Can we triple the fishing license fees?

Author
chartist
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 925
  • Reward points: 0
2017/07/21 19:54:51 (permalink)

Can we triple the fishing license fees?

Obviously the PA tribs need work.  The locals are wearing the place out.  let's really amp up the cost of fishing....I say $300 locals and $400 out of towners per year.

20 Replies Related Threads

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/21 20:00:51 (permalink)
    Lol im no local but i probably fish it just as much if not more than they do. Id like to file under a local for the 100$ less thanks

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/21 21:32:02 (permalink)
    What percentage do yinz think would be going toward yinz criks and what percent do yinz think will go to the Susquehanna? Also where will yinz criks be placed on the PBFC bucket list as compared to all the lakes they been drainin?

UMMMM, that of course will be after the retirement thingy once again becomes solvent.

I'll see your $400.00 and raise yinz another C-note. That yinz criks won't git much attention.

Shame as it will be.
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/07/21 21:33:30

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Lucky13
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1949
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/25 14:26:03 (permalink)
    I'm all for charging snooty out off staters $400.00 to fish the Salmon River in New York, and adding a 200.00 Lake Ontario Stamp!
    ZelieSam
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 727
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/25 15:01:44 (permalink)
    How's that working out for the pheasant stamps?  
    EMitch
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1033
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/25 17:35:54 (permalink)
    Go ahead and raise 'em; I've already got my "fish 'til I die" licenses.
    It's sad what we pay here as residents. $50 gets you a non-resident fishing license in N.Y., and you can fish for any species, plus it runs a full year from whenever you buy it. Here, you license up in September, come January 1, you need a new license.
    I wouldn't think much of a major license fee increase just so they can put those 7" trout in the creeks and lakes. And you know, PFBC only care about trout, (and retirement).
    69% of all license money goes for Administrative costs.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/25 21:51:36 (permalink)
    Emitch careful what you wish for.

We golden agers in PA. just got screwed by the PGC. Something about a Pheasant Stamp and let's not forget those turning 65 in or after 2015 must purchase trout and Erie stamps.

Stupid stamps!!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

EMitch
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1033
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/25 22:12:32 (permalink)
    Hard to believe, but I just took the old hunting license off my small game coat, and it's 1995. Didn't realize it's been 22 years since my last beagle died and I gave it up. Don't have to worry about those stamps anymore. The loss of habitat, as the farmers who were goin' broke sold out to the realtors, plus the city people buyin' up all the property to escape the high taxes of the city and posting it, told me it was time to give it up. Some of my best bunny patches have 10 new homes on them.

Now, when I bought my senior fishing license, I was already 66. As the agent explained it to me, had I bought the senior license in the year I turned 65, I would have gotten all three for Lifetime. But my birthday is in November, and I waited 'til January to get my licenses, so in the meantime they did away with the lifetime trout and Erie stamps. So I've got a lifetime senior license, a 5 year trout stamp, and I guess I have to buy the Erie stamp each year.

PS: BTDT, when's the last time you actually saw a wild pheasant? I ain't talkin' about those tame chickens that the PGC stocks. I mean a long tailed colorful bird that cackles as it launches up outta the brush? Unless you have a secret spot, I'd bet it's been a while.
    post edited by EMitch - 2017/07/25 22:20:25

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/25 22:44:53 (permalink)
    I ain't complaining about the Pheasant Stamp. I gave up hunting ditch chickens years ago. I get more enjoyment shooting clays in my back yard and when soaked in salt water for a few days, they taste just as good.

I feel your pain, on the loss of hunting grounds. Rabbit hunting ain't the same and squirrels, as is the deer, are too dammed cute to shoot.

Remember the Chinese Chicken experiment tried in Mercer County or the fiasco when the birds from the mid west were stocked? Anybody seen any of the Chinese birds or know if the mid west birds made it through the harsh winter that hit the same year they were stocked?

Hey, you don't suppose the carp is really a Chinese Trout, do ya?
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/07/25 22:47:23

CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/26 10:22:53 (permalink)
    Just like the man said..... ain't no where to hardly hunt...posted yellow signs on thousands of Pa. trees ! Hunting gun values will drop fast or have .
    Most lakes are all open to fishing and welcome all !
    johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/26 11:34:03 (permalink)
    Good gosh almighty.. "Up to route 5" jokes, "blue powerbait" jokes, and now Shartist making a complete idiot of himself with his usual elitist schmuck commentary. It's only late July, but steelhead season is already in the air. 

Now if somebody could just discuss green egg sacks, the latest whereabouts of stillhed jesus, and the color of rope stringer that will be fashionable this year, we could really get this party rocking. 

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/26 13:22:53 (permalink)
    Them "green egg sacks" don't work. I couldn't get the Crappie to hit em worth a darn.

Stupid "green egg sacks"!!

PS.. I hear the rope of choice this year is polypropylene and comes in yellow mossy rock camo.

But dats yust der rumor.... yah?

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/27 00:23:16 (permalink)
    Lol its already gettin greasy in july 😜

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/27 06:40:41 (permalink)
    Yahhh der yelloe mossy rock do get greecy!

H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 340
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/27 08:43:25 (permalink)
    2017 - The year of Blue stringers. Told you here first!

Lucky13
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1949
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/27 10:59:48 (permalink)
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    I ain't complaining about the Pheasant Stamp. I gave up hunting ditch chickens years ago. I get more enjoyment shooting clays in my back yard and when soaked in salt water for a few days, they taste just as good.

I feel your pain, on the loss of hunting grounds. Rabbit hunting ain't the same and squirrels, as is the deer, are too dammed cute to shoot.

Remember the Chinese Chicken experiment tried in Mercer County or the fiasco when the birds from the mid west were stocked? Anybody seen any of the Chinese birds or know if the mid west birds made it through the harsh winter that hit the same year they were stocked?

Hey, you don't suppose the carp is really a Chinese Trout, do ya?

They are all Chinese chickens, Pheasants are not native to the western hemisphere.  You don't see survival of the birds from year to year much anymore because the farmers mow the hayfields three times per season instead of two, and the hens can't get the chicks out of the timothy fast enough, so not too many broods make it, and the adults require corn for feed, cattail for winter shelter, and a couple of other factors all close by, and not too many places fill the bill anymore.  This was big subject of research by NYSDEC biologist Bruce Penrod a few years back when the populations up here started disappearing.

BTDT, you must have never seen urban squirrels, they are just bushy tailed rats!
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/27 18:11:25 (permalink)
    About that time of the year to empty all the frozen stillhed out of my freezer to throw away and make room for this years

johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/07/31 11:41:20 (permalink)
    GF and I stopped by Freeport Diner to grab a couple of perch dinners on our way back from Chautauqua yesterday. We decided to ride/ walk around and scout a couple of the eastside streams for the upcoming season, should check out the monster run on 16 mile right now..

Attached Image(s)

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/08/01 16:50:32 (permalink)
    fishfashfush
    About that time of the year to empty all the frozen stillhed out of my freezer to throw away and make room for this years

Same here ,lots of deer meat to toss out too !
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/08/01 19:45:58 (permalink)
    I'll hunt something till the day I get planted. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't look at that empty kennel and miss Bella. Even though  the hay days of small game gone,if you want too you still can have fun. No there won't be piles of dead bunnies,but I don't need piles. I hunted January and February and  killed one or two every time out. Still not bad 19 rabbits. I still shoot  10 or 12  tree rats every year. I love a good dove hunt also,deer and turkey are the big ticket now. I can't wait to get another pup or young started beagle. Nothing like a sunny January bunny hunt with an inch or two of snow after a really cold spell. Tally  Ho.
    post edited by Big Tuna - 2017/08/01 19:47:10
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    Re: Can we triple the fishing license fees? 2017/08/01 21:57:40 (permalink)
    Got to love those big old brier patches Big T. I doubt there are many around nowadays. You know the ones that unlaced your boots when you walked through......lol
    Jump to: