HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19

Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
2018/06/14 22:36:37 (permalink)

HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19

Be some new changes this coming season which includes the "Pheasant Stamp".  

"
License buyers also should be aware of some important changes for the 2018-19 license year.
A pheasant permit will be required in 2018-19 for all junior hunters, as well as adult hunters and some senior hunters who pursue pheasants in Pennsylvania.
There is no fee for a junior pheasant permit, but the free permit will help the Game Commission track youth participation. A pheasant permit costs $26.90 for adults and seniors. However, hunters who acquired their senior lifetime hunting or combination licenses prior to May 13, 2017 no longer need a pheasant permit to hunt and harvest pheasants.~PGC News

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

23 Replies Related Threads

Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/06/15 17:32:30 (permalink)
    I acquired my senior combo license prior to May 13 2017 but I don't pheasant hunt.   I guess I should get one just in case I see a pheasant.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/06/19 22:31:06 (permalink)
    Had a fun time getting my license today. Brought my old one in and told the guy I wanted the exact same license that I had last year. This guy start running through license to buy like, Turkey tag, flintlock archery trapping etc. I told him I've got a combo license and everything is included. He tells me I have to buy archery,flintlock,trapping license separately. After approximately 15-20 minutes. I took my info and old license to a lady two windows over,was out of there in 3 minutes. The guy comes over and ask me if everything went ok.lol No thanks to that flaming a-- hole. I called the PGC you don't get a pheasant stamp but you really have one if you bought your license two years ago. I say I'm never going to the courthouse again,but I do. They have a very incompetent staff to say the least.
    Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/06/20 09:37:10 (permalink)
    Big Tuna
    I called the PGC you don't get a pheasant stamp but you really have one if you bought your license two years ago. I say I'm never going to the courthouse again,but I do. They have a very incompetent staff to say the least.

Thanks, wasn't sure if you got a pheasant stamp or not.  How do they know when you bought the senior license?
    I always get my license from an agent.  In and out in 5 minutes.

Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/06/20 10:19:10 (permalink)
    I believe if you where stopped by the man,your date of birth would prove your grandfathered in. You had to buy your senior license for 2017. Don't know much but more than the agency at the Beaver Co. Courthouse. I got permission to hunt a red tag farm in Indiana Pa but don't feel right shooting a doe with fawns on July 1st. I had to called the SW division of the PGC and it took them a while to come up with the opening date. The farmer told me July 1st but I'm the kind of guy that needs to know what's right. I certainly don't need any fines.
    holly107
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 57
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/06/21 13:55:46 (permalink)
    I purchased my lic. just the other day everything went very smooth again at walmart. I never have a problem. some people have all the luck I guess. big tuna it sounds like you need to stay away from the court house. lol
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/06/21 20:02:35 (permalink)
    Just the particular guy that doesn't know anything about hunting licenses at the courthouse.lol 
    holly107
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 57
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/06/23 06:55:03 (permalink)
    lol
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/06/23 09:29:06 (permalink)
    Big Tuna I walked into my local Walmart store this past Thursday to renew my license only to find, the whole dam sporting department went missing. 

WTH...  Where guns and ammo once set, only paint rollers and sandpaper were to be found.  Horrified thoughts flew through my mind with visions of your story flashing by.   I must have looked like the "deer in the headlights" just standing and staring, wondering if old timers was catching up and I am now lost at Walmart when, from behind, there came a tiny voice.  "I think you'll find what you're looking for, 6 rows to the front of the store" the voice said.  What.... wait, did I just hear the voice of an angel save me from becoming the next Walmartian?   

Still somewhere between dazed and confused, I turned ever so cautiously and there stood a young lady, though blurred, in a gold vest with Walmart embroidered on the lapel.  "Six rows to the front of the store" she said, walking to the main aisle and pointing.  "We've moved the entire sporting department to the front" and with a smile, she disappeared into the sundries.

Slowly but surely, inch by inch, step by step I made my way to the front of the store looking down each row hoping my vision would clear when there they were, like beacons in the night!  You know, the rack of fishing poles that can be seen from just about anywhere in the store and right along side, a bright green 'yak all nestled in it's cradle high above the shelves.

Two more rows and there, the guns, the ammo, the fishing rods raising into the air like a great rainbow, and the service desk too.  "I'm saved" I'm thinking when another voice asked, "May I help you, Sir"?    "Say what",  I thought and still looking like I was somewhere between lost and found as the voice repeated "May I help you Sir"?  "Yes, yes" I quipped, digging through my wallet I would like to renew my hunting license but I don't have last years with me.  "No problem", came the voice, "we can use your fishing license", to which I replied, "nope don't have that with me either".  "Your hat", came the voice, "my hat" I barked "what the hell does my hat have to do with me renewing my hunting license"?  "The button on your hat, it's your fishing license, we can use it to get your hunting license" said the voice. 

Removing my hat, sure enough there it was, my fishing license button.... stupid oldtimers!!!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

PeterCO
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/07/26 04:15:52 (permalink)
    This year I also had problems with the license
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/07/26 20:34:46 (permalink)
    aaaaand the problems persist.  As I was standing in my favorite sporting goods store, a young man approached the counter only to learn fishing/hunting licenses are not available.  Turning to me, he asked if I might know of anywhere in the area he may purchase a license.  Being the type of guy I am, I immediately went for my phone to search and retrieve phone numbers to which the man may call, regarding his license, oooonly to learn the internet reception in Walmart "SUCKS".   According to him, he had been looking everywhere and was getting the same message "license not available".    During our conversation the dept manager showed up, who I might add is a heck of a nice guy and will do his best to assist in any way he can, and explains there is a problem with the size of the "paper" required for the license printers.  At least this was the problem they were experiencing now at Walmart aaaaaaand there is no time given, when the correct size paper will be available.  Seems many license outlets, in the area, is having this latest problem.  Add this dilemma to home owners who can no longer print a fishing license on their home 'puter, sports stores who didn't (or couldn't afford) to buy the new printers, and now paper that doesn't fit the new printers WTH???

anzomcik
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/07/27 20:58:39 (permalink)
    I bought my hunting license online and it was mailed to me. It was a couple dollars more but I didn’t have to deal with a headache that I keep hearing about.

Also I printed my fishing license, when did they change it to where you can’t?
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/07/27 22:35:47 (permalink)
    Anz it isn't that you can't print from your home printer it's that programming changes made to the system may cause problems for some home computers/printers. But that would only be for fishing licenses because hunting license, as you say, are mailed to you.   Not sure if it deals with Google/FireFox/etc or Windows 8/10 operating systems.  The notification was on the PGC web sight.  

The programming changes also caused licensing agents to purchase a new printer in order to continue selling either a hunting or fishing license.  As explained to me, another way of putting the "mom & pop" shops in the ground.    

The latest glitch, deals with the wrong size of paper rolls needed for the new printers and the supply of the paper.  As said by the Walmart associate, they do not know when they will be receiving the new rolls of paper.

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/08/05 14:15:48 (permalink)
    I'm thinking, before I receive another nasty gram from my fan club, I might be better to post field cam stories where they probably belong and maybe better enjoyed.

Anyways, the mystery of the 'what is it' continues as today I took a little walk into, the dense forest of the Pennsylvania Wilds (A/K/A my back yard).    Other than the photo, I found no sign such as rooting for food or piggy poop and believe you me, with my luck, I'd have no problem finding piggy #2 on my shoe.

For yinz that may have missed the 'what is it photo' please feel free, taking a look see and posting your thoughts.  Feral hogs are to be reported to the PGC and any piggy seen running wild is considered "feral".  Hunting feral hogs is not legal in some PA. counties but I'll be dam'ed if I can find a list of the counties where yinz "can" choot-em!   Soooo, I shall forward a copy of my now famous field cam photo, to the PGC, as a token of covering my asz in case the animal is porky or a huge possum, or maybe even a baby rhino or sumpthin.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Meanwhile, having moved my cams to another location in hopes of capturing a quality photo, or two of the PA elusive feral hog which didn't happen but I did get, another very interesting picture.

Perhaps some yinz can remember me mentioning seeing a three legged doe and thinking I should concentrate on taking her out, (as in killing, ya sickos) two years ago?  Well I did..... see a three legged doe while hunting and even though it's against my better judgement to shoot doe 'cause they're just so damed cute, I decided I would "harvest" the deer which didn't happen because I never saw it again, during hunting season.

Sooooooo guess what?

IS THAT GOODER OR WHAT????

Attachment(s)

Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/08/09 19:11:10 (permalink)
    I hunted near a fenced in place that had fallow,red stag,sika and some wild goats. It was a small safari attraction park like thing. Their high fence got knocked down and the animals escaped. I talk to a warden and he said Pa. had no seasons on th exotics so you could shoot them. A friend took his son doe hunting and told him to shoot a big one if he had a chance. Well about 7or 8 ran up to him a he shot about a 300 lb female red stag.lol
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/08/22 06:55:29 (permalink)

I'm thinking the (might be) little piggy in the picture went to market.  Haven't seen any further sign that would indicate Porky exist.

In other news, will Pennsylvania be next???

Tennessee allows first-ever 'velvet buck' hunt

By Alexandra Deabler | Fox News  

http://www.foxnews.com/gr...-velvet-buck-hunt.html

Tennessee hunters will be able to participate in the state’s first-ever “velvet buck hunt,” from August 24-26 after the Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission voted to approve the measure at its May meeting.The three-day season will be open only for archery hunters and only on private lands for antlered bucks   

Then there is this which makes me wonder, if Gary Alt shouldn't be quarantined.  Seems like everywhere he goes he infects the white tailed deer population with CWD??? 

MICHIGAN SETS NEW DEER-HUNTING RULES TO KEEP CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE FROM SPREADING

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/08/22 07:13:33

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/08/22 22:25:13 (permalink)
    Picture taken in MT Washington today.

Attachment(s)

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/08/23 01:09:30 (permalink)
    btdt, No spotburning.  lol Very nice pict.,but kind of sad that those deer can't live in the wild.  sam
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/08/23 08:43:51 (permalink)
    Awwww geeez Sam I didn't mean to spot burn, I thought my secrete would be safe on this board.   I hear you about the deer not being able to live in the wild, especially when my back yard is in the Pennsylvania Wilds and that's where these deer should be.    Welllll, not exactly the official "Pennsylvania Wilds" but ya know what I'm sayin. I mean, crossing streets in the 'Burgh' is dangerous and these animals could get run over or sumpthin'. 

One thing for certain, the picture does show how elusive the elusive Pennsylvania White Tailed Deer, can be.  Adaptive too!!
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/08/23 08:47:04

Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/08/27 11:03:20 (permalink)
    Any bear there?   I had a bare in my yard.
    post edited by Panfisher - 2018/09/24 10:29:17

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/09/22 18:20:28 (permalink)

BETCHA YINZ CAN'T SEE ME

My new instant Adobe in the woods and the gooder part, I can leave lt set up in my garage..... all season long.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/09/22 18:24:00

Attachment(s)

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/09/29 04:51:01 (permalink)
    Wishing all yinz all a safe and successful hunt this season.

Be sure of your target, shoot straight and shoot to kill. "I hit one" Don't count, except for bad memories.

Good times.

Umm, sun ain't high in the sky and I ain't sleepin??? 😱 WTH???
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/09/29 04:54:25

Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/09/29 05:08:41 (permalink)
    Good luck boys and girls,no hunting for me yet. Work,Work Work.  3 more weeks and I'm off till April. 
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HUNTING PENNSYLVANIA 2018-19 2018/09/30 21:24:23 (permalink)
    DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

BETTER DONE ON THE CORNER OF A CORNFIELD.

Home Away From Home........

I'm so happy!!!
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/09/30 21:35:46

Attachment(s)

Jump to: