Please help

Author
Deb Glynn
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2022/08/02 16:45:10 (permalink)

Please help

I fish with a 5 "pole, open reel, slip bobber and I have used all kinds of line, sinkers. And when I cast my hook wraps over the top of the bobber and spirals up the line to the sinker. Any suggestions on how to stop it? I've cast far and short distances and it does not make a difference. Help Help Help.... 

4 Replies Related Threads

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re: Please help 2022/08/03 10:20:19 (permalink)
    Just put a split shot sinker down near the hook to increase the weight on distal end of line. It will help but an occasional tangle will still be possible.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4011
    Re: Please help 2022/08/04 09:03:12 (permalink)
    hehe, she said distal...you are an EMT, right?  

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re: Please help 2022/08/04 18:39:44 (permalink)
    eyesandgillz
    hehe, she said distal...you are an EMT, right?  

LOL, yep.  
    spoonminnow
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: Please help 2022/09/12 22:01:41 (permalink)
    Deb Glynn
    I fish with a 5 "pole, open reel, slip bobber and I have used all kinds of line, sinkers. And when I cast my hook wraps over the top of the bobber and spirals up the line to the sinker. Any suggestions on how to stop it? I've cast far and short distances and it does not make a difference. Help Help Help.... 

Suggestions to consider:
    braid line #1. Mono sucks when it comes to casting light rigs
    5' rod is okay for float fishing IF it's a light action. I prefer 6' or longer and light action (the bend acts like a spring).
    Jigs work better than a bare hook any day. I showed I young angler fishing from shore a few tip and rigged his rod with a 1/16 ball head jig and soft plastic lure. Live bait would have also been fine on the light jig.
    The float was of an oblong shape, bright orange and weighted. He cast that rig a mile! Didn't foul once. He also caught sunnies on the small lure I gave him.

Jump to: