A big shout out to Mitch in Erie!

Author
Riffleganger
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2017/02/24 12:15:41 (permalink)

A big shout out to Mitch in Erie!

I just wanted to put it out there that there is a great guy in Erie who found 2 of my steelhead rod/reels on Conneaut Creek in Ohio last Sat evening 2/18/17. I brought a friend from Southern Ohio up to steelhead fish for a day in absolute magnificent conditions and at the end of a long day I set my rods against a cable while we undressed and packed up. Needless to say, in my tiredness, I ended up leaving my rods there and didn't discover that fact until the next day when we we arrived at a new location to fish. To my personal horror, I had no rods... I drove back to Conneaut on a prayer and to my amazement, found a note and a phone number where I left them, to call. I did. Mitch answered, we met up near Elk Creek and he graciously returned my rods. I offered him a serious reward for his good deed and he flat out refused. If anyone knows Mitch (dark Green/gray Chevy Suburban), Give him a big shout out. He restored a great deal of confidence in humanity for me. A good fisherman helping a fellow fisherman. It was serious gear he returned to me, and I am eternally grateful!

Good Fishing, Mitch!
Mark

3 Replies Related Threads

Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    Re: A big shout out to Mitch in Erie! 2017/02/24 15:22:22 (permalink)
    Still a few great people out there,like myself ( not bragging just honest) I wouldn't steal from anybody. In your case not stealing but just a genuine example of a hella of a guy. My hats off to you Mitch.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: A big shout out to Mitch in Erie! 2017/02/24 21:18:31 (permalink)
    Kudos to Mitch and may his good deed be returned ten fold.

Thanks for sharing your story Riffleganger and tight lines to you.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    Re: A big shout out to Mitch in Erie! 2017/02/24 22:49:18 (permalink)
    Guud jerb duUD

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    Jump to: