Need some help for fall trip to raystown.

Author
Harry67
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/22 00:28:07 (permalink)

Need some help for fall trip to raystown.

Hey fellow outdoors people. My brother in-law is wanting to come to our neck of the woods from the Pittsburgh area to fish Raystown in hopes of catching a striper. Probably mid oct to mid nov time frame. He is a Marine Iraq war vet that rarely has time to fish. He has had his starcraft boat for two years and just this summer, boated the boats first fish, while we were walleye fishing on Erie. His boat is equipped to do any style of fishing. Casting, trolling or anchor fishing. I have fished for stripers in raystown but it has been at least 15 years. When I was going we would either cast the main lake flats and points at night with stick baits and jigs or soak trout and shad on the bottom. my understanding is that things aren't like they used to be so as his area guide I would appreciate any good info. Thanks for any help. Harry

4 Replies Related Threads

Bigpikeguy
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 95
    RE: Need some help for fall trip to raystown. 2010/09/22 08:58:12 (permalink)
    This aint gonna be much help since i never fished for them down there but my dad used to pound them down there when i was little. I remember him sayin fish the points over deep water with a zara spook and hold on lol. you can try it ya never know :)
    Harry67
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Need some help for fall trip to raystown. 2010/09/22 14:03:39 (permalink)
    Bigpike any help is appreciated. That's almost my story. I remember as a little kid sleeping in the bottom of a boat as my uncle plugging away all night with bucktails, redfins and topwater baits. Of course I would wake up and fish everytime he caught one. We used to catch em too. I think his personal record is 43 lbs.

Give me a fish and I'll eat it. Teach me to fish and I'll eat lots of it.
    out4trout
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Need some help for fall trip to raystown. 2010/09/22 20:52:52 (permalink)
    that would be prime time laker fishing .....you could always resort to that if the stripers dont cooperate
    Bigpikeguy
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 95
    RE: Need some help for fall trip to raystown. 2010/09/23 09:32:06 (permalink)
    Speaking of trout. I have a buddy that i hunt with that goes down to raystown mid November for Trout and he gets some monster browns. Just a thought. Troll around with some spoons, ya just may get lucky.
    Jump to: