Deep Creek fishing

Author
henhouse
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 155
  • Reward points: 0
2017/05/23 11:14:01 (permalink)

Deep Creek fishing

I know a lot of Pa. guys fish Deep Creek in Md. Has been great for many years. Just got back from renting a cottage and fishing for Bluegills, Perch, and Walleyes. All else go back in the water. It was the worst fishing I've seen . And that is from 20 years or more at that lake. Almost void of any weeds or cover in most areas. When we did locate some fish; very few bites of any kind. Was told by some local guys on two occasions, that the state had did some type of weed control to satisfy the boaters and the dock owners. Well; they may be happy , but the fishing folks are not.  No cover; no fish. Also was told by a guy with a degree in Fishery Bio. that lack of underwater vegetation, has a serious effect on the oxy level. Any input or comments about this are welcome. Trying to decide if it's worth another trip next week. Already have the cottage reserved. Don't want to come to the lake for just a boat ride.

5 Replies Related Threads

johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    Re: Deep Creek fishing 2017/05/23 14:44:39 (permalink)
    I fished there the first time ever for a bass tournament this past weekend last year, and did okay, got 6th out of 22, and was .12 pounds out of the money (check out the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTfG0vCZSo). Not sure of the water temp/ conditions when you were there, but when I went, fishing was tough, started out prefishing on Friday with bluebird sunny skies, only for a huge rain storm and cold front to come through, needed to switch from jerkbaits, 5 inch senkos, flipping jigs, and squarebills to grubs, Ned Rigs, small Senkos, and the like. Caught mostly smallmouth, along with a few largemouth, walleye, and toothies. I remember having a lot of success south of the 219/ Glendale Road bridge, there are a few coves there (I think one is called Glen Cove) along with a few rocky points. Also, be sure to fish the docks, especially the ones on the mainlake and in the coves near the main lake. 

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3103
    Re: Deep Creek fishing 2017/05/23 14:55:37 (permalink)
    Always thought that place was vastly overrated for fishing and also tourism
    GilliganJR
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: Deep Creek fishing 2017/05/23 15:45:20 (permalink)
    the illegal introduction pickerel prob f'd it up pretty good as well
    solitario lupo
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: Deep Creek fishing 2017/05/23 18:07:59 (permalink)
    Fished it a couple times and the rich snobs can have that lake.
    XtopwaterkingX
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    Re: Deep Creek fishing 2017/05/23 22:50:12 (permalink)
    I only go when I can walk on it
    Jump to: