Antietam Lake, 1-18-2010

Author
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
2010/01/18 16:41:43 (permalink)

Antietam Lake, 1-18-2010

Did an early shift, 730-945 solo this morning.......caught a few perch, crappies and bluegills.....some of the gills ran 8 inches, the crappie 9 inches and one perch was 9 inches......plenty of 7-8 inch perch.......it was pretty much non-stop action--even caught a few 4 inch perch.......hahaha

Ice was over 6 inches in most areas..........

Took the kids out from 1130-245 or so.......bite was slower, but the kids wanted to fish at first.......little girl caught a few perch, gills and one trout......and my son caught a few gills and a bunch of perch......the bite slowed at about 1 pm and the kids started acting up.......so I pulled them around the lake in the sled while I hole hopped......caught a few gills and perch on a small spoon.....then the kids wanted to fish again and my little girl caught a nice perch all by herself jigging the rod rigged with the spoon-- she didn't even have the assistance of the SHOWDOWN........then the kiddies started running around the slush topped lake and we packed it up for the day...the little man left the ice crying.....

the ice around the banks is getting thin......I won't be out there again until we cold get another cold spell........

post edited by 2Bonthewater - 2010/01/18 17:05:18

www.2bonthewater.com

2 Replies Related Threads

Electricman56
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 20
    RE: Antietam Lake, 1-18-2010 2010/01/19 17:54:16 (permalink)
    Great pics 2B!  I'm new to this forum, but have been ice fishing for 30 years on and off.  Just moved to PA from the MidWest 2 years ago and finally got out to fish the hard water for the first time here in PA.  Went to Hopewell Lake on Saturday 1/16/10.  Caught a dozen Gills and perch, mostly small... sounds like I should have gone to Antietam, I live in Mt Penn and it would have been closer and sounds like more productive too but I have wanted to check out French Creek Park for a while now so combined the two.  It was slow there till an hour before sunset then picked up.  Thanks for the great update!  Hope to get out again once the cold weather returns, might see you on Antietam!

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing
    2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: Antietam Lake, 1-18-2010 2010/01/19 18:56:17 (permalink)
    Antietam is a nice place to fish........been fishing it for about 8 years or so....... it does get crowded at times.........

Hopewell is tough to find the fish..........fished there once with the wife--when she was just my girlfriend.....I think she caught a perch......

I mostly stick with Deep Creek Lake, Ontelaunee Lake and Antietam Lake.......they are all pretty close and you can usually catch something if you keep moving around

welcome to the boards......
    post edited by 2Bonthewater - 2010/01/19 18:58:44

www.2bonthewater.com
    Jump to: