Helpful ReplyHot!fun stuff

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 34
Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
Re: fun stuff 2020/07/25 14:05:08 (permalink)
More

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re: fun stuff 2020/07/30 19:33:09 (permalink)
Seeing lots of Lake photos with Mexico point in the background - nice fish too Kings and browns.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/07/31 08:11:46 (permalink)
Being kinda serious,
So how do you think salmon ( circus) season will play out in the midst of covid 19 ? I mean with the governor basically shutting down any public gatherings that happen, don't you think they will get wind of people standing shoulder to shoulder on the river and most likely not wearing a mask ?
Think about it folks, we are a little more than 1 month away from this happening.

Here is my thoughts:
He will get furious and probably close off all sections of the public access to the river except the use of a driftboat. Drift boats will be allowed as long as people anchor and stay in the boat.
Second:
He will allow privatized sections of the river to remain open for fishing as long as capacity limits are maintained and social distance is adhered to.

Am I crazy ?

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/07/31 09:48:20 (permalink)
Kinda think that - even though NY is  State restricting folks from many states from coming in W/O self quarantine, that many will just show up anyhow.
Folks in their 20s, 30s and even 40s believe- with some reliability- that they wont catch it and even if they do its not a big deal for them.
The big issue will be indoor dining  and bars being open and weather or not the rooms will be available to the public for people who are not family when cohabitating in those rooms.
Around here ya cant even get a golf cart with a second person who you don't live with and indoor dining is just opening up with a small percentage allowed inside compared to the past.
Guess it will all come down to the States rules at the time and how well local business follows those rules.
Being in my mid 70s with issues this will likely keep me away this time around.
That and not knowing who had the room before me and not relying on some hotel keeper to have COMPLETLY disinfected between customers.

You could be very correct in your thoughts on the Govs actions and frankly he may be right. A photo or two of the Needle or town pool festivities could end the season real fast.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/07/31 09:50:43
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re: fun stuff 2020/07/31 13:50:58 (permalink)
Yes I'm considering all this and I come to the conclusion that it "SUCKS".I have n't made any plans and I wonder if there will be any businesses left after this blows over.Since I"m 80 yrs young I have ro avoid the prospect of getting this blankty.blank virus!

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/02 17:38:12 (permalink)
I heard there was a national coin shortage so I figured I'd start giving some back.
We bought a small cheap coin sorter machine. It's working but I've spent about 2 hrs so far and rolled up $697.00 worth. Haven't even scratched the surface or touched the 4 full water cooler jugs.
Gotta be a better way but I'm not giving any % to a coin machine in stores and my bank will only take them rolled.

Happy birthday TB !!

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/02 21:18:00 (permalink)
NY Gov could kill the fishing for a lot of folks if he sent some officials up there too see how many outa staters had made out and submitted  their forms for self quarantine before arriving.
Understand he is demanding 1 to two thousand dollar fines for violations,
If he started fining folks, and making it public, that would be the end of that.
Congrats TB---
(b-day boy here today too)
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/08/02 21:19:57
JM2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1089
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/03 00:02:55 (permalink)
hot tuna
I heard there was a national coin shortage so I figured I'd start giving some back.
We bought a small cheap coin sorter machine. It's working but I've spent about 2 hrs so far and rolled up $697.00 worth. Haven't even scratched the surface or touched the 4 full water cooler jugs.
Gotta be a better way but I'm not giving any % to a coin machine in stores and my bank will only take them rolled.

Happy birthday TB !!

A few years ago I wanted to roll up a lot of pennies to take to the bank. They would only give me so many empty rolls, because they said they were only just going to open them, and run them through a counter, and then re-roll them.

It was a Citibank branch, and the way they do it now is, they give you plastic pouches to place the uncounted coins in, then they count them, and deposit that amount in one of your bank accounts.

There's a bit of trust involved, but you could do a small test batch of a know amount to see if it come out accurate.

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/05 16:07:46 (permalink)
Was out picking some blackberries this afternoon and saw something shiny. It was a blue and white graduation balloon from Plainfield South High School with a logo of a cougar.

There aren’t any schools of that name around here, so I checked Dr. Google. The only school that comes up with that name, colors, and mascot is in Juliet, IL, a suburb of Chicago, which is 560 miles away.

Thermals?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/05 20:54:03 (permalink)
We always said the winds from the western industrial states such as, have caused acid rain in the Adirondack mountains.
Hopefully there's no acid in that graduation balloon. Could have been however on Jerry Garcia birthday. , 😉
post edited by hot tuna - 2020/08/05 20:55:41

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/25 18:30:09 (permalink)
My mother's house I'm moving in was put up in 1985 so its not to old compared to my 1923 house I grew up in and still here so far.
My wife was working over there today.
I pulled this out of the trash from there. It's our local newspaper. Amazing the things we keep for keepsakes.

In retrospect. This was 2019 estimate
Over a 104 million population increase in less than 40 years.
post edited by hot tuna - 2020/08/25 18:35:50

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/25 19:22:47 (permalink)
So I'm going to get a little sappy but in a fun way of what once seemed a simpler way.
These are pictures of my father's high school sweater and his ball glove as a pitcher. He was an academic scholar. Football, baseball, basketball and track. His local school still has a hall of fame wall.
He excelled in all kinds of things including farming. Had scholarships to many universities but chose a path of simple life
In marriage to a local girl with a great parenting of hunting and survival skills. While my dad wore academic wool sweaters,
my mother wore woolrich wool hunting sweaters. Match made in heaven.
I've learned so much from my parents and theirs. I've learned the very hard lessons of how precious life is.
In my times, I've wandered and passed lots of strangers just to shake their hand but it's never swayed from what real people are and mean.
post edited by hot tuna - 2020/08/25 19:34:29

Attachment(s)

Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/25 20:17:09 (permalink)
Those memories are priceless, and what a great set of parents to grow up with! 
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/29 08:39:24 (permalink)
First Salmon caught in DSR
Highway clogged already on 81 to Pulaski
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/08/29 09:27:54 (permalink)
Not a Metallica fan, but they have a new concert film playing at drive ins across the country tonight. If you like the band and bad drive in food, this could be an opportunity of a lifetime.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/04 20:02:49 (permalink)
Sometimes I feel like I've been here before. Dejav' . Master bedroom and bath will be ready for paint tomorrow. My goal is to have everything in there completely done by next weekend and livingroom very close.
This will be the neverending renovation on house #3 on our homestead. The projects never end but winter is coming so things need to button up.
The real fun stuff begins for us tomorrow at deer camp. Yes relaxing in the woods for 3 days. Much needed.
I know what will happen though be so long away from afeild, I won't want to leave.

Garden is over for us except herbs. Still lots tomatoes on the vine but birds can have them until it pull the stalks.
Enjoy your labor day and we've all earned something for our hard work.
Peace and tuna

Attachment(s)

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/04 20:59:08 (permalink)
Fish numbers depend on which Pro service ya read but things are starting on the SR in the river. 
But its started.
Photos of places I recognize  from 81 on down have some fish - appears mostly early in AM..

Waiting for a report of runners being in the Hatchery- always happens that some sneak up that far early.

Tight lines and good times to all who venture up to the river.
( ya dont need a stringer full to have the good times IMHO)
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/09/04 21:00:40
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/05 16:31:44 (permalink)
Tons of deer on the only 2 cameras we set out memorial weekend.
Put a new tree stand up and just relaxing plinking so 22's
Yup, fun stuff

Attachment(s)

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/05 17:24:14 (permalink)
Speaking of deer,there was ELEVEN buck standing in a field just a stones throw from my house,two are trophy size.Speaking of Salmon,there have been reports of fish seen at Pineville.Annnnd the weather is fall like today,now it's time to organize my Salmon River gear,I got the itch!
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/05 19:31:51 (permalink)
With over 2,000 pictures. Some nice ones are showing up

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/06 10:25:49 (permalink)
This is why we have a good population of deer. There is a massive acorn crop.

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/07 14:53:01 (permalink)
I'm back safe and sound from a great stress free weekend. We cut wood, moved tree stands and rode atvs. The woods are loaded with a very good deer population of all age classes .
All in all , my family had a fun time.

My other son who regularly hunts with us was not there as work prevails.
He is a police officer of over 10 years.
Apparently, he made national news.
This happened 2 weeks ago and here is the story.
A ups ( brown truck) was called into the police for driving erratic. My son was on bike patrol and spotted the truck hitting 2 parked cars then coming to a stop. He ran up to the truck and jumped in with the driver passed out , truck running and in gear. He moved the driver over and put truck in park then shut the truck off.
There was hypodermic parafanalia within sight and the driver was obvious to him overdosed. He administered 1 shot of narcan. The driver was still unresponsive and he gave another dose. The driver was literally brought back to life and taken to the hospital where he recovered.

All I can say is I'm very proud of my son.
Also very grateful he wasn't harmed. In today's crazy world, being an officer of the peace is a difficult job without the respect due.

Attachment(s)

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/07 17:18:38 (permalink)
Being a policeman today is a very tough job,I'm glad someone takes it on,but you could n't pay me enough to do it. your son is a fine person,congrats to him!!
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/07 17:21:06 (permalink)
Great Job- ya never know whats next---
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/07 17:51:17 (permalink)
pafisher
Being a policeman today is a very tough job,I'm glad someone takes it on,but you could n't pay me enough to do it. your son is a fine person,congrats to him!!

My thoughts are the person probably didn't deserve the danger he put others in . But, maybe it will make that person see the light to become something real in society.
I fear for my son and his family as being a servant to the public more than anything.
Media and some government leadership's are putting our officers down as the bad guys.
Again there are good cops and bad cops, I tried best I could to teach my children well and very proud of their accomplishments.

Someday, I'll fish again....... ugh

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/07 22:19:33 (permalink)
Congrats and praise to your son for a job well done.

I used to hunt and fish with quite a few state troopers, mist retired now, and to a person, they would not take or do the job in this climate. I don’t blame them.

May your son stay safe.

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/08 12:00:23 (permalink)
Rich,I'll be on the SR 9/20-10/3.any chance you being there ?
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/08 16:49:40 (permalink)
pafisher
Rich,I'll be on the SR 9/20-10/3.any chance you being there ?

Jack, I'm doubtful. I'm supposed to fish trout in the adirondacks the weekend of 9/25 with my son. I know he wants nothing to do with the SR during salmon season. He is also very freaked out over covid and being amoungst crowds or staying in lodging.
If something changes on his plans then I might be up.

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/08 19:46:45 (permalink)
Welll- instead of a slow beginning with a scout here and there and then nothing and then some more scouts--
This year seems to have pretty much just plain up an started 

Tight lines--
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: fun stuff 2020/09/13 11:07:56 (permalink)
In other news ya can see Uranus without a telescope this week
Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 34
Jump to: