Fishing report

Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9684
  • Reward points: 0
2019/03/25 17:24:56 (permalink)

Fishing report

Since FishUSA doesn't seem to like us SW Regional folks, I figure that I'll start my own contest...  The winner gets an all expense paid kick in the jeans. 

Lake Arthur = Dead Sea.  Had a few bites, but nothing wanted to take a ride in my cooler.  Water temp was cold.  Wind speed ranged from bearable to horrible.  Wind direction was from the SW, W, S, E, N, NW, SE and NE.  Pretty much where ever I went to hide from the wind, within 10 minutes it was blowing directly in my face.  I did get to use my new rod that I bought from FishUSA in December while Christmas shopping for others.  It seemed to hold up fine to the lures and live bait that I was throwing.  One of these days, it will catch so many fish, that you guys will be sick of how many fish it will catch.  MFCGA  

post edited by Porktown - 2019/03/25 17:26:15

15 Replies Related Threads

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/25 17:49:58 (permalink)
    The only reason I would go to Arthur during my bass tournament days was to get the participation points toward the Classic tournament for the exact reasons Pork outlined above.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/25 18:18:46 (permalink)
     Was gonna go but the township closed the road today & didn't wanna drive around the block. This doesn't count as a report Pork!!  Put a new muffler on the Forester, moved some boats around outback & put one in the driveway. Gotta make more room in the driveway since Timmy is bringing another home he has in storage tomorrow.

Heading to Pymy on Weds.--- Sunday, hope to get my boots wet.

crappy  
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/26 11:37:37 (permalink)
    crappiefisher
    This doesn't count as a report Pork!!  

Yes it does.  Send me my prize!!!

I pulled this report from an anonymous poster, from a different site...
    "Took a walk to my front porch.  Opened up the magical walleye hole.  Pulled out 2 x 25"ers with my bare hands.  Went back inside and fried them up.  You guys getting blown around Lake Arthur are fools.  Except for Porktown, he is a rock star."
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/26 11:49:02 (permalink)
    Ah, the good old wet blanket on the first trip to Arthur report.  Woke up this morning thinking I might try to get there in the next day or two to poke around wading.  Thanks for saving me a few hours Pork.  

What water temp did you get yesterday?
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/26 13:26:08 (permalink)
     Tim, There was a cellar stairwell in that spot at one time (black hole) (that dose not exist) I checked after you pointed it out. Was a place for underground railroad in the past. It can be a spooky place but kinda neat what goes on there. Cemetery is in backyard might have something to do with it .
     Road still closed in front ov house to get to Arthur today. So packing a day early for Pymy trip. I can pack you a goodie box ov fishing tackle if Trump don't get impeached soon.  Can pick up end ov July if you have to resign from the boards. 

crappy
    post edited by crappiefisher - 2019/03/27 00:18:08
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/26 14:59:29 (permalink)
    My "high end" Humminbird doesn't have a temp gauge built into the transducer.  Unlike my cheapo one that I replaced...  It was really cold washing my hands off though!  Once the temps decide to stabilize, game on.

I have 3 more months for the donkeys to impeach him on something.  It wouldn't be a smart thing for them to do, but when has that ever stopped a politician?  I have too much tackle that doesn't work.  I am hoping FishUSA sends me some of the stuff that does, with my epic reporting abilities.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/26 17:28:25 (permalink)
     Talk about stuff that must not work.... Thought I was gonna pack the Forester with things that might come in handy at camp but loaded tote after tote ov lures, tackle bags's's, tackle boxes's's's & rods's's's's from the cellar that ain't even mine instead   Didn't even break ice on the 8' bed filled to cap roof with tackle 

Brought home a boat today that wasn't needed if you ask me (tournament thing) should tell him to name it Lucky #13 then noticed 3 large boxes on the porch in front ov door from UPS full ov more fishin' crap that ain't mine. Said "what the heck Tim!" He responded with "oh yeah 750 Rapala's should be coming any day now." I give upppp!!

Good Luck if you guys make it out.
     crappy
    Ps, you do have some ov the most interesting reports on the boards & very dedicated.
    post edited by crappiefisher - 2019/03/26 18:06:54
    EMitch
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1033
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/26 21:18:02 (permalink)
    Well, since it's a southwest report thread, I guess I can contribute. My two boys and I hit the Allegheny river at Freeport, pool #4, on Sunday. Couldn't entice a single fish with a jig and minnow, though I did have something on and got it up about 4 feet off bottom before losing it. One 18" walleye on a Scatter Rap trolling upriver in about 12 feet of water was released in good health. At 5:15pm Scott tossed out a brand new Bulldog that he'd won at the Musky Club dinner the night before, and BAM!! 5 feet from the boat, a 40" musky nailed it. Little guy had a piece of his left upper lip missin', so it wasn't the first time he'd been caught. After revivin' the fish, he tossed back to nearly the same spot and another Musky rolled at the bait and missed, but the bait went right into a snag. We had to fire the motor to go in and retrieve the lure, but that's about as close as anyone could get to puttin' two muskies in the boat 15 minutes apart. 
    The river was just about at normal pool, pretty clear, and surface temp was 40.4 degrees.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    ZelieSam
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 727
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/27 10:12:44 (permalink)
    I'm determined not to miss spring crappie this year, even if the weather is CRAPPY.  Figure I'll start dabbling in a couple weeks.  Got the tub available if the fish want to bite before the boat is ready.  
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/27 22:22:00 (permalink)
    Sam if you remember where I told you to fish Wilhelm last year, you'll be putting slab after slab in the cooler.

If you don't remember the location I'd give you the coordinates but they're in a notebook in my boat that's locked up in storage. DAM your luck!!!
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/03/27 22:23:01

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

ZelieSam
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 727
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/27 22:26:32 (permalink)
    I remember exactly where you said BTDT.  Have to imagine it's all about putting a minnow or jig right in front of their face and letting it sit there at this time of year/temp.  Might have to give it a try.  
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/27 22:31:02 (permalink)
    Ha ha Sam glad you remembered. If anyone can get em with a minnow in tough conditions, it is you.

Keep an eye on that water temp and watch for that magic number. Won't be needing no minnow on that jig.

Good times and tight lines.👍👍👍

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/31 13:38:17 (permalink)

bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2521
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/31 15:35:15 (permalink)
    Witnessed one perhaps two people fishing out of kayaks yesterday afternoon, March 30 on Duman dam Cambria co. To my knowledge, fishing there is closed now till opening day. 

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
    Quote: E.B. White

pheasant tail 2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 401
    Re: Fishing report 2019/03/31 21:06:14 (permalink)
    Despite the big change in the weather last night, the crappie fishing was pretty darn good today.

PT2
    Jump to: