Moving to Greensburg. Help

Author
Pajay2
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points: 0
2017/11/01 21:11:31 (permalink)

Moving to Greensburg. Help

Hey guys. I’m moving to Greensburg in February. Don’t want nobody’s spots or secrets, just a little help,directing me. I’m from Connellsville and fish the Yough,Mon out of Brownsville, Greenlick, Bridgeport and Mamoth. I know a little about Twin Lakes. My questions would be about Loyalhanna Lake, Keystone Park and the Allegheny River. Presently have a boat but that may change with the move. How is the shore fishing in these places? I fish for anything and don’t keep nothing. Would like to stay within 30 to 45 minutes away. Thanks for any help.

5 Replies Related Threads

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    Re: Moving to Greensburg. Help 2017/11/03 03:17:17 (permalink)
    patroller,Loyalhanna lake has limited shore fishing,but unlimited horsepower motors,Keystone state park is electric motor . Twin lakes & Keystone has good shore fishing & you can walk away from most pressure although there is little pressure this time of year. Keystone state park also has some Musky.  sam
    Invicta
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 484
    Re: Moving to Greensburg. Help 2017/11/12 14:17:19 (permalink)
    Keystone and Twin Lakes are easy lakes to catch bass and trout from shore. Panfish populations are decent, mostly smaller fish though. You'll need a boat if you want to fish Loyalhanna Lake. The Kiski/Conemaugh rivers provide good fishing and are closer to Greensburg than the Allegheny.
    Pajay2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 46
    Re: Moving to Greensburg. Help 2017/11/12 19:07:02 (permalink)
    Thanks guys!!
    Metal Bob
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 51
    Re: Moving to Greensburg. Help 2017/11/21 21:39:50 (permalink)
    Loyalhanna Lake is good for catfishing, especially at night. Keystone is good for trout and bass, you can walk around almost the entire lake. Twin Lakes i try to avoid because it's over fished, but thats just my opinion. Greenlick has some big fish in it, but its very hard fishing and not many people have luck there. I haven't fished Mammoth in a long time, but there are some big bass in there and it has a lot of fishable shoreline, but that lake is overfished as well. Im not saying you won't have success at twin lakes or mammoth, theres a ton of fish that get caught there, i just go other places. Acme Dam and Bridgeport are good for bass.
    Accountant
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 528
    Re: Moving to Greensburg. Help 2017/11/22 15:17:11 (permalink)
    Personally I prefer twin lakes to Keystone.  I've had limited success myself on the kiski and conemaugh but there is good access to both of them

keep in mind, too, that west newton is about a half hour from downtown greensburg

Jump to: