reg. change for early bear season

Author
mr.crappie
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2549
  • Reward points: 0
2019/10/17 18:25:15 (permalink)

reg. change for early bear season

Look on the PGC web site for an up-date on carrying a bow & a muzzle-loader  at the same time in the early bear season.   sam

11 Replies Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/10/18 09:26:52 (permalink)
    The bear regulations and seasons are a mess. I understand they have been trying to increase opportunities for bears but the seasons and regulations are ridiculous. They need to really need to start over at the January meeting with a clean slate and build some seasons and regulations that are much more streamlined and less confusing. I don't hunt bears in Pa, but have talked to so many people that all feel the same way about the current season structures and regulations. I will be sending my thoughts to the Commissioners that they need to start over and build something new. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/10/18 13:44:40 (permalink)
    Will "hunting" over bait like is done in "other places" so you can "hunt" bear in PA, be one of those changes?

Not debating, just asking.๐Ÿ˜

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837โ€“1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/10/18 21:40:24 (permalink)
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Will "hunting" over bait like is done in "other places" so you can "hunt" bear in PA, be one of those changes?

Not debating, just asking.๐Ÿ˜

I haven't heard any discussion of allowing baiting in Pa. Personally I can see it being very problematic in most areas of the state. Now, if they wanted to do a very limited permit thing in our more lightly populated WMUs were bears need thinned out a bit, there could be some room to play there. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/11/01 07:50:38 (permalink)
    With approx. 1450 bears killed in this early seasons already I wouldn't be surprised if the PGC doesn't change the length of the season next year. I was surprised that the kill was that high. There were 3 that were est.at over 600#. Also 136 killed with a bow.My son was hunting near Warren, Pa. he saw a lot of bear sign , but since he was by himself on foot he couldn't get to the thick stuff to move them. Also there were no other hunters in the area to help drive them.   sam
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3348
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/11/09 17:08:55 (permalink)
     Sons buddy today

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/11/09 18:35:43 (permalink)
    Very nice, What did he use  ?  sam
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/11/09 19:39:09 (permalink)
    Super... Congratulations. ๐Ÿ‘

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837โ€“1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/11/10 00:52:24 (permalink)
     Not sure Sam. He did have a clean miss at 40 yards on Oct. 23 rd. with a smoke pole. Think he got 2 in Pa. last yr. & one out of state. He mostly uses a compound for them in the past.
    post edited by crappiefisher - 2019/11/10 00:53:49
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/11/10 07:45:46 (permalink)
    crappiefisher, Since I am no longer able to hunt it is hard for me to keep up with all of these changes,but I think that you are still allowed to only kill 1 bear per year. But it is very surprising to me that they killed over 300 bear with a bow already this year. With 8 seasons to keep track of it is very confusing to me. But with this high kill already I would be very surprised if there are not some changes next year.  sam
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/11/11 00:44:54 (permalink)
     Yeah, I haven't hunted in 8 seasons so don't know much about bag limits/seasons/permits/bonus tags/types of weapons / ammo / zones /camo/blaze and so on and so on. Just what saw on facebook last yr. but these guys like hero shots too screw with their buddies a bit.

Game com. must be raking in the bucks big time with all the bonus tags on crap, the lottery drawling & all these special permits for migratory / trapping & hunting nowadays  Didn't even need a trapping licence back in the day it was called hunting / trapping licence & pelts were worth a ton. Oh well they haven't got a penny from me for sometime. On a gooder note did see 4 road kill ditch roosters on way from Slippery Rock to Pymy today & 2 different pair of Bald Eagles. Only saw a couple trucks parked for possible hunting & not one orange hat on the 67 mile trip LOL! 

25 yrs ago pull offs would be full, trucks with dog boxes going past on a regular basis & orange spots scattered through-out farm land / wood lots & hedge rows. Hound Dogs barking in the wind is past 

crappy

PS,  Maybe they should sell 3 day lice so they could try & get some new blood or people that might just want to go for a day or so?

Fishing at Arthur yesterday (Sat) didn't see another soul & the bite was fantastic sooo that was nice!
    post edited by crappiefisher - 2019/11/11 01:27:00
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: reg. change for early bear season 2019/11/11 01:56:35 (permalink)
     Just realized my 67 mile ride was on a Sunday 

Winter storm watch starts a 4:00 pm today for Erie/Crawford counties..

Go Fish!
    Jump to: