Lost / Found Item at Crooked Creek mouth Saturday 10/7

Author
gonefishin
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 328
  • Reward points: 0
2017/10/09 12:22:49 (permalink)

Lost / Found Item at Crooked Creek mouth Saturday 10/7

Hoping 1 of the 2 guys talking to my dad for a while at the back of the jetty at Crooked Creek tune into this forum.  You left an item on the jetty next to my bucket.  We were talking for a bit on geology (1982 graduate), petroleum engineering (1983 graduate), musk ox in Alaska, soon to be graduation at Pitt, industrial engineering, etc.  Think you were from the Edinboro area.  We were from Beaver County.  I have your item safe and sound.  Send me a PM with description and we'll try to find a way to convene again.   Anyone knowing someone from the Edinboro area that graduated in geology in 1982 and has a son that serves in Afghanistan, another at Pitt soon to graduate, and per some of the above, please try to contact this person and direct him to my post so I can return his forgotten item from the nice day Saturday.   Thank you.       

4 Replies Related Threads

rmcmillen09
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 827
    Re: Lost / Found Item at Crooked Creek mouth Saturday 10/7 2017/10/13 16:54:43 (permalink)
    (Today) I checked the lost and found in the Times News and there wasn't anything there. In 09 I found a pretty expensive fly rod & reel that was laying in the parking lot down at the Legion Park. Called all the local bait shops and left my phone# if anybody was in that lost a rod. Put it in the Erie times lost and found. Three weeks later a fella called me that had lost a rod and reel and described it. Told him it was his and we met a couple weeks later back at the stream at an arranged time and location. Here it fell off  his truck cap when they left the stream after dark that evening. They were from Pittsburgh.  
    gonefishin
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 328
    Re: Lost / Found Item at Crooked Creek mouth Saturday 10/7 2017/10/17 13:24:22 (permalink)
    Several years ago someone leaned a nice rod/reel combo against a pole at the parking area of Godfrey and slipped off and went out of sight.   He was up from North Carolina.   My dad and I retrieved it and via Fisherie we connect with him and got it back in his hands.   Hoping for same outcome here.  The item left at Crooked Creek was an article of clothing.   Just responding to hold some visibility to this near the top of the page.  In Denver at the moment but hoping to have feet in Lake Erie again this weekend. 
    johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    Re: Lost / Found Item at Crooked Creek mouth Saturday 10/7 2017/10/17 15:40:01 (permalink)
    In early May 2016, I was on Lake Erie for some smallie action, drift fishing was slow, so was running and gunning looking for a hot spot. Sure enough, my license was attached to my hat, and blew off at some point without me noticing. Several weeks later, I received an envelope in the mail, sure enough, opened it, and there was my license, with a note from someone saying that they found it on the Erie beach in Irvona, NY. 

Fast forward to this past weekend, and I found someone's license while fishing an east trib. Figuring it was a "what goes around comes around" type of situation, I picked it up, and it is being sent back to it's owner as we speak.

Needless to say, great to see there are still good hearted folks out there. 

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: Lost / Found Item at Crooked Creek mouth Saturday 10/7 2017/10/17 15:54:51 (permalink)
    Lol I always lose my license ( needle pins bend and drop out ) and some how it always comes back to me in the mail. It has probably happend 4 times in the last couple years. Still some good people around i guess.

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    Jump to: