AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..181182183184185.. > >> Showing page 181 of 199
Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2018/11/27 22:37:18 (permalink)
Finally someone else can reap the benefits of the LE machine. We got 3 inches of slush that clogged the blower faster than anything. Ended up back blading it out with the plow. We should get some lite stuff form this next round that's about it

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re:Weather thread 2018/11/27 22:58:15 (permalink)
Hate that slushy stuff my self Clint.  Nothing would clog my WheelHorse faster than the sloppy stuff.

Not sure I'll get heavy snow my way, that will depend on wind direction of course but should it happen, I'm stayin inside with feet propped up until late week when the extended forecast takes affect.

However, we all know bout them stupid extended forecast so I shall not hold hold my breath waiting for "any" forecast to happen.  It will be fun to see if it holds true.

Problem is, not only will the snow disappear but any hard water, is sure to go too.  True meaning to "be careful what yinz wish for"!!  lol

NWS SEZ........

Friday
A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday Night
A chance of snow after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday
A chance of rain and snow before 7am, then rain. High near 47. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday Night
Rain. Low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Sunday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Sunday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night
A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tuesday
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/27 23:00:55

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/11/28 21:29:57 (permalink)
Well of course they were wrong and all total we got close to a foot . It wasn't as heavy as the lady stuff and the blower honked it ok. The ground is not froze so I hate putting the plow down as it tears up the lawn. Biggest hassle was a 16 power outage due to the heavy snow bringing down wres. Very lucky it was around 30 or there would of been alot of frozen pipes. Dad come down at noon and put wood on so my house was only 59 wen I got home.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re:Weather thread 2018/11/28 22:52:30 (permalink)
We are still MUD here. Wish it would freeze ( after I knock the ruts down.).
My house is typically in 50's when I get home at 5pm. It's 80 by 8 pm ( given these temps) and falls to about 62 when we wake up. I like that range stuff Don T freeze and we sleep comfortable.

In response to Trevor.
Yeah, my hundred hrs in woods is adding to hrs spent butchering.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/11/29 00:17:02 (permalink)
Not doing much in my little piece of Penn's Woods.  An inch or so of snow yesterday making for some excellent hunting conditions as compared to Monday past.  Didn't miss being out in that rain and wind one bit.  Today, some light snow then rain and back to light snow again.  Will be interesting to see how things go the next several days, with the forecast I posted above.  Don't mind the colder temps but the snow can go away and stay there for all I care.  Go dump on a ski mountain or sumpthin!!!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re:Weather thread 2018/11/29 08:17:30 (permalink)
Startin to rack up the hours too Rich. Good shooters on two of my properties but darned if I can find them.
Now that the ruts bout done they are probably on walkabout lookin for love and wont be back till late Dec.
In the past 4 years was fortunate enough to take 3 mature shooters. 2 were on or near tote roads ad the third we got out with a tractor from a very wet field.
Those spots were picked as easy places to get the deer out and then sat on for many many hours.
This year have some family who said they would help out for a nice drag lol.
Might be time to start hunting skippers.
post edited by r3g3 - 2018/11/29 10:41:33
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/11/29 10:57:33 (permalink)
I've been cutting and processing until about 11pm then shower, dinner and hit the rack about midnight. Up at 5:45 am for the JOB.
1 and 3/4 deer done , 1 and 1/4 deer to go.
The biggest hassle is getting the meat semi frozen.
I think my next project is to build a walk in cooler.

Just not cold enough outside yet.

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/11/30 22:49:52 (permalink)
With the river at 1500 and rain coming no fishing for me this weekend

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/02 11:49:30 (permalink)
Welp, I guess the 5 day forecast was pretty close.

Today it is 59 degrees with partly sunny to mostly cloudy (says the weather dude) sky's.

Mild breeze out of the south through this afternoon eventually swinging to the north bringing mid 30s back to the area by tomorrow night.

Maybe, could, or might be a chance for snow, some point in time, through the coming week.

Here in my little piece of the Pennsylvania Wilds, firearms deer season is officially half over. Followed by flintlock and 'late season' archery the day after Christmas.

But the gooder part, "coming soon" the unofficial official "uncovering of the sauerkraut" Been three weeks to date, since the cabbage went undercover and, New Year Eve is right around the corner.

Nothing like a whopping big plate of pork, kraut, and smashed taters after midnight.

Update: Temp just went to 61.... Spring Is in the aaaair. 😃

But the barometric pressure is saying... NOT!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/12/02 12:03:03

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/02 13:00:24 (permalink)
Crappy and rainy here . Mud, mud and more dang MUD !!
Just freeze for cripes sake.
All my processing duties are done and now I'm focusing on that other task, getting the Rav-4 road worthy. Another gift to my son who failed to put or check the oil in the last vehicle I gifted him 4 years ago ( tundra truck) and subsequently blew the motor up. Dang kids !! Its hard for me as a dad to just say NO so I bite my lip and slave on.

That kraut gig sounds awesome.
Hopefully all my unexpected duties will be caught up by next weekend and I'll start a batch myself.
Nothing much going on next weekend except a night of dancing to my favorite grateful dead cover band " The Wheel " Friday night. Most likely ride the couch on Saturday then try the kraut..
post edited by hot tuna - 2018/12/02 13:01:35

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/02 16:48:43 (permalink)
3/4 inch plus of rain from this system. Sun came out for an hour at the end of the day. Got some odds and ends done. changed oil in dads car and took a trip to Pulaski for some furnace filters. River is raging pretty good

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/03 13:57:32 (permalink)
The weather screwed up my trip to daughter and fishing over Thging.If it was warm it was raining,if it cooled it was snowing,those streams are really affected by the rain/snow.Most of the time they were blown and/or the roads were too slippery to make a drive to "maybe" hook a Steely.I never pulled a rod out to try it,did n't even go look at it.O well, maybe I'll get a try at it over Xmas?
The drive home yesterday was very tiring as the Sun that was predicted hardly sowed up,most was over cast drizzly and the last 70 miles was dense fog.Today the sun was out a bit but it is overcast now.
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/06 19:26:39 (permalink)
Watertown 1.5 feet and Sandycreek about a foot. Here lite snow. River is still at 1500so my du off tomorrow will be spent doing other things

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/06 21:53:48 (permalink)
I know I'm taking a chance here but the weather dude is forecasting mid 30s along with "sunshine" for 5 days beginning Saturday, here in my area of ThePennsylvaniaWilds.

Temps remaining at or below freezing... good.

No snow.... Gooder.

I been busier than a twopeckered Billy Goat in mating season.

I'm still looking for a new adobe but getting things narrowed down. Hopefully be making a proposal by middle of next week. Hope to get moved and by then have good ice to go play bore-a-hole.. bore-a-hole, in the ice somewhere. Then after New Years (and a big plate of pork and kraut) load up my knapsack and head south for some campin in the winter.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/12/06 22:41:14

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/07 07:45:32 (permalink)
We ended with 4 inches of fluffy stuff. The sun is out now and as BTDT says quite a few days a quiet , but cool weather coming

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/08 11:31:15 (permalink)
Went out dancing last night until 1am . At that time my hardwater spots the temperature was 3 above. I'm hearing of 6" ice already on some of my spots. With temperatures not getting above freezing and lows in single digits every night, it won't be long before the deep water lake trout action starts.
I'd love to be out there today but I'm stuck in aggravation working on a car. Funny how a small spring and locking ring can be such a ball buster. Ugh!!
I need to get this done and over with then start having fun again.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/08 12:22:14 (permalink)
Go get em HT, catch a bunch this winter.

I got some loose ends to tie up, hopefully by coming weeks end, then it's fun in the sun.

Till then, tomorrow will be four weeks and a good day to test some kielbasa and fresh made 'kraut samidges.  Pictures to follow.

Today be the last day for 'statewide' white tail firearms in the hills of Pennsylvania, A/K/A.... brown and down day.  Couldn't ask for a better day what with just the right amount of snow on the ground and mild temperatures.  Gotta be the best hunting conditions in my little piece of Penn's Woods in the past several years.  Yet, I have no desire to venture forth, in search of the elusive PA White Tailed Deer. 

"UNTIL" late season archery begins Dec 26th 

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/16 11:14:05 (permalink)
Ok now this weather officially SUCKS again.
Sleet and rain !! Mostly rain .
I hate MUD, just freeze for gosh sakes.
Only thing going on today is stocking up on cooking.
Did a large pot pulled pork last night and individual packaged this morning.
Doing a big batch ham hock bean soup today.
All this makes great meals on the ice or a easy dinner at home.

Cook away folks on a rainy day.
I really need do do the kraut

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/16 11:22:05 (permalink)
Still decent here today so far, but a bit cooler than the lady few days. The ground is Sill froze  up, but not solid. I am making a cake today. Health wise fishing the days 2 hurt me bad. I have lateral epicondylitis aka tennis elbow and it is excruciating. I got a shot 3 months ago and I was good for 2.5 months. Back to the MD because I think surgery is in my future.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/18 08:57:17 (permalink)
Making ice today !! Yea !!
Look out Lakers, I'm coming after you sat, Sun and Monday !!

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/18 20:12:39 (permalink)
Supposed to get a big rain event Friday.   Will quash any skim coat  we may get, maybe bring the water back up too

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/23 09:55:35 (permalink)
I HATE MUD season. It's winter for cripes sake, freeze this crap up already.
Almost didn't get out of my yard yesterday morning. Instead of fishing, I will be putting plow on atv and try to back drag the ruts.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/23 10:39:21 (permalink)
Quite a bit fell all local streams creeks are brown and muddy

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/23 11:23:35 (permalink)
Not the greatest job but it's better. With temperatures still above freezing I bailed on local ice today, to wet on top.
Gonna go make some noise with the chainsaw before they get snow covered on some trees I dropped.
Believe me, I'd rather be doing this instead.
The ice was nice where I was 120 miles north of my house yesterday but after being up for 20 hrs, I'm not into the long drive today.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/23 15:16:05 (permalink)
I really can't do anything due to my elbow, been trying to rest it whenever I can. I have  20 trees down to get at before next heating season. Should be 1.5 years worth I think

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/12/30 09:28:50 (permalink)
Still nursing my elbow. Weather has been blah. Rain then snow then repeat. Does not look any different for the next week. No ice around here. River is raging time to rest I guess

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/01/08 18:46:58 (permalink)
Freezing rain last night. Rain today.
I currently have wet semi frozen MUD.
Heard something about being cold again the end of the week.
At this point, I don't care unless its locks up my local perch pillage lake or the queen of lakes just to get people OFF the other Lakers lake.
Plenty of hardwater within 90 minutes right now anyway.

Just got my gardening catalogs in mail and already looking but that's a topic for another day.

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/01/08 19:34:20 (permalink)
Yes 1/8 inch here everywhere. Below 0 by the end of the week. Some snow is forecast, but mostly for the hill

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/01/10 18:33:33 (permalink)
Got about six inches of snow and alot of blowing. Temps are sharply colder. Winter is here........... 

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/01/13 09:50:41 (permalink)
5 below at 0600 or so wend now up to 5anove at 0900. Beautiful sunshine and no wind. I can hear the ice building........

Page: << < ..181182183184185.. > >> Showing page 181 of 199
Jump to: