Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada

Author
fishinpreacher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2012/08/31 11:03:51 (permalink)

Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada

In a little over 17 hours I'll be leaving with my two oldest sons Corban (5) and Caden (4) for Wolfe Island in Ontario Canada. We'll be staying with my folks for a week in a cabin they rent every year.
We'll be fishing for Pike, Bass, Walleye, and Perch (probably mostly Perch since since I'm not sure the boys are strong enough to hold on to the rod yet if they tie into a big pike or walleye)
Whatever we catch or don't catch I'm really looking forward to this week! 7 days of fishing, boating, swimming, kayaking, and  R & R with my boys. Its gonna be LEGEND... wait for it....DARY!!! 
Wish the wife and our youngest son Caleb (2.5 months)  were coming but she decided to go visit her folks in Kentucky while the two oldest boys and I go to Canada.
I'll try to check in and  post pics of the boys catches as well as any hogs my mom, my dad, or myself luck into.
Thanks for reading. Tight lines & God bless!
John

6 Replies Related Threads

FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2074
    Re:Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada 2012/08/31 11:39:33 (permalink)
    Good luck, have fun, and be safe!
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re:Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada 2012/08/31 12:26:17 (permalink)
    That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a week... get lots of pictures and I'm hoping the kids (and adults) catch a bunch!   But the memories caught will be priceless no matter how the fishing is!

fishinpreacher
    Expert Angler
    Re:Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada 2012/09/18 13:40:07 (permalink)
    Had a great trip. The boys had a blast! I had abunch of pics I had hoped to share, but half way through the week I drowned my phone and killed it so I lost all the pics on it.
    Here are some of the pics my dad sent me of the better fish.
    Dad's 34" Pike

Dad's 37" Pike

My 33" Pike

Caden checking out my 26.5" PB Walleye

Our friend Tom's 34" Pike

Again, we had a great trip, the  boys can't wait to go back, they keep asking "can we go to Canada today?"
    Thanks for looking.
    Tight lines & God bless.
    John
    Shellback
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 28
    Re:Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada 2012/09/21 07:58:23 (permalink)
    I was down river from you, just past Gananoque, from 9/2 to 9/17. Fishing was a little tough for us, well keeper perch that is. Caught plenty of small ones, but the big ones played hard to get until our second week. After a few cool evenings the bigger ones started to show up. The wife and I mostly target perch, but we did pick up some incidental bass, but no pike. The river was unusually low and warm, from all reports, fishing had been poor. Heck of a storm on Saturday Huh? Wind was wicked!
    fishinpreacher
    Expert Angler
    Re:Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada 2012/09/21 10:46:21 (permalink)
    Wow, cool! Do you go up and fish that area often?
    We actually pulled out in the after noon of 9/7 to avoid having to drive home in the storm on Saturday. Yeah, the river was lower than I had ever seen it before, it was almost too shallow at the dock for my dad's boat.
    Fishing was pretty good for us, like I said we weren't setting the world on fire, but we were catching fish every time we went out and they were all healthy fish.
    Here is a pic of the nice small mouth my 5 yr old son Corban caught (with a little help form dad)

Shellback
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 28
    Re:Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada 2012/09/22 14:42:31 (permalink)
    This was the 4th year my wife and I have been to the river. All but the first year, we have been up in June, then again in Sept. Will be back again next year too. We stay at a cottage right on the river and venture down as far as the bridge, and up towards Wolfe and Howe. Usually take a trip to an inland lake too. Have been to Bob's, Buck, Opinicon and Charleston. Gonna try Pike lake next spring. We have also been over to Bay of Quinte a couple times too. This years fishing hasn't been as good as other years. I think the heat and low water moved the fish off my usual haunts. 
    Jump to: