Cold Weather

Author
chicken27
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 763
  • Reward points: 0
2007/11/06 22:03:11 (permalink)

Cold Weather

It's has been cold so far this week how many of you guys has made it all day? The only problem i have is my feet freeze got good boots and socks but still they get cold is there anything i can do?This wind sucks.

2 Replies Related Threads

HardCore Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 519
    RE: Cold Weather 2007/11/06 22:27:39 (permalink)
    Sweat is whats makin your feet cold, do you walk far to your stand or do anything to make your body work harder on your way in? When your feet sweat, they make your socks damp and when they get damp and its cold outside, your in for it buddy. If its cold out and i'm doing an all dayer and have to walk far, i just wear a pair of breathable type hiking boots and 1 pair of very light socks, when i get to my stand in the morning and when my feet cool down and dry, i put all my warm stuff on, try to keep it all warm too so you don't put it on cold, maybe under your jacket or pants pocket or just stuff em with a handwarmer, i usually wear 3 layers of socks when it gets cold, i have a pair of silky type 1's that are supposed to wick away moisture, i don't know if they work or not to be honest, paid like $5 for them at Wal-Mart, followed by a pair of cabelas cold weather socks, very warm for the price, then a pair of cabelas fleece socks, i also have a pair of $90 Cabelas Pac Boots with 1200 gram insulation which honestly doesn't work no matter how much or less you have if you ask me. My dad tapes a handwarmer to his base layer sock then puts on an additional 1 or 2 layers on, he says it works fine, but usually only for whenever the handwarmer last, they also make 1 that fits into your boot, don't buy the battery powered socks, they burn your feet like really bad. Just my 5 cents worth of info, hope it helps.

Ronnie
    carpin05
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 830
    RE: Cold Weather 2007/11/07 07:30:52 (permalink)
    The wind is beating me to death... Nearly shook me out of the tree 4 times in 2 days...
    I was looking for a spot on the ground but the deer are real nervous!!!!
    My hands get cold..i will be useing hand warmers this morning...
    Jump to: