Wilhelm in the fall

Author
Bent
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/10 17:00:42 (permalink)

Wilhelm in the fall

I was just wondering if anyone has been having much luck now that the water is starting to cool down again? I was there Sunday (10/7/07), for a few hours and managed to troll up a bakers dozen of crappies in the deep end, but was targeting eyes.  I usually share my fall fishing time between the big pond for perch and the tribs for steel. Thanks in advance for any info!

Fish are where you find them!

5 Replies Related Threads

Slabseeker
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 73
    RE: Wilhelm in the fall 2007/10/10 22:06:19 (permalink)
    I haven't fished it recently, but did well there last October. How was the water level when you were there on the 7th? I heard that they were doing some repairs on the dam this summer and had the water level drawn down. I would like to give it a try in the next couple weeks if the water level is normal.
    pacarper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 463
    RE: Wilhelm in the fall 2007/10/11 05:37:46 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Slabseeker

I haven't fished it recently, but did well there last October. How was the water level when you were there on the 7th? I heard that they were doing some repairs on the dam this summer and had the water level drawn down. I would like to give it a try in the next couple weeks if the water level is normal.

The water level was still down when I was there last weekend----about the lowest I've ever seen the lake.  Us carpers will be this weekend rippin' 'em.
    chugbug
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Wilhelm in the fall 2007/10/11 16:22:03 (permalink)
    Rumor has it that they let out more water than they wanted to. The dam work is now complete but the absence of rain has only resulted in the water level dropping even more. I fished Wilhelm on 10/8 and would estimate it is between 2 and 2 1/2 feet low (that is primarily based on looking at the normal water mark on the bridge pilings). It is interesting fishing this lake with the water that low because in many ways it is fishing like a whole new lake.
    nightowl207
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 567
    RE: Wilhelm in the fall 2007/10/13 23:06:33 (permalink)
    i was there too a week or so ago and i would say 2- 2.5' low is about right. the lowest ive ever seen it and i seen alot of days n nights at ol wilhelm. pacarper, are u the fellas out there that have the deck built and big lights on your boat? if so id like to say you have quite the rig. my buddy n me was out there bowfishing n yuns kicked them lights on and i thought the sun was risin.
    pacarper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 463
    RE: Wilhelm in the fall 2007/10/18 12:27:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: nightowl207

i was there too a week or so ago and i would say 2- 2.5' low is about right. the lowest ive ever seen it and i seen alot of days n nights at ol wilhelm. pacarper, are u the fellas out there that have the deck built and big lights on your boat? if so id like to say you have quite the rig. my buddy n me was out there bowfishing n yuns kicked them lights on and i thought the sun was risin.

Hey Nightowl,

Good talking to ya at Wilhelm last weekend----at least I think it was you from what I remember.  Ya probably realize now that is wasn't me with the lighted boat.  Us goofy carpers fish mostly from shore.
    Jump to: