HELP WITH SUZUKI OUTBOARD MOTOR

Author
pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
  • Reward points: 0
2014/06/27 06:08:17 (permalink)

HELP WITH SUZUKI OUTBOARD MOTOR

Running a 75 horse Suzuki outboard.  It's the type that has an oil resevoir and 2 stroke oil has to be added to this resevoir to be mixed with the gas.  While running the motor yesterday, it just didn't sound right, a bit "hollow", a bit "rattely" and it would cut out briefly at higher speeds, but would rev back up almost immediately.  Went on all day like this until I really opened it up on the way back in, and after a brief run, the motor died right out.  There was no smoke, no over-heating, and it started right back up again, so I crawled back to port.  I removed the cap to the oil resevoir and what should have been a resevoir that needed at least a half of quart of oil, was still filled to the top.  Also removed the motor cover and the motor itself was still as clean as it always is.  Any thoughts?

3 Replies Related Threads

anzomcik
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re: HELP WITH SUZUKI OUTBOARD MOTOR 2014/06/27 09:44:16 (permalink)
    Pull the plugs, take a good flashlight and pointing in the plug hole and try (you may not be able to) but try to see the cylinder walls, if they are all scratched up...you got bad news.

Also do a compression test, that can tell you if you have bad news.

With just what you wrote it could be a number of different things, what it almost sounds like you are saying the oil injector quite working and your motor is about junk. I dont want to say that with out knowing more about it. Where are you located PM me if you like, i can try to help
    pikepredator2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 953
    Re: HELP WITH SUZUKI OUTBOARD MOTOR 2014/06/27 20:57:50 (permalink)
    pm sent
    Eman89so
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1806
    Re: HELP WITH SUZUKI OUTBOARD MOTOR 2014/06/28 16:02:04 (permalink)
    Hope you get it worked out Pike let me know what the problem is / was im curious myself
    Jump to: