No Gobbling

Author
Panfisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 799
  • Reward points: 0
2014/05/17 20:06:24 (permalink)

No Gobbling

Haven't heard one gobbler the first two weeks of the season.  I have seen hens feeding in the fields, so there must be gobblers around.  But they are not talking.  Does any one think they will start gobbling soon or maybe they isn't any gobblers around?  I am hunting in Somerset County.   Only heard of a couple harvested in my area. I will keep trying though.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.

3 Replies Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    Re: No Gobbling 2014/05/17 20:34:39 (permalink)
    I was hunting in Mercer County this morning and the bird I was set up on was gobbling like crazy. I got him into 30 yards but I was filming and hunting with a crossbow. I was set up on a field edge and two longbeards came in behind the blind and gobbled like crazy for 10 minutes before turning and heading back to where they came. I had no shot behind the blind. The last gobble I heard from them was about 11:00. They would have been toast with a shotgun. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    Re: No Gobbling 2014/05/18 08:57:20 (permalink)
    Mabee take that "archery equipment" off of the tripod and actually hold it in your hands.....  

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    Re: No Gobbling 2014/05/18 11:59:25 (permalink)
    My buddy and grandson were working in Washington County all last week and said they see birds in the fields everywhere out there.   My buddy said he saw 3 gobblers on Friday.  I wish I was closer to go after them.  Back here the birds are more scarce.  Maybe the winter did take a toll on them.  We had heavy snow with a hard crust in the middle of all that snow.  I will keep trying though.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    Jump to: