Helpful ReplyPYMY

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 19
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMY 2018/11/07 08:34:27 (permalink)
Ain't that the truth. Location, location, location. Lol, ain't that just like fishin.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: PYMY 2018/11/07 10:28:28 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
PS.  I most forget,  CONGRATULATIONS rsquared for catching the biggest fish.

That was all Old Dog and Captain Hook's expertise in guiding me to the secret spot to catch 14" channel cats at the end of October.  
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3348
Re: PYMY 2018/11/07 10:41:35 (permalink)
 Nice birthday present Though! 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/11/07 11:36:11 (permalink)
Dang Dave, see I told you so, ya gotta be careful what you do when afield or astream. Toooo darned many field cams around and they record video!!

Capt. & Dog ain't too bad dancer's but that guy with the net..... pretty kinky.

That's pretty cool Crappie.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/07 11:38:59

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: PYMY 2018/11/23 13:01:46 (permalink)

BeenThereDoneThat.

Capt. & Dog ain't too bad dancer's but that guy with the net..... pretty kinky.

That's pretty cool Crappie.

LOL.....just seen the Steelhead shuffle dancers
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/11/24 10:52:46 (permalink)
So Capt, am I right, the guy dancing with the net? Pretty kinky?

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/10 20:15:58 (permalink)
crappiefisher
https://www.pennlive.com/...&utm_medium=social

VERY INTERESTING.......

Thanks for the headsup.

Meanwhile, couldn't help notice the north end of the lake being pretty well froze over, as I prowled the neighborhoods today.

Paid $2.29 a gal. for gas, stopping in Andover while I was north bound and down, on historic route 7.

Not sure we be playing bore-a-hole, bore-a-hole on historice Pymy ice before Christmas, but it won't be long after, if the temps stay low enough.

Oh... and those property taxes in Crawford County PA, went from like low to WHOA 😱 in a big way, for sum yinz folks.

That's gotta suck.😡

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/11 15:07:21 (permalink)
 Yeah a 7 bedroom house for a camp ain't that smart   Spillway bar sold on Friday, think it went for $211,000 to two ladies.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/11 15:43:50 (permalink)
I passed the spillway yesterday and saw the auction signs were down.  Hell of a deal if that price included a liquor license.  Never stopped to eat there, maybe have to try it out some day. 

Surprised to see the spillway froze over as solid as it looked.  Figured the moving water would be the last area to freeze up.  Oh well, lots-O-standing area at the wall.... ummm, if'n yinz was wantin' to get a good spot, for the snag fest this spring.

Fired up the pick-em up truck today, for a trip through Jamestown and out across 58, soon to be rt 5 ending at 7 then south, to historic  Kinsmen where we stopped to top off the tank at $2.06 a gallon.  Geeeeeez......, I thought I got a deal yesterday in Andover at $2.29 a gallon.  Who knew???

Pymy still froze over but I aint keepin my fingers crossed things will continue as the weather is to warm up (just a tad) with wind & rain in the forecast.  Welp, maybe won't have to wait so long for the snag fest to begin after all.

Good times and tight lines.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/12/11 15:46:20

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/11 15:54:52 (permalink)
Turn key with 7 day liquor & all food licenses included. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/11 16:17:55 (permalink)
Wow.... that was a super deal.  Best of luck to the new owners.

So Crappie, you get whacked with that new tax assessment?   I pay more taxes than most at the new value now so I'll be getting a bit of a break in the long run but man, some taxes went from like, $800.00 a year to $2500.00.  Even worse I would assume, in other cases.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/12/11 16:22:47

psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3103
Re: PYMY 2018/12/11 16:24:28 (permalink)
I was unaware Crawford County, did a re-assessment? Or did they come around and assess all the stuff that wasn't on the tax rolls? Or did they increase the predetermined ratio?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/11 16:49:21 (permalink)
PSU, I have noooooo idea of who did what when and where.  I've been checking real estate in the Pymy and Tamarack Lake areas for better then a year and there is a significant change in taxes as compared to years past.

Some really good buys on the market, especially for fellers what can cut straight and don't bend nails.

BTW.... nice buck, congratulations.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/12/11 16:52:02

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/11 17:00:06 (permalink)
 BTDT, 

Got permits for a addition & small barn put up this yr. so see what happens. The old lady does the bills I don't even look at the mail 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/11 17:33:37 (permalink)

I hear youuuuu on "don't look at the mail" so that makes two of us but there has been those times when I should o' been sum place else like watchin the snag fest instead in the kitchen when the mail got opened.   Dang, just wish FishUSA would use code words like "flowers" or "candy"  in place of 'fishing rod' or 'fishing reel' on them invoices.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/12 16:38:09 (permalink)
Swung by Orchard on our never ending hunt to locate our new Adobe and this is what we seed.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

The ice was makin while singing her song, as she cracked along....

A bit of shoreline exposed, I suppose in attempt to freeze out weeds for next year or maybe just flood control tactics.

annnnnd of course, what would a trip to Pymy be, without a selfie?

I call it, "Shoe of BTDT on Pymy Ice"

Autographed copies available upon request.... $129.99.

heyyyyy...... this house hunting is getting expensive, I gotta pay for gas somehow. Stupid Go-Fund-Me wouldn't work for my cause. 😢
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/12/12 16:42:18

Attachment(s)

roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMY 2018/12/13 14:18:52 (permalink)
BTDT:
Our place is just a short walk north from your Orchard shoreline picture. The allotment is called Sunset Knolls. There's a house for sale there for about 207 grand, but I think it is over priced. Maybe you've seen in in your travels? Is a really nice house, just over priced in my book. Should be a couple other places coming up for sale in the next couple years as most of the owners are elderly and starting to die off. It's a nice quiet allotment. The state dropped something like 125 cribs just off shore last June, but I didn't spend much time fishing them over the summer. Might fish them on the ice if I ever get used to this cold weather. 
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/19 22:42:51 (permalink)
Welp..... so much for the ice.  At least on the main lake south of the 285 causeway.

Boat load of Mallards in open water just to the north of the causeway.  Didn't see any Geese though, wassup wid dat???

Tried to git a 'neak-a-boo peek at Tuttle Camp Ground today but the 'tupid gate, was closed.  So I zoomed on over to McDonald's in Andover where I had a facilime of a burger and fries, before filling up the truck with gas still costin $2.29 a gal.

Whilst en-route home via Williamsfield Rd, stopped by Mast Mini Barns for a look see what there was.  Seem like decent prices, anybody have recommendation(s) or comment regarding their product?

Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
Re: PYMY 2018/12/20 13:44:52 (permalink)
Not familiar with that particular company for quality, but have bought numerous sheds over the years, they can make them often for less than I can buy the materials for. With that being said you need to watch the prices closely, often things I would consider 'standard' when I am building something they consider an option or upgrade.... such as treated wood in the floor and 3/4 inch plywood rather than 1/2". It adds up quick. The mini barns are often a great option and site prep will go a long way towards improving longevity.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/20 19:16:54 (permalink)
psu_fish
I was unaware Crawford County, did a re-assessment? Or did they come around and assess all the stuff that wasn't on the tax rolls? Or did they increase the predetermined ratio?

Mercer County also did re-assessments this fall for all properties for 2019 . They take pictures from the air and compare to older photos.... they see what's added new, different ,or gone. I got busted (tax raised ) for 2 sheds I put in years ago. They actually came and measured them sometime when I wasn't around to be sure. Any new building over 120 sq. feet is taxed. There go's my Trump tax break.....from the Fed to the county to the state.   
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/21 00:37:15 (permalink)
Fisherlady thank you for your input I appreciate it. A couple things I've picked up on is 4 x 4 skids VS 4 x 6 skids along with dimension and spacing of floor joist. Very true on the plywood flooring as 3/4" is used for garage style buildings. I specifically mentioned parking a 2500 pick-up in the building weighing in at 10,000 pounds and it was recommended doubling the floor to the tune of 400+ dollars.

I appreciated the dude being up front and letting me know now cause additional work/repairs after delivery could be mighty expensive. In addition, the overhead doors only measure 6.5 feet in height so there is an additinal fee for a standard garage door. Of course, there is the different exterior finishes along with roof covering making it all very interesting in buying a free standing storage facility.

Captain, I was approached early this summer by some dude saying he was with Mercer County and he was doing follow-ups on property taxes. He said he was visiting all the property's where new structures have been noted and of course my home appeared to have an addition, not listed on the initial assessment docs. There was a 12 x 16 deck added to the back of the house by the builder but apparently, after the original assessment was completed. That was in 1997 when the house was built. He had to take measurements because the deck was attached to the house.

Didn't raise my taxes but I found it interesting the dude shows up after all these years. Then I thought, I did get estimates from several contractors for a 36 x 40 pole building and my conspiracy feeble mind immediately wondered if, the one contractor may have ratted me out cause I rejected his bid.

But no, a few phone calls mainly to verify the tax dude wasn't somebody casing my place (remember the conspiracy thingy) and that's when I found out "Google" is watching.

Yep, these creeps are using Google to view property's then go for a reassessment unlike Crawford County, who said screw it and just raised the taxes for everybody. Most by 150% or more.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/12/21 00:40:05

olds-Pa
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: PYMY 2018/12/21 09:52:27 (permalink)
Here is an article in todays Titusville paper on taxes. My property taxes rose by $11.25, so I guess I got off easy..
http://www.titusvilleherald.com/news/article_d9ae90ec-041a-11e9-b2c6-a3e755dc11ba.html
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/21 10:14:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2018/12/21 10:43:19
I heard a rumor they were using drones to survey new assessed buildings or additions but that was false ....airplanes with cameras I was told. My taxes jumped 80 bucks per year ....I got to get more camo netting laid out!  Beware of the eye in the sky . 
fishfighter1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: PYMY 2018/12/25 11:43:45 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Yep, these creeps are using Google to view property's then go for a reassessment unlike Crawford County, who said screw it and just raised the taxes for everybody. Most by 150% or more.

Where are you getting your information? I own property at the northern end of the lake. Our taxes have barely changed much at all. Even the article above mentions the last time an increase occurred:

As the budget currently stands, Crawford County will see a three mill raise in the real estate tax in 2019, and a one-tenth of a mill jump in the county library tax. One mill equals $1 for every $1,000 in a property’s assessed value.
The increase is the first major climb in the county’s taxes in several years. Outside of a quarter-of-a-mill increase in 2016, the county’s taxes haven’t gone up since 2011.
Commissioner Chairman Francis Weiderspahn said that the county has been able to forestall any tax increases by using reserve money to cover increasing costs. However, that reserve is starting to run low, according to Soff.
The real estate tax is the county’s primary source of income, according to Weiderspahn.
Meanwhile, the library tax is set to receive its first raise in 32 years under the budget. The increase was requested by the Crawford County Federated Library System in May. According to Benson Memorial Library Executive Director Justin Hoenke, the current library tax amounts to roughly $9 per person per year, and the increase will tack on about $3 extra to that mount.

As you can see taxes haven't been majorly raised in 8 years. Now, if you put in for a permit to say put on a roof or add a structure . That  would trigger a reassessment and you could see a hefty increase. There was no across the board tax increase in Crawford county that raised taxes by 150%.  Even the proposed increase would only raise taxes by approx $150 a year on a property with an assessed value of $50,000. So again, there was no major real estate tax increase in Crawford county and there hasn't been in a number of years. A new one is on the way, but the exact millage has yet to be determined. But the jump won't be much considering most properties are assessed very low. Take a look at Crawford counties website and check the GIS mapping. If you look at an area north of causeway around the Tuttle area or south of causeway say around  Shaker Rd, you will be hard pressed to find a property that has an assessed value over $20,000. There are houses that last sold for close to $100k and are assessed at $18k. Most are in the 10k to 15k range. If you do the math , a modest increase dollar wise is in the future. But somebody paying $700 a year now is not going be paying $1,750 (150%) increase.
post edited by fishfighter1 - 2018/12/25 15:31:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMY 2018/12/25 20:02:29 (permalink)
Well that sounds good and even gooder if the taxes remain the same.

I've been searching for homes in the Crawford county area for nearly a year now. When I look at the taxes paid last year VS taxes this year, it is not unusual to see an average tax increase of 150%.

When, where, why or how I know not but every property my wife and I have investigated, shows a substantial tax increase.

I for one, have no problem with the new assessment figures as most are equal or less than my present taxes. However, one who may be paying $700. annually may be a tad bit upset with new assessment figures.

Perhaps this link might spread some light. I dunno......

https://www.meadvilletrib...b3a7-b7e9a67356ce.html
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/12/25 20:33:51

olds-Pa
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: PYMY 2018/12/26 08:24:43 (permalink)
Quite a few years ago when I lost my job due to plant closing, we had to get a loan to pay the bills the new job didn't pay well enough to cover. The bank told us we were paying to much in taxes for the value of the property. We had been for 3 years. We were over assessed because they thought the barn had running water and electric. (no wires ran to it) No water either. It was redone and promptly told we could not go back the 3 years and get the money we were being over charged. Don't know if that was true or not, we didn't fight it. Just happy to have lower taxes.
workcanwait....
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: PYMY 2018/12/26 09:38:25 (permalink)
Well last year I got brief letter saying Crawford county was lowering my prop tax bc they had my neighbors barn(which is only an old foundation no building standing on it) listed on my property for 12 years.They were looking thru satellite photos and realized the mistake.I called and asked if I can get refund and I think it was 5-6 years they could refund I had to write a letter stating I was over charged and wanted refund.I did receive 3 checks months later you should have fought it olds-pa.I also have heard they fly around in airplanes looking at properties.Jus saying...WCW
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 19
Jump to: