18M and OAK 12/01

Author
johnnyb
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Reward points: 0
2007/12/04 13:52:37 (permalink)

18M and OAK 12/01

Drove up Fri night went to 18m on sat morning and couldn't believe what I saw?  NO F'IN WATER as in none no water coming over the dam just puddles of water with fish stranded every where...What Happened????? the more amazing part was people actually trying to fish you didn't need a rod just a net or better yet bare hand em, completely dissapointing for a  six and a half hour ride. Looks like they built some kind of wall and threw bolders in, I'm guessing they want more of a steelhead holding area??? Anyone know why this was done??

Once we got over the feeling of being duped we headed down to the Oak, water conditions were pretty good and lots of browns and the occasional steel head, hooked about a dozen browns in a nice area and like anything else when people realize you into em...over they come and crowd you out untill you surrender and walk away! some people have no respect.!!!!!! I now understand why the oak is a joke!!!!!!!!

The only thing more dissapointing than 18M, was the deer I slamed into at 75mph and ruined my front end but my bronco's tuff and she refused to cave...damm thing made it all the way home. "she lives to fight another day" just so I can go fishin!

2 Replies Related Threads

MikeThePike
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 64
    RE: 18M and OAK 12/01 2007/12/05 10:35:26 (permalink)
    I've spent 4 days up there over the past 3 weeks and there wasn't any real flow of water coming over the dam on any of them. A trickle at best.

Actually getting fish to hit with the water low and clear is much more of a challenge than just going and grabbing em bare handed. Too bad the river had a bit of a tint to it and the fish were quite easy to get into a biting mood.
    Raab
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 417
    RE: 18M and OAK 12/01 2007/12/08 00:15:32 (permalink)
    I heard Yg is hammering them at the SR...
    He said, "losers fish the oaK"...
    Jump to: