Helpful ReplySo what is OFF TOPIC allowed?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 18
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9658
  • Reward points: 0
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 09:09:25 (permalink)
Or Duncansville...
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2074
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 09:12:12 (permalink)
How do we know they weren't good guys with guns? Nobody stopped them, after all. What if they saw someone doing something illegal? What if someone threw a grocery bag at them and they needed to defend themselves?
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1909
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 09:52:14 (permalink)
To be clear, I don’t think the guns are the only problem here, although that’s certainly part of it.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3412
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 09:54:43 (permalink)
Honestly, this isn't a gun issue. It isn't a race issue. It's a raising normal humans issue. Parents make kids think they are the most important person on the planet, nowadays. Never is heard a discouraging word. Kids don't hear "no" or "you can't do this or that". Parents don't care what the child is doing as long as they are happy. They want to be the child's friend. Then there is screen time and internet use. These kids go back n forth online, argue and fight without actually being confronted face to face. When that happens, they don't know how to act. Having 3 teenagers, we are super vigilant with them. We check phones, social media accounts and talk with them regularly. We converse with other parents and make sure if something "crazy" is going on at school, that none of our kids are involved. We aren't parents of the year by any stretch, but seems we've done a decent job. My kids know if you do something stupid, you're in trouble. If you get caught Snappin or on Insta, being a bully or sticking your nose somewhere it doesn't belong, you're in trouble. Ofcourse my wife and I are Gen Xrs which has a lot to do with how we are with our girls. Just my opinion.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 10:11:33 (permalink)
Porktown
It was the second floor of the building and I assume there weren’t the 200 people noted when the police stopped the first time and told them to keep it down.  I haven’t been to a house party like that since my 20s, but remember many of them going from 15-20 people to 150-200 in 1/2 hour.  I assume when they showed up, there were only so many kids and all got quiet when someone answered the door (remember being in many of those situations too).  Being upstairs the officer couldn’t see how many and most likely who answered the door was not under age.  Not about to blame this on the police.

I’m not so sure about that. Seems like you’re making alot of assumptions to absolve law enforcement of any and all blame here.

There’s been a couple giant house parties in this area in the last few years. I’m talking hundreds of kids and vehicles swarming a residential neighborhood. I’ve been to house parties and I’ve played house shows, but never anything like this. It’s more like the underground raves in abandoned warehouses back in the 90s. They get blown up on social media and they are wild.

There was one report that this party was so packed that the tenant who was renting the unit downstairs had to leave because plaster was coming off the walls.

I think it’s totally fair to ask questions about why law enforcement didn’t do its job here.

And it’s also fair to ask where was the guy that owned and operated the Airbnb?
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4891
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 10:43:50 (permalink)
Porktown
Or Duncansville...

Don’t start by being a jerk.

You ask for civil conversation and when someone tries to start one, you immediately go to what you perceive as an insult so as to not have a conversation. Which indicates that a conversation isn’t the goal, a debate of ideas isn’t the goal, but starting an argument, like the ones which got the Off Topic thread deleted is the end game.

I won’t play the insult game. It’s beneath most on the boards to do that. I will have the conversation, if that is what it is.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2074
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 10:51:26 (permalink)
MyWar
Porktown
It was the second floor of the building and I assume there weren’t the 200 people noted when the police stopped the first time and told them to keep it down.  I haven’t been to a house party like that since my 20s, but remember many of them going from 15-20 people to 150-200 in 1/2 hour.  I assume when they showed up, there were only so many kids and all got quiet when someone answered the door (remember being in many of those situations too).  Being upstairs the officer couldn’t see how many and most likely who answered the door was not under age.  Not about to blame this on the police.

I’m not so sure about that. Seems like you’re making alot of assumptions to absolve law enforcement of any and all blame here.

There’s been a couple giant house parties in this area in the last few years. I’m talking hundreds of kids and vehicles swarming a residential neighborhood. I’ve been to house parties and I’ve played house shows, but never anything like this. It’s more like the underground raves in abandoned warehouses back in the 90s. They get blown up on social media and they are wild.

There was one report that this party was so packed that the tenant who was renting the unit downstairs had to leave because plaster was coming off the walls.

I think it’s totally fair to ask questions about why law enforcement didn’t do its job here.

And it’s also fair to ask where was the guy that owned and operated the Airbnb?
A neighbor interviewed about it said there was a huge line down the sidewalk of people waiting to get in, even early in the evening. Sounds like there was no mistaking it for a small get together.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 11:12:17 (permalink)
I want to add to my previous post/assement. If parents are a total Dbags, then I guess the child has no choice but to follow in those footsteps.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 12:06:39 (permalink)
FishinGuy
A neighbor interviewed about it said there was a huge line down the sidewalk of people waiting to get in, even early in the evening. Sounds like there was no mistaking it for a small get together.

I haven't heard that.  If the case, sure.  Like most on here, I am putting out assumptions without knowing the facts.  None of us, unless there, or in the know with the police investigation know the facts.

Dardys, read my initial post listing tons of small towns.  I added yours and you flip out.  If it were an epidemic in your town, you and most in your town would be thinking of EVERY way to address it.  Instead, you respond noting current laws that definitely didn't stop it.  I'm not going through the 20+ years of gun debates on this site.  Guns are far too easily obtainable by people that shouldn't have them, that is the issue (among other things that I noted, glorifying crime/violence).  Like this person or people if multiple.  Like those taking them into schools and shooting up kids or those pulling them during road rage incidents or whatever.  There are clearly many on this site that should have access and treat them with the respect they deserve.  When talk of Alec Baldwin, every gun owner was pulling down their pants, comparing sizes of their safety protocols.  Unfortunately, many of those that fully respect guns, don't want any sort of restrictions either.  Their coming to take my guns!!!  A huge portion of gun related crimes are from younger adults.  Same age grouping that has the highest risk behind a wheel of a car.  We have a permit and drivers license program and many other laws, programs and others that have lowered the risk substantially through the years.  Cars are required to be registered and insured out the rear.  Imagine if someone suggested to do that with guns?  Their coming to take my guns!!!
post edited by Porktown - 2022/04/19 12:08:10
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/04/19 15:51:10 (permalink)
pensfan1
Honestly, this isn't a gun issue. It isn't a race issue. It's a raising normal humans issue. Parents make kids think they are the most important person on the planet, nowadays. Never is heard a discouraging word. Kids don't hear "no" or "you can't do this or that". Parents don't care what the child is doing as long as they are happy. They want to be the child's friend. Then there is screen time and internet use. These kids go back n forth online, argue and fight without actually being confronted face to face. When that happens, they don't know how to act. Having 3 teenagers, we are super vigilant with them. We check phones, social media accounts and talk with them regularly. We converse with other parents and make sure if something "crazy" is going on at school, that none of our kids are involved. We aren't parents of the year by any stretch, but seems we've done a decent job. My kids know if you do something stupid, you're in trouble. If you get caught Snappin or on Insta, being a bully or sticking your nose somewhere it doesn't belong, you're in trouble. Ofcourse my wife and I are Gen Xrs which has a lot to do with how we are with our girls. Just my opinion.

It is a culture issue, not race.  Not all Italians are mafiosos.  Not all Mexicans are MS13/gang members.  Not all whites are white supremacist militants.  Not all blacks are part of this shoot first ask questions after incident seems to be.  All races have different cultures, like you said about being a decent human.  Most noted above are anything but.

You can't put 100% on the parents, they didn't pull the triggers or take guns to a house party, etc.  But I wouldn't doubt when all facts come to light, that percentage will likely point to how the killer/killers were raised.  I'd put money more on parents not there, than just about anything.  Yeah, they likely never heard "no" or "you can't do that" from their parents, because their parents likely didn't have much of a relationship with them.  My wife has been a city school teacher for the past 20 years.  She taught in this very neighborhood for a decade.  Same school that a parent chased down a teacher and threw a brick at her head on the West End Bridge a few years back.  Some are very well brought up kids, some that never met either parent and would get in trouble every day, just so an adult would pay attention to them.  Many come from a very sad culture that their own babies mean nothing to them.  It is way too early to know if this killer(s) were part of that culture or not, but many times when they end up arresting the suspect, they come from this background or close association with.

It depends what you mean by a gun issue.  With gun ownership comes responsibility, just like owning a car or other item that can easily kill others.  Most gun owners on this board seem to be taught about gun safety and responsibility.  These kids aren't taught most things by their parents and likely often taught the exact opposite.  Yet, can get a gun just as easily, if not more, than those that went through additional gun safety classes and taught about gun safety years prior to being allowed to touch an unloaded gun.  There is definitely a gun issue in this particular culture.  There is a gun issue in many of the cultures noted above.  There isn't one in most of the population, so it ends up being a contentious issue.
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/04 19:46:15 (permalink)
Never thought the Pens were ever gonna beat the Rangers. They've been pretty tough on the Pens all season. Didn't get to see the end; I conked out halfway through the 2nd overtime! Go Pens!

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 903
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/04 20:24:53 (permalink)
EMitch
Never thought the Pens were ever gonna beat the Rangers. They've been pretty tough on the Pens all season. Didn't get to see the end; I conked out halfway through the 2nd overtime! Go Pens!

Going into it - the pens lost 7 of 8 OT games in the Playoffs. I figured they were due. 

About 20 of the total shots vs Sorokin were right in the stomach. I swear almost every shot of OT was like that. Some of the camera shots where they showed his face, he looked like a zombie. 

Rangers couldn't score for 5 periods. If they don't win on Thursday, stick a fork in em man
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/05 07:33:36 (permalink)
We'll see what happens tonight. Everything is pointing to Domingue is the game 2 starter. Maybe we should cook up some Spicy Pork n Broccoli 😆Those 4 are all probably out for tonight.(Rackell, Zucker and the 2 goalies). Anxious to see how the Blue Shirts, and the fans, react to the bone crushing game 1 loss.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2022/05/05 21:14:10
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1664
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/05 08:25:08 (permalink)
Word on the street is that DeSmith tweaked his groin and is out week to week. 

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/05 14:30:23 (permalink)
Ya great🙄. I don't really know if they can play the "insulator" game to protect this Domingue. He's gonna have to try and hold up his end. He is 30, so it's not like a throwing a rookie kid in there. I didn't realize, he has been with 5 other teams before The Pens. Here's to maybe the surprise of the 1st round!??!🍻 Pittsburgh's 3rd string goaltender steals this series and they advance🤞🙄🤣
post edited by pensfan1 - 2022/05/05 21:14:21
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/06 01:05:57 (permalink)
Honestly, the bounces went to the Rangers tonight. 
Pretty hard to save deflections and when your team leaves an opposing forward in the slot for the 2nd game in a row.

Be interesting to see what happens Saturday. Pens lines outside of Sids need to wake up.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/06 14:46:50 (permalink)
Ya no puck luck lastnight. It was definitely a closer game than the 5 to 2 final would indicate. Desmith is out for the playoffs. He had surgery today. Looks like Louie is the man for now🤞.
EMitch
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/07 20:15:16 (permalink)
Maybe that gave them some incentive. Seems they're comin' back with a vengeance, at least in the first period of game 3. Go Pens!

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/07 21:37:46 (permalink)
Ugh. 2.24 left🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/07 21:38:51 (permalink)
Empty netter!!! Wake n Bake Jake💪💪💪💪

Time for some 🔥🐷🥦
post edited by pensfan1 - 2022/05/07 21:47:42
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/08 00:53:56 (permalink)
Bounces baby. Bounces. Erods one, went off the back boards, through 6 legs, back to his stick. 
Pens hit so many posts in those first 2 games. Good to see none tonight. 

And as always, another Letang idiot play in the playoffs. It's a tradition! 
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/08 09:14:41 (permalink)
DeadGator401

And as always, another Letang idiot play in the playoffs. It's a tradition! 

Ya, like the Masters. A traditon like no other. 😆. He turned it over, dropped his stick, as he got beat to the net, then grabbed the post with both hands and pushed the net off. Thas clearly the highest level of suck I've seen on the ice in a good while. Can't wait till he's gone.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/10 01:27:05 (permalink)
Letang has been a good player for the pens. Great. 

But man you can read him like a book sometimes. I THINK he may have outgrown the overreact and get mad and do stupid stuff phase, he's 35 now. 
Geno too. 

Dare I say it, I bet one of the two is gone after this year. And I bet it's Geno.
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1664
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/10 08:04:55 (permalink)
When the seasons over and its time to try and resign the 3 big FAs Letang, Malkin, Rust, I hope it's Letang.  Even with his meltdowns and untimely giveaways the man eats minutes on the defensive side and is always on the score sheet.

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4009
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/10 12:36:56 (permalink)
Another good game last night...well, I should say better game.  Was out and about in the yard....and put it on real time and peeked at the score in the 3rd and decided to start the recording from the beginning....!
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/13 15:49:10 (permalink)
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🐧💪💯
EMitch
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/14 07:43:47 (permalink)
So, they blew another one! Not scoring on that 5 on 3 penalty was a biggie. Big difference without Crosby. Now they'll go to New York and give up another opportunity and go out in the first round. 
The second period has been a killer in 3 out of 6 so far.

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/14 08:27:21 (permalink)
Can't argue with any of that....
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/14 09:55:26 (permalink)
I will add that Rodriguez can't in any way, shape or form take that penalty when his team is up 2-0. Maybe Sid, Rakell and Jarry will all play tomorrow, who knows. I feel that Jarry is the biggest need to win game 7. I'd suggest watching if you can, this could be the last game you see these guys together. If it is, I'm not gonna complain. 3 Cups, tons of wins and 16 straight years to the playoffs. For those of us that remember the early 2000s, none of that seemed remotely achievable at that time. Man were we wrong.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/05/14 21:53:15 (permalink)
I remember the Ian Moran years. Those were lean times.

I haven’t been able to get into hockey since the last cup run but l’ll be watching game 7 tomorrow.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 18
Jump to: