Helpful ReplyConneaut Ohio for Walleye

Author
Pope
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points: 0
2019/03/29 08:52:50 (permalink)

Conneaut Ohio for Walleye

I'm planning on fishing for walleye there this spring, anybody  have any pointers? I fish out of Lampe Marina during the summer, but I want to get a early jump on the season. Thanks, 1big1.
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
Re: Conneaut Ohio for Walleye 2019/04/06 07:54:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Pope 2019/04/06 08:29:01
Fish are closer in through late may/early June. A lot more contours to run over on the ohio side but generally we pick a depth with the right temp and troll with the waves. When that means a north south I just go to zig/zag. Fishing systems/methods are the same as Lampe, just closer to shore in early season.
Ramp gets busy pretty early, but the harbor folks keep it pretty orderly. $5 fee is worth it, IMO, to avoid the circus at Walnut. One thing I like is that when coming in you dont pull up to the ramp until your trailer is in the water. So plan to pull up to the wall and drop off a driver to get your vehicle.
Pope
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Conneaut Ohio for Walleye 2019/04/09 07:23:45 (permalink)
Thanks for the info. I haven't gone yet, but I'll post when I do, successful or not. 1big1
Tom3600
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Conneaut Ohio for Walleye 2019/05/06 11:03:53 (permalink)
Fisherlady2
Fish are closer in through late may/early June. A lot more contours to run over on the ohio side but generally we pick a depth with the right temp and troll with the waves. When that means a north south I just go to zig/zag. Fishing systems/methods are the same as Lampe, just closer to shore in early season.
Ramp gets busy pretty early, but the harbor folks keep it pretty orderly. $5 fee is worth it, IMO, to avoid the circus at Walnut. One thing I like is that when coming in you dont pull up to the ramp until your trailer is in the water. So plan to pull up to the wall and drop off a driver to get your vehicle.

Out of curiosity are you saying you can't fish by yourself and use this launch?  I rarely go out with anyone.
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
Re: Conneaut Ohio for Walleye 2019/05/06 20:17:55 (permalink)
Tom3600
Fisherlady2

Out of curiosity are you saying you can't fish by yourself and use this launch?  I rarely go out with anyone.

You can certainly go by yourself, but may need to arrange with the harbor folks for how they want you to do launch and retrieval.
Jump to: