.  Quoting "the media" since there are thousands of sources and most do not report the same thing.  I assume it is meant to be the majority of main stream media, besides the mainstream MAGA media, when most refer to them as "the media".  But I can understand the distain for "the media" when it comes to this storm.  Every time there is a tropical storm or any kind of predicted major storm "the media" sensationalizes it as the next Katrina.  The more they can get the average American from 2000 miles away to tune in, the more they can charge for advertisements.  They'll send reporters on the street, holding onto street signs in 20mph winds or finding puddles to stand in for the effect.  Meanwhile, locals are often seen walking behind them like it is just a normal day.  Most often, those sensationalized storms end up being relatively minor tropical storms (still damaging, but not what they were building it up to be).  Now "the media" is going after Lee County for having a late evacuation notice.  Even though, their coverage had the storm tracking far to the north of Lee County.  Let's blame the county government, because our constant "crying wolf" had nothing to do with people not evacuating... 

Don't get me wrong, as a landlocked northern yankee, if I were anywhere remotely close to water in Florida, I would have been evacuating somewhere.  After my usual, 20 minutes of "this is my last cast"...  "The media" definitely sensationalized this storm as they do others, but they were pretty spot on when they predicted about 4-5 days out that it would rapidly intensify.  Any of those hurricanes that have time over the gulf at this time of year, people should know, are not a joke.  Unless you are in a 5-6 story condo or other building built to withstand 10-15 feet of water and 150+ mph winds with 2 weeks worth of supplies, no one on any barrier islands should be thinking to ride out any tropical storm that they say has the potential to be a hurricane.

Yes, prayers to those effected, those in the search and rescue and those helping rebuild and assisting those effected.
    Jump to: