Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but...

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
workcanwait....
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 729
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/21 23:50:40 (permalink)
Its a circus out there...do what you can pick up trash and be respectful more pressure than ever on good fishing areas.WCW
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4891
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/22 07:30:03 (permalink)
Thank you for the Little J info.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Panfisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/22 19:49:26 (permalink)
DarDys
I

With steep, unclimbable banks and the posted railroad tracks on the other side, this effectively takes out about 2 miles of stream, much of it unowned by the posters (not that it matters due to the court ruling) and, like the secluded areas mentioned in relation to Erie, not within site of a residence or the road for that matter.

Did the railroad post the tracks because of liability issues?

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/22 20:02:06 (permalink)
Panfisher
DarDys
I

With steep, unclimbable banks and the posted railroad tracks on the other side, this effectively takes out about 2 miles of stream, much of it unowned by the posters (not that it matters due to the court ruling) and, like the secluded areas mentioned in relation to Erie, not within site of a residence or the road for that matter.

All da slimer drag marks derail trainz

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
highstickenfool
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/22 20:12:55 (permalink)
Panfisher
DarDys
I

It's illegal to walk along any railroad tracks and yes it's for liability and safety issues.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 08:14:12 (permalink)
See above.

Back when the Little J first recovered, in the 70's, one could not only walk the tracks (which was much quicker than hiking the other side) in the Baree/Rothrock area, one could drive along the tracks on the right-of-way road and park in one of several pull off areas. The railroad police even watched out for those they knew' vehicles because they knew we would watch out for any suspicious activity ( due to the copperhead and rattler population in that area, most anglers were armed).

highstickenfool
New Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 08:23:34 (permalink)
DarDys
See above.

Back when the Little J first recovered, in the 70's, one could not only walk the tracks (which was much quicker than hiking the other side) in the Baree/Rothrock area, one could drive along the tracks on the right-of-way road and park in one of several pull off areas. The railroad police even watched out for those they knew' vehicles because they knew we would watch out for any suspicious activity ( due to the copperhead and rattler population in that area, most anglers were armed).

I used to park at "the gorge" parking lot and walk the tracks up river and through the tunnel, then pop down over the hill to access Espy's section. I had many sketchy moments trying to get through that tunnel before the next train would come through..lol That was before the club took over and started threatening everyone with trespassing charges. 
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 08:30:28 (permalink)
Walking out along the tracks in the dark was kind of hairy, especially during the Sulphurs because the rattlers would curl up on the rock balast to keep warm. Lights were typically restricted to a small flex light used to tie in flies, so there were occasions when they almost got stepped on.

highstickenfool
New Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 09:09:26 (permalink)
DarDys, 
These guys?? I only ever saw one in that area and one Copperhead but I know there are lots of both. I caught this fella not far from you. 

Attached Image(s)

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 09:30:07 (permalink)
Yep, those guys.

Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 10:02:22 (permalink)
highstickenfool
DarDys
See above.

I used to park at "the gorge" parking lot and walk the tracks up river and through the tunnel, then pop down over the hill to access Espy's section. I had many sketchy moments trying to get through that tunnel before the next train would come through..lol That was before the club took over and started threatening everyone with trespassing charges. 

Same thing I would do. Before they put the extra track in, we would drive back to the 2nd tressel and park there..
Panfisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 10:38:07 (permalink)
DarDys
Yep, those guys.

Did you see many of those guys?  I saw a lot of snakes above Barree but never saw any copperheads or rattlers.  Haven't fished up there in 10 years or so.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 12:13:54 (permalink)
Back then it was a rare trip when you didn't see one, the other, or both.

I haven't fished that section since the railroad put up fencing where you drop down from the trail.

Have only seen one copperhead in the other sections and that was right along the wall to Alan's basement.

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 12:13:54 (permalink)

I haven't fished that section since the railroad put up fencing where you drop down from the trail.

Have only seen one copperhead in the other sections and that was right along the wall to Alan's basement.

highstickenfool
New Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 12:20:30 (permalink)
DarDys

hahaahahha....Did you tell Alan??? 
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 12:28:24 (permalink)
Ah, no. He tends to get out the shotgun when that happens and there were rising fish to be caught.

highstickenfool
New Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/23 12:29:28 (permalink)
DarDys
Ah, no. He tends to get out the shotgun when that happens and there were rising fish to be caught.

hahahahhaha....Too funny! 
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/24 20:07:07 (permalink)
Fished the ditches today. Mt mans snag rig really upped my % Roped all the jacks 15" will do

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/24 22:44:59 (permalink)
fishfashfush
Fished the ditches today. Mt mans snag rig really upped my % Roped all the jacks 15" will do

Smolts are da new smelts.

Melt in yo mouth

Da new fatso snack

Bring on the stiLhed aPockoLipz

/ere

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
nerka
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/24 22:51:33 (permalink)
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh man  wooooooooooooooohooooooooooo
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/25 02:33:48 (permalink)
Mountian Man
fishfashfush

Smolts are da new smelts.

Melt in yo mouth

Da new fatso snack

Bring on the stiLhed aPockoLipz

/ere

They are a delicacy.
Pro tip : find posted property start a campfire on it..cook them kabob style on a stick with leftover marshmallows that you use for bait. While standing nude drying your clothes ciz your leaky neopreeeens'

Go right back out n get more to eat for the end of the world smoked fish stash and or deep freezer cache

Pro tip: after they get freezer burn throw them under your wifes vehicle seat

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
johnthefisherman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/26 11:31:35 (permalink)
I live about an hour from the Little J, and I've fished that section by the yellow house with some great results (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX7qegE-NMs). Some absolutely gorgeous pools and riffles around there. It's a shame that somebody had to do that to the landowners signs, I've spoken with her a few times, she is very sweet and nice and would probably offer the shirt off her back if asked. 

Unfortunately, it seems to be yet another case of a few bad apples giving the rest a bad name. 

Pro Staff:
Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

Shipmatey
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/03/05 10:30:41 (permalink)
I'll be up there for a few days next week. I was definitely planning to fish that spot. I love that section. This is crap.
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/03/07 15:08:32 (permalink)
Shipmatey
I'll be up there for a few days next week. I was definitely planning to fish that spot. I love that section. This is crap.

Looks like Fishing the J this week will be out of the question. Running 3.52 now with more rain coming.
jagfly/666
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/04/01 23:14:12 (permalink)
Nothing is of limits on the LJ all you need is boat.
http://www.railroad.net/f...e4e8c67555b4eb8cad6ea4
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: