Author
Ang1er
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2019/05/06 10:30:19 (permalink)

Question about good old St.Croix Pemier spinning rod

Hello!

First of all - sorry for my bad english.

There is a model in St.Croix Premier series called PS86LM2. As i understood after reading a pretty big amount of articles, this kind of rods developed for "float n fly" fishing technique (please correct me if i am wrong). The question is: how this rod peforms with small lures such as tiny crankbaits, little spinners (size 00 for example) and other ultralight lures? 

I am from Eastern Europe... ok, fine, you got me - i am from Russia :D And  i'm looking for long 8-9 ft rod to fish for chub, asp and ide on small to medium sized rivers. Back in time i've got a very good experience with st.croix rods, so why not to get another one.

post edited by Ang1er - 2019/05/06 14:07:38

1 Reply Related Threads

treesparrow
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Question about good old St.Croix Pemier spinning rod 2019/05/24 05:43:02 (permalink)
    Sounds like a nice rod to me although perhaps to long for my uses. I just have problems with casting long rods. I use a long 8' st Croix medium action to troll crankbaits for Walleyes. The 8'6" would be problematic to me for casting, as I prefer a 7' for casting. I like to troll with longer rods.
    Jump to: