are lake fish safe for eating?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
RE: are lake fish safe for eating? 2007/11/09 21:04:31 (permalink)
who's going up this weekend? I am hoping weather permitting, to drive up for an overnighter  with a buddy but not sure yet.. we will be stopping on rt. at the farm for my waders etc. and will not have this puter so if you see a fg toyota tundra with silver racks( my truck) or a black toyota  tacoma(friends truck) i'll be up and down looking whereever the fish are at.
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
RE: are lake fish safe for eating? 2007/11/09 21:30:51 (permalink)
Ditto!!!!!

L13
waDerboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1910
RE: are lake fish safe for eating? 2007/11/10 04:21:52 (permalink)
Good luck!  I have been working 9 straight days but have been told by reliable sources they are closer to home also.
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
RE: are lake fish safe for eating? 2007/11/10 08:20:22 (permalink)
waderboy in all honesty, I do not have the drive that much anymore and hoping if we do go my friend drives! lol He is a newbie and it was maxwell creek that he and his friend caught and boosted about limiting out a few past seasons, I am sure you would agree,I do not like hauling that far to any hit or miss creek without fair reports. That creek is running dry as to date from what I heard. Now the SR is likely the place should he talk me into going up a day or two.. but I have a tight schedule and might be able to squeeze a monday or tuesday and if all is well , drive home wed eve. at least I can get back by thurs for scheduled appointments etc. Plus the fact as you mentioned , they are hitting close to home as I myself been doing.. last few weeks been catching small bows  on sacks drifting with my little browning gold medallion 7'noodle-rod combo'd with a sedona 750 shimano and 4lb. camomax ..The catskills fishery program imo is actually too small and vunerable to advertise online , there are two impoundments very worthy of giving up big trout, but they are ever moreso a hit or miss these days. Everyone down here agrees the last two decades faired better fishing. The fish  are still here but not running as much imo. Anyway, the local spoon off shore and catch a few good trout this time of year. Closer to me is roundout, a nice ride from there over a mt.. it's the Ashokan and her unique esopus.. Traditionally, I hit all the pocket waters they keep open for the extended season (open until till nov31)and all within a few gorgeous wooded miles from my mt wooded farm. I have not skipped one spring or fall trout season since 1979. I suppose you could say I am five star five times over in these drinks .  still like using my IM 8 okuma 9.5' steehead rod and sustain 4000 on the SR to test a huge brown or steelie.  good luck all, today need to get a few projects finish here in nj before heading up.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: