Anybody else go out today?

Author
queechy4ever
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points: 0
2008/01/13 20:29:12 (permalink)

Anybody else go out today?

I was jus twondering if anybody else was crazy enough to go out today.
We did real well in my secret spot.
Caught our first walleye around 18-19"
also got my biggest crappie- aroung 15-16"
lots of other crappie, sunfish, and perch.
Only the ice around the edges was bad. once you got past the first few feet it was fine did have one mishap though, dad went in the water a little, just in the shallows so he was fine. Also i was wondering if anyone could help me out for fishing saratoga lake. When, where, how, what bait.

thanks, russ

3 Replies Related Threads

pro 210sp
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Anybody else go out today? 2008/01/14 08:31:56 (permalink)
    I went to saratoga sunday. Fished the south end,we had to use a row boat to get on the good ice. Fished from southshore marina to past stoney point and caught 8 perch all day. Ice is bad we had three in some spots with alittle black ice under us the rest is junk snow ice.Loads of blowholes and open cracks. If you don't know how to read ice and what ice color is good,I would stay off until it gets cold.

BIG RED OUTFITTERS
    518-879-3283
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Anybody else go out today? 2008/01/14 19:42:11 (permalink)
    Queechy:

Best place to check out Saratoga Lake is at Saratoga Bait & Tackle.  Tim, Nick or Rose can tell you where the ice is safe and where you might catch which fish.  They are located just off Exit 14 of the Northway (head toward Saratoga Lake) and when you cross over the bridge on 9P the shop is located in the Stewart's Shopping Center just to your left after passing the New York State Boat Launch.  They have all kinds of bait, fishing tackle and depth chart maps of Saratoga Lake and Lake Lonely.  Really nice people and very eager to help.

Eagle Ed
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Anybody else go out today? 2008/01/14 20:18:04 (permalink)
    Ed, it is pouring down here in nnj.. you guys must be getting whiteouts! heard the freeze will follow into the weekend and should keep the hardwater stable. I really want to try it up there this winter,hoping  this month and maybe febuary depending mainly on the weather. I will likely consult here before heading up your region. meanwhile, wishing you and the others safe IF&GL
    Jump to: