Little Juniata... Regulation Change?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
  • Reward points: 0
Re: RE: Little Juniata... Regulation Change? 2020/03/17 12:58:54 (permalink)
Lol this thread hasn't been active years!  You responded to it like it was just yesterday...not sure most of the other dudes are even on this forum and at least one has passed away....

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2515
Re: RE: Little Juniata... Regulation Change? 2020/03/17 15:33:08 (permalink)
WOW!!!!! I didn't realize it till you brought it to my attention that this thread as been dormant for so long. Wonder why? I fish the lit'l j on occasion but never much payed attention to what was being posted here. Maybe this will shake things up and more will show interest. I primarily enjoy fly fishing and practice catch "If I'm lucky" and release but have no problem with someone who wants to take a few home for the skillet.

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
Quote: E.B. White

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: RE: Little Juniata... Regulation Change? 2020/03/17 17:10:02 (permalink)
Bigfoot maybe folks quit posting because of responses like received from fisher 376.

Maybe not folks like you and me but many guys have found responses like that, to be demeaning or embarrassing.

Why start out a response with "LOL" or even mention some members being dead.

Wouldn't a simple explanation be more friendly sounding?

Anyways, I never fished the LJ but back in the 70s/80s I knew instructors at the PA Fire Academy who loved to fish and loved talking about the experience on the LJ.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

EYESGLOW56
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: RE: Little Juniata... Regulation Change? 2020/03/18 23:30:05 (permalink)
I really did not realize the thread was old , any the part of the little juniata, I fished, when i lived along it is now posted all tackle catch and release, but the only people I see are fly fisherman, they basically have 13 miles all to themselves, I think the fish commission could at the very least let me keep two fish over 14 inches for the table, just sayin, I like to fly fish with nymps, but also spin fish.
EYESGLOW56
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: RE: Little Juniata... Regulation Change? 2020/03/18 23:40:50 (permalink)
I also release alot of fish, but I also like to keep a few to have on the grill, after all that is why fishing started in the first place.I am not bashing catch and release, nor fly fisherman but I had a fly fisherman tell me arent you going to release that fish, I just said no Im going to eat it, I stated I  dont tell you how to fish and I bought my license so Yes im keeping this fish. the point is people need to mind ther own biss and keep there traps shut, I dont bother anyone when I fish and I expect the same in return but there is always a wise****who thinks he needs to tell me the bio bull****t, about how he is saving the stream, give me a break, how about some good old common sense.

fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
Re: RE: Little Juniata... Regulation Change? 2020/03/24 15:23:47 (permalink)
BTDT sheesh man, chill....
the thread is 12 years old.  Most of the posters from it are gone.  Just stating facts.  It's funny, that's why i said lol.  No harm meant.  

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: RE: Little Juniata... Regulation Change? 2020/03/24 17:58:07 (permalink)
I understand.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: