Launches at Wilhelm Question

Author
Slabseeker
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 73
  • Reward points: 0
2019/05/18 11:27:36 (permalink)

Launches at Wilhelm Question

Can anyone tell me where I could launch a 24' Pontoon at Wilhelm? I am somewhat familiar with the lake and have launched a 16' foot fishing boat at launch 1, but I have never seen anyone launch a pontoon there. Just wondering which launch/launches would be suitable? Thanks for any info.

4 Replies Related Threads

mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re: Launches at Wilhelm Question 2019/05/18 12:00:09 (permalink)
    My dad use to launch his pontoon at the marina launch with no problems ...

STEVE.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Launches at Wilhelm Question 2019/05/18 12:20:54 (permalink)
    Any launch but 1 will serve you fine putting a pontoon on the water. However, launch 2 & 4 and, as Mopar says, the Marina will pose no problem.

Launch 3 does have shallow water so watch your prop til to get center field or a bit more west of the dock.

Some food for thought, the lake looks a bit above normal pool at the present time. (subject to change without notice) Launch one is a bit easier while the water is in the woods.

Good times & tight lines.

PS... Save me some fish, I'll be there just as soon as the new boat registration, some dummy forgot to apply for, arrives. Stupid boat registration!!!😣

Alert: Rt 173 north of Sandy Lake may be closed due to bridge replacement. May want to check with PennDot.
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/05/18 12:50:13

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Slabseeker
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re: Launches at Wilhelm Question 2019/05/18 23:20:23 (permalink)
    Thanks guys. If launch 4 is suitable I will probably try that one since it seems to be about the half-way point. BTDT - Yeah rt 173 through Sandy Lake is probably a no go with the bridge work. I was up there last week with the 16' Sea Nymph and I don't think a pontoon would fit through the work area. I'll try to leave you a couple fish if I get up that way. I was fishing for crappie last Thursday and saw a guy catch a nice walleye.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Launches at Wilhelm Question 2019/05/19 08:32:35 (permalink)
    You will have no trouble launching your pontoon at 4. Except maybe waiting your turn, pending time and day.

Thank you for the 173 update. 👍

Good times, tight lines and don't forget, 'it don't count if there ain't no pics'. 🍻

Oh... and Bubba Gumps, err Macs is open and has bait, propane, aaaand golf cart battery's too!!!

[sniff] I'm gonna miss Fergies, it was such an icon. 😣

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Jump to: