Minn Kota Power Drive V2 Transducer mount

Author
FF JT
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2014/07/26 16:20:46 (permalink)

Minn Kota Power Drive V2 Transducer mount

What's up, I'm new to the site so I thought I would share something that might help someone else with the same problem I had.
I have a 2006 Ranger 180VS and I wanted a depth finder on the front with me, rather then running back to the dash every few minutes.
I figured out how to "nicely" mount and install a trolling motor mounted depth finder transducer on my Minn Kota Power Drive V2.  I searched the web and asked everyone, they said it couldn't be done or it could be done but look like crap.  Well, after staring at it for days, countless re-do's, I think I found a great solution and it works.

Not rocket science, but it takes some thought to have it look neat.  I used a standard Lowrance mounting kit, drilled a small hole in the motor fin to secure one wire tie directly above the motor housing, ran the cable up the outside of the shaft loosely, then ran the cable under the motor base and between the bow mounting bracket.  There is a small open channel there that allows the cord to pass freely.  I Got power from the bow buss bar (installed an in line 5 amp fuse) and mounted the depth finder to the bow cover plate.  You have to unbolt the motor from the mounting plate to do this.  The entire job took about an hour +.  I tested it yesterday and it works great.  Maybe someone can figure out a way to automatically retrieve the cord, but for now I just pull it up when raising the motor.  I don't care, I have a depth finder with me on the bow now and it really won't get twisted or look like crap.  I've attached a few photos if anyone is looking for this solution.  I hope it helps someone.  That's my contribution as a new member.  Good luck and happy fishing!
Sorry, the site will not allow me to add the photos??  Any suggestions on that??
Firefighter Joe, Pgh, PA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: