Catt creek in September

Author
Steezrat96
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 0
2019/06/20 21:08:55 (permalink)

Catt creek in September

Hey so another quick question! I'm planning a multi night hunting/fishing trip near the Zoar valley area in early September, what kind of fish will I find that time of year? Will there be steelhead or suckers? This is my first year fishing wny and have had all but no mentorship my whole life and I'm just trying to get an idea of the area. Any help is greatly appreciated

3 Replies Related Threads

Lucky13
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1949
    Re: Catt creek in September 2019/06/21 08:26:52 (permalink)
    What are you planning to hunt?  I don't think anything is open that early but woodchuck.  We could probly tell you all our "secret spots" and insider stuff on the fishing, but if you can't read the regulations guide, you'll potentially be into it big time.  Also check out the park regs for the Zoar Valley area, I don't think it is "anything goes" there, and check on the Reservation and rules (a large portion of the Catt is on Native American land.)  Check the local library, Sander''s Guide to Western NY, or Spyder Rybak's book on Great Lakes fishing, you will probably find a lot of what you are looking for there.  Or do you really like being spoon fed?
    Steezrat96
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Catt creek in September 2019/06/21 09:55:49 (permalink)
    Squirrel opens Sept 1 and I'm not camping on Zoar valley I'll just be close enough to go there, and thanks for the book recommendations I'm sure those will help a ton!
    Irisheyeball
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 462
    Re: Catt creek in September 2019/07/03 18:09:21 (permalink)
    Unlikely to find steelhead in that area at that time. Too early, water too warm. If conditions are right, meaning some cold weather and/or rain, you may run into some at the creek mouths.
    Jump to: