Just one of those days and Bass Guys

Author
ZelieSam
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 727
  • Reward points: 0
2014/05/12 11:27:32 (permalink)

Just one of those days and Bass Guys

Two topics in one post... BOGO!  Yesterday while we were cleaning up the boat after fishing when a guy and his wife pull up to the launch with an 18' aluminum deep V style boat.  They back it into the water, then a few minutes pass and they back it in a bit more.  Then a few more minutes and they pull out and drive away.  As they drive past the boat is pouring a hundred gallons of lakewater from the bottom of the boat where the plug should be.  Someone forgot the plug?  Bad enough to not put it in (who hasn't done that at least once) but to not bring it at all?  That was odd.  

Second, BASS GUYS.  Ugh.  We're anchored up in a small cove fishing with bobbers and such.  Here comes mister bass.  You know the guy... fishing solo on the front of a boat using a trolling motor and hucking a pound of spinnerbait over and over again at the shore.  He came about 2 boat lengths from us then went around and started up the same distance on the other side.  While he was going around us I had some r-tard 14" largemouth eat one of my minnows.  Probably just to spite Mr Bass.  Now I'm all about do your own thing, and there's plenty of lake for everyone.  But aren't bass guys NOT supposed to be casting to the nesting LMBs right now?  I'm pretty sure that's in the regs as a don't do.  And if you have the chops to one man your boat around while whipping casts from a bass rod you clearly know that the bass are nesting right now.  Hell I know that and I'd be happy if every last LMB got eaten by raccoons.  In my years I've met a few bass guys that were good friendly polite guys, but I've met many more that considered anyone else on the lake an **** in their way.  Fish on, Mr Bass Guy.  Hope you get the big one soon.  

1 Reply Related Threads

TheBlueLagoon
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 802
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Just one of those days and Bass Guys 2014/05/12 12:07:06 (permalink)
    lol, nice rant. I have to say I forgot to put the plug in a few times it happens to the best of us from time to time, but I have never forgot it at home. The bass guys don't bother me often, but in your situation when your anchored up he really should not of come within 50-100 ft of you that was disrespectful to say the least. Saw your pics on the other board, glad to see the bite is kicking up. I'll be out next Sunday to chase walleye if it's slow i'll be hittin' the piles for some papermouth

Got Walleye???
    Jump to: