Twin Lakes Carp

Author
mr.crappie
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2549
  • Reward points: 0
2012/12/10 01:13:06 (permalink)

Twin Lakes Carp

I have noticed that the carp at the upper lake have been fairly active, rolling & jumping the last 2 weeks. Due to the mild weather I guess. Havent seen anyone after them in a while. Does anyone have an idea what the water temp is in the local lakes?  sam

2 Replies Related Threads

flyingmoles
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 494
    Re:Twin Lakes Carp 2012/12/10 06:14:03 (permalink)
    I caught a baby carp the other day. Only around 10lb. I noticed a hatch of small stoneflies going on at the same time. It could be that they were chasing nymphs at twin like they were where I was.

pacarper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re:Twin Lakes Carp 2012/12/10 09:16:25 (permalink)
    mr.crappie

I have noticed that the carp at the upper lake have been fairly active, rolling & jumping the last 2 weeks. Due to the mild weather I guess. Havent seen anyone after them in a while. Does anyone have an idea what the water temp is in the local lakes?  sam

I was at Twin a couple of weekends back using my SmartCast fishfinder and it was marking the surface temps. between 40-45 deg. F. on both the upper and lower lakes.  So the temps. were probably a bit higher at depth.  We fished the lower lake that weekend, figuring the carp would be more concentrated in spots with the drawdown, but we had no luck.  I know there were a few of us out for carp there that weekend at both lakes.  Things warmed up pretty good early last week and then warming back up again recently, so the mild temps are likely keeping the carp active.
    post edited by pacarper - 2012/12/10 09:20:30
    Jump to: