Helpful ReplyWalleye stocking facts in Western Pa.

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
  • Reward points: 0
2019/02/16 23:18:15 (permalink)

Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa.

I might have posted this before in 2016 , just a review into Walleye stockings....in case your wondering how's the future of Walleye fishing in Western Pa. and maybe why your not catching as many now days.

In the year 2008 the Fish Commission started their new Inland Walleye Stocking program. Like I said before this was basically a major cut back on stocking Walleye in our waterways throughout the State . Some numbers are very drastic cuts and I think will have strong rippling effects into the future of Walleye fishing as we knew it. I hope I'm wrong , but you look at these huge cuts and tell me how Mother Nature will replenish the supply. Some of these cutbacks should have been felt the past few years, so if your not seeing the amount of Walleye being caught this is probably why.

Allegheny River / Armstrong County /  2007 last stocking  / 3 million cut each year since  / 27 million less over 9 years

Allegheny River / Tionesta area  /  2007 last stocking / 196,000 cut each year since /  1.7 million less over 9 years

Allegheny River / Oil Creek, French Creek , areas  2007 last stocking  / 3.4 million cut each year since / 30.6 million less over 9 years

Allegheny River / Clarion County  / 2007 last stocking / 750,000 cut each year since / 6.75 million less over 9 yrs.

Clarion River / Clarion County / 2012  last stocking / 211,000 cut each year since / 844,00 less over 4 yrs.

Edinboro Lake / Erie County / 2014 last stocking / 5,000 less from 2014  / no stocking 2015 / 14,000 less over 2 yrs.

Conneaut Lake / Crawford County / 2014 last stocking / 20,000 less from 2013 / no stocking 2015 / 40,000 less over 2 yrs.

Shenango Lake / Mercer County / 2014 stocked 72,000 / 2015 stocked 1,800 / 71,200 less in one year

Shenango River / Mercer County / 2007 last stocked 4,800 / 43,200 less over 9 yrs.

Lake Arthur / Butler County / 2014 stocked 96,700 / down 48,000 / shows no stocking for 2015 / 144,700 less over 2 yrs.

Lake Wilhelm / Mercer County / 2015 stocked / same no change  / 68,000

Pymatuning Reservoir / Crawford County / 2015 stocked / same no change / 4,293,000

Some areas did receive increases like Allegheny Reservoir , Allegheny outflow area / upper Allegheny River, and French Creek .

Just some basic rough math I show about 67.2 million" less " fry / fingerling Walleye stocked in the above listed lakes / rivers over the 9 years of missed or lowered stockings ! Even at a 10% survival rate we have lost out on about 6 - 7 million Walleye being caught in the future . Can Mother Nature keep that pace with natural spawning ?

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 00:20:03 (permalink)
Capt. I recall discussing the subject and seeing your info.

No doubt the walleye stocking has been reduced substantially. Even stopped in some area lakes as we both know.

Two years ago came rumor of cut backs in the trout stocking programs.

Last year came rumor John Arway would be replaced because he threatened rallying the troupes against lawmakers, by reducing the numbers of fish t be stocked.

I hope Mr. Arway enjoys his sudden retirement.

So I gotta think, was the reduction in stocking numbers a practice useful to other PFBC echelon, hoping to force their agenda?

Don't know if you remember my comments regarding John Arway and how he was railroaded into the position he recently exited, on the rails.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 11:04:12 (permalink)
I do remember the comments you posted back then. ....hope he is long gone also.

I just laugh when they say the program isn't working in some lakes....so they are cutting back more ....well if you stock way less fish how does it increase that lake's numbers in the future ? To me it needs more stocking numbers or better quality size stocking.

I'd like to see them cut way back on Pymy stocking about 5 years in a row and prove their program still works ! It wouldn't stand up just like the other lakes they have cut back on .

Their Inland stocking program is once again based on numbers they control ....and the facts are they have reduced Walleye stocking numbers by roughly 88 million less fish stocked over the past 11 years just in our areas ! 
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9658
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 12:50:21 (permalink)
Makes me feel better about not being able to catch that many... I’ll still try and waste a bunch of time and money in the process though! I’m sure there is mismanagement of funds, but likely comes down to available funds. We are due for a license increase unfortunately. Inflation and cost to raise these fish has gone up drastically. That said, if raising license price, then increase stocking! But there seems to be less and less fishermen around. That senior lifetime license is the downfall of the PFBC. Not that seniors don’t deserve it for how much they put into years of supporting the PFBC, but not nearly as many younger generations throwing into the pot now. Seniors make up a huge portion of fishermen, especially hours per spent fishing.
Ugly Stik
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 13:13:19 (permalink)
This data explains a lot of frustrated days on the water. Thank you for the info.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 13:26:40 (permalink)
Capt. What the brains of the PFBC won't accept is, it's we old timers paying for the young anglers, the PFBC hopes to catch, and will need for the future.

Therefore, we oldsters stop going, we stop taking which intern puts future anglers in front of TV's and computers playing games. It's a dominoes effect, if you will.

GoodGrief you would think the PFBC would learn from the PGC.

Eh.... maybe not, anymore these guys are all from the same school.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/02/17 13:28:57

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 15:35:40 (permalink)
Well if you want future people into the outdoor sports programs you have to make it interesting. Stocking less fish isn't the answer whether it's trout , walleye and so on. 20-30 years ago there were fishermen but way more fish being stocked all around, now it's heading the opposite way. If license increase would help most fishermen wouldn't mind, but they have to see more results. Even the Pa. Trout program is no where what it was 20 years ago on stockings. 

Flashback ......remember when almost all bait shops sponsored a fishing contest every season......how about the old Crappiethon days ! Now all the sponsors back the pro circuit and TV shows instead of local contest .    
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 17:50:20 (permalink)
It is pretty disappointing to spend an entire day on the Allegheny river and have next to nothing for your effort. I fish the lower Allegheny from Lock 4 at Natrona, which is Allegheny County on the west side, Westmoreland County on the east side, and Armstrong County from Rte. 356 north on the west side, and north. So me and my boys cover 5 pools from Lock 4 to Lock 9, and though you can catch catfish most anywhere, it's gettin' tough to find (legal walleyes). Yeah, you can catch 25 or more sub-legal 'eyes, but legal and up can be tough. My small mouth catch rate has gone way down, and I've only caught 1 sauger in the past 4 years where I used to catch dozens. And I can agree with Captain about the size of stocked fish. True, it does cost a lot more to raise size well above fry and past fingerling size, but in my thinking the survival rate would go up proportionately. Fry and fingerlings are nothing more than some quick meals for the various predators, and then they're gone. You think about it. Even a crappie or an 8 inch walleye have no problems eatin' a fingerling. And I've caught 7" small mouths on a #13 Rap with no problem.
BTW, my youngest got suckered in on the "voluntary Musky stamp". Lord knows it'll just be a matter of time before ya need a crappie or a walleye stamp. Can't wait!

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
anzomcik
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 720
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 18:06:51 (permalink)
EMitch
BTW, my youngest got suckered in on the "voluntary Musky stamp". 

Help me out, your complaining about lack of stocking and acknowledging bigger fish cost more to grow, but then say your youngest got suckered into the voluntary musky stamp, which goes right to the musky stocking program.

From just what I read it seems your youngest has done more to help the “issue” than you, and you say he got suckered?
Panfisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 18:29:07 (permalink)
Porktown
That senior lifetime license is the downfall of the PFBC. Not that seniors don’t deserve it for how much they put into years of supporting the PFBC, but not nearly as many younger generations throwing into the pot now. Seniors make up a huge portion of fishermen, especially hours per spent fishing.

Not a down fall by me.  I have a senior license and still spent $22.27.  Plus I buy the pa angler magazine.  Bought a button, trout stamp, and a digest.  I agree younger generation not buying licenses including my grand kids.

The PFBC should have created a voluntary walleye permit to help with stocking.
post edited by Panfisher - 2019/02/17 18:32:11

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 19:16:46 (permalink)
I have bought 3 CU buttons almost every year I fished Erie at 3 bucks a pin it's well worth the cause ....I'd support extra cash for stocking in our local lakes ...but I'd like to see some results even if it's not me catching....lol

Speaking of predator fish chowing down on bait fish , I saved this Bass from certain death ....he was flipping on the surface near my boat a few years ago......the Crappie wasn't  as lucky

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 20:37:35 (permalink)
Panfisher
I would imagine that you are one of the few that keeps paying. I likely wouldn’t if I had the lifetime. By no means a shot at anyone that has taken advantage of it. But when you have one of your largest clientele, not paying, it doesn’t help in raising the funds that you are strapped for. Especially when at an all time low on gaining new clientele. They should probably think of grandfathering who already has one and raising the age to 75 or so. Or just stock less and less as they are.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 21:36:41 (permalink)
Voluntary programs for each species is in the workings. Pending the success of one, others will follow.

Anz, any chance you chastise emitch because your fish of choice is the Musky and your business depends on anglers fishing for musky?

Speaking of musky, (I believe) 3 years ago I watched a musky club assisting with stocking thousands of musky in Pymie alone. Biologist I spoke with told me the musky being stocked averaged 10". I can see why, the need for donations.

Capt. I didn't read the entire biologist report I posted under a recent thread on stocking. The material I referenced was found as I researched a report the PFBC wrote regarding a "study" they conducted, stocking fry vs fingerling.

The report of course, defended fry over fingerling because mortality study, proved fingerings, didn't survive to any greater number.

Regardless, fry vs fjngerling, by their own admission the PFBC has stopped stocking Walleye in many Penn's Woods waterways.

Something smells fishy.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/02/17 21:48:54

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 22:22:37 (permalink)
Pork here's some food for thought on the Seniors Life Time. Maybe the program no longer works as intended and maybe some changes are needed.

But many of us old guys probably wouldn't be fishing at our stage in life if not for "already" having a license. Maybe the original intention for a lifetime, I Don't know.

While not buying a license we oldsters do spend some pretty big bucks each year. Money spent because I got a license so why not got fishing aaaaand take someone with me. Heck, last ice season, I got three other people interested and one of those guys now have his dad and brother ice fishing. No applause needed.... just throw money.

PS. I haven't spent much time around the water so I have no idea of what's happening fishing wise. I have made connections with a few regulars in the RV park that fish and made plans for wetting a line (or two) next year.

Meanwhile "Fat Tues". be here soon.... got to partey. 🎺🎹
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/02/17 22:24:19

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3335
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 22:33:11 (permalink)
 The PF&BC makes a mint on boat regs. & double dip on the 2 yr. reg. when resold a lot. Many boat owners might not even fish. They get gas tax % $$ from boaters, sales tax % on fishing/boating related items sold, all these permits from canoes/rafts/non powered boats, trout/Erie/throw nets & so forth but yinz say they haven't had a increase in a long time. Oh well be blind.

I could care less if they ever stock another fish in the commonwealth, cut payroll maybe a $5 lice. charge at max & use the tax money & boat regs. $$ they receive plus fine money & be done with this game they play.

Really could care less what they do one way or another.

crappyhttps://www.discoverboati...ost-boat-registrations

post edited by crappiefisher - 2019/02/17 22:34:25
anzomcik
Expert Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/17 23:36:35 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Anz, any chance you chastise emitch because your fish of choice is the Musky and your business depends on anglers fishing for musky?

Pointing out hypocrisy is different than chastising. Don’t go along with the we need more stocking/bigger stocked fish then say that some one was “suckered in” for donationing money to help stocking. Am I missing something here?
post edited by anzomcik - 2019/02/17 23:39:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 09:08:29 (permalink)
Not a problem to voice ones opinion, I'm sure we agree. Most likely the choice of words that triggers most reactions as I see it. (paint me guilty)

For instance, had Mitch's comment being about Carp rather than Musky.

Or perhaps emitch should have said "duped" into donating.

Anyways, the point I see is "why" the need for anglers to donate 'money' for stocking/habitat/etc programs?

Myself, I would rather donate money for the purpose of an Independant "audit" of the PFBC.

Probably just me, being me but something smells fishy.... and it's getting stronger.

Good times and tight lines?

anzomcik
Expert Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 09:38:18 (permalink)
BTDT I will agree a lot of things if worded differently would get different reactions.

However in this case, on this thread, towing the line of needing more stocking/bigger fish stocked, the very next breath saying a person was "suckered in" to contributing to a fund to help stocking/bigger fish stocked. 

I do not think its a leap to say he was on the side of pro stocking, but when someone close to him contributes to pro stocking fund the words "suckered in" shows a level of disapproval almost regret. 

I do not care if thats for trout, bluegill, carp... name your fish. 

I see scenarios like this often, people want somthing changed, then have negativity to the avenues to bring change. I do not think its wrong to point it out, we are all in the same boat and if someone has this brought to their attention it could change their outlook. That will make the cause stronger, I would not say thats a bad thing.

I do not know emitch, probably will never meet him. However I will go out on a limb to say i bet he is a good guy, just like everyone one else on this site. I was just pointing out the inconsistency  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 09:40:00 (permalink)
$40 for 2 year boat registration, isn't all that much.  The key to not making it a huge expense, is not owning 20 boats!!!  Or just don't register the ones that you don't use, is my way around it...  Putting in one new launch is measured in the $Ms.  Upkeep on others has to eat up a lot of those funds too.  I would hope the cast net permits and other fishing related funds, stay with fishing related expenses, but can't see all that much of boating registration going to fishing.  I would have to think that both pots are being pulled from, when it comes to the ever ending repair/replacement of the dams.  That is one thing about man made entertainment reservoirs, they only have a rather limited lifespan, then need extremely expensive repairs.

I applaud everyone that goes above and beyond.  A few guys that voluntarily purchase licenses and a few guys that take others that don't currently have licenses, doesn't solve what Captain is noting though.  I have bought the Erie/trout combo since I have been 16 or it has been available.  There are years that I don't do either, and pretty much know that I won't.  I definitely know that I won't "get my money's worth".  It helps a little, but know we need a lot more people to start buying licenses. 

I would love for more stocked fish, but realize that this is likely a trend that will keep happening, as less and less funds are available to be brought in.  There are just more and more options for entertainment for every age.  When I was a kid, there was 1/4 of the entertainment options there are now.  But still only got a fraction of the fishermen that the generation before us had.  When many of you were kids, there was 1/4 of those entertainment options.  When the major source of entertainment was listening to Howdy Doody, stick ball in a vacant lot or listening to a game on the radio, going fishing was entertaining to a lot more.  A bit less entertaining to most, when you could have a triangle shape on your TV, "shoot" small dots at a round blob or watch just about any local sports team on TV or rent videos at the hundreds of mom and pops video stores that were around, if you didn't have a Blockbuster or others.  When you have video games that look almost realistic, kids can act out what most of us could only do in fantasies or watch just about anything on their handheld devices/5-6 large flat screen TVs in their house or play sports that are 24/7 or go to water/trampoline/climbing/other "fun zone" places that are everywhere.  Getting any kids interested in fishing, is kind of rare.  With technology, who knows if any kids in the next generation will be fishing?  It isn't just kids too.  It is only time that our reservoirs will be filled with sports drink and can have a corporate sponsor.  But it has electrolytes...

There is going to be a point in time, where they just stop stocking game fish that won't reproduce naturally.  Money spent will be to maximize the native fish reproduction, maybe stock some native species to help the wild stocks or supplement bait fish, if/when there are low reproduction cycles.  With how crazy the climate has been and projected to be, I would imagine this will happen much more than it has.  That seems to be the direction they are going with walleye and the adding of habitat to reservoirs.  I am fine catching whatever is there.  Don't get me wrong, if walleye are there, I am going to try to put one in my frying pan.  It they are no longer around, which they aren't ever really around my cooler anyway, I am just fine going after whatever is going to cooperate. 

PFBC is going to ride out the trout circus for as long as it is keeping them afloat though.  Other fish, I would be shocked if stocking numbers ever go up on a consistent basis.  Unless fishing somehow goes "viral", and there is some sort of instant influx of cash to it.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 10:04:10 (permalink)
Anz, I understand perfectly and couldn't agree more regarding there being good people on this sight.

No doubt in the right time for the right reason we would all come together for the good of a common cause.

...... unless that cause, smells fishy. lol
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/02/18 10:05:34

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 11:07:16 (permalink)
We know there's no better way of advertising than word of mouth. So, picture students each having a fishing pole and each having a computer.

Two students begin conversation. One student discusses their experience with fishing and conversation they've heard, regarding the state of the present day sport. The other student speaks about a new or changes to a computer game. Access to additional info is available for both subjects. We can guess where the masses will be headed.... but why?

Parents are given a voucher to buy their children a gift. But the voucher can only be spent on either a cell phone or fishing gear. No brainer on this either. Why buy something the kids no nothing about, parents can't teach em and the child can't learn from friends?

Over time, more and more adults quit fishing leading to less and less young people learning leading to more and more adults not fishing leading to less annnn...... 😮MGosh I think there may be a vicious circle in there, somewhere?

Anyway, in summation, Ummmm.....

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 11:08:41 (permalink)
   Tim, some good points. Back in those days most places were not open for business on Sundays including gas stations. A lot of families had one car not like today where 4 + is not uncommon. The roads to get to fishing destinations long ago took forever, like rt. 19 from the Burgh too Erie then 79 enters & the cars/trucks of today make it easy. A 40 hr. work week was enough to support most families then.  Families were big back then 5-12 kids common now 1-3 is normal + same sex marriages ov today. 

The Commonwealth gets grants also to help with repairs. When I worked for Pittsburgh Job Corps our heavy equip. shop did a lot ov the work on the Sharpsburgh boat launch & parking lot, no cost labor. It  would be nice if some heavy equip. companies would volunteer some & they could put up signs say they did the work on launches & parking areas.

Kayaks are growing in popularity like never before add $10 a crack per yr. for the state parks, un powered crafts were not charged not that ling ago.

Still say they should put up a snow cone & weenie stand at Wallnut & have their employees on bad behavior take turns 
at the stand. I'm with BTDT, like to see'm get a "audit".

Commonwealth has no Commonsense a lot.

crappy                                  
post edited by crappiefisher - 2019/02/18 11:39:34
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4891
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 11:39:04 (permalink)
Don’t know about the PAF&B, but 80% of the PAGC budget goes for wages and benefits (some of them legacy retirement). That doesn’t leave a lot for other expenditures.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 11:56:16 (permalink)
That's the other independant audit that's needed.

I would definitely donate to that fund and I wouldn't expect no dadburn button or other trinket neither.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/02/18 12:00:04

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 12:00:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2019/02/18 12:03:54
Completely different world than it was 50 years, 30 years, and even 15 years ago.  It will be completely different in the next 15-30-50 too.  Who knows what it will bring.  I think a lot of people would like to go back to 30-40 years ago.  But it is a give and take with a Capitalist economy.  It would be nice to just take the good things about it, and ignore the not so good things like mentioned about one 40 Hr/week job supporting 12 mouths and people donating time for the common good.  Now days, that sort of talk, is called Socialism.
Panfisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 12:28:32 (permalink)
Porktown
Panfisher
I would imagine that you are one of the few that keeps paying. I likely wouldn’t if I had the lifetime. By no means a shot at anyone that has taken advantage of it. But when you have one of your largest clientele, not paying, it doesn’t help in raising the funds that you are strapped for. Especially when at an all time low on gaining new clientele. They should probably think of grandfathering who already has one and raising the age to 75 or so. Or just stock less and less as they are.

Very true.   Need more young people buying licenses.  Same thing with lifetime hunting licenses.
post edited by Panfisher - 2019/02/18 12:31:00

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 12:43:40 (permalink)
Pork there's an old saying, "History Repeats Itself".

Hard to believe but you'll just have to trust us baby boomers. At one time, law enforcement was the primary responsibility of both the PFBC & PGC.

Honestly, the "beef of the day" dealt with "harassment" (really wasn't harassment) cause Yinz probably was doin sumthin toopit.

Unlike today, the watercraft and personnel ya saw on the water was for law enforcement. Yep, it was.

Those were the days where "ticket writing" and "warnings" were proof for the need of law enforcement. Unlike most of the test, experiments (research😒), reports and other unnecessary data generated to paint a bogus picture for a need of so many biologist.

PS. Still no reports on the fishing but neighbor... if ya can make it down for Mardi Gras. Mercy if this is any sign of what can be expected for Spring break. Paint me late for supper.... uhh huh!!!

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 13:24:57 (permalink)
This is how you raise money for Pa. stocking.....the lakes will be full of fish in no time and nobody will be complaining about the cost ! I'd buy 5 tickets everytime I stopped at the bait shop and so would a million others ! 

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 13:31:59 (permalink)
 Just like the lottery. Our seniors should be living the high life now. Would be good but too many handsss in the cookie jar I  believe.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Walleye stocking facts in Western Pa. 2019/02/18 15:08:36 (permalink)
crappiefisher
 Just like the lottery. Our seniors should be living the high life now. Would be good but too many handsss in the cookie jar I  believe.

Unfortunately, I agree.

If run right, I'd buy a bunch of them too!

I have no issues with biologist reports.  When work has me on the road for a few days, I would rather fish than waste a few hours at a bar or sitting in my hotel room channel surfing.  I at least know what a lake has in it, and what to target.  Often a few other hints in them too.  I would hope the spawning structure and other stuff they do in lake management helps in natural reproduction.  I think that is the future of maintaining some fish, if they don't get the funds for stocking.

I like those boats that drive around and chart the bottom contour too!  GPS and sonar are almost like cheating at fishing, but I am fine with that!
Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to: