Sunday Fishing Rport Dec. 2

Author
Metal_Mad
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points: 0
2007/12/02 17:21:43 (permalink)

Sunday Fishing Rport Dec. 2

Fished the upper river today from 11:00 to 3:00pm with the float rod and reel.  It was very cold, windy and on and off sleet/freezing rain.  I made the mistake of dunking my Raven Eclipse and ended up with a frozen reel.  I had to take the reel off of the rod and try to heat it up with the disposable hand warmers.  It worked well enough to have a nice fish on for a couple of minutes, before he broke off.  I quit for awhile to warm up and unfreeze my reel and went to another spot that usually gets alot of pressure.  I had two on, one of which was sitting just under a over-handing tree branch..as my float passed under the branch it went under and I had him on for about a minute before he spit the hook.

My reel never free spooled after I dunked it, so I just took it apart for some cleaning and I think I'll put some fresh line on. 

All in all a very cold, but it didn't seem to bother the steelie's appetite for eggs. I saw three drift boats on the river., and a few anglers, but as usual it was worth getting out.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: