Sled

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2009/12/19 19:12:00 (permalink)

Sled

Okay, this is what I thought up for holding both gas and hand auger and somewhat a weather resistant storage for some tackle. This sled I bought some ten years ago from a local toy store for 20 bucks .. It is narrow for the trail and high impact plastic with nice gunnels for bungees..two crates one full,the other half..don't need to screw them together so this system is very easy to rearrange and break down for options. I used some laying around in the shop 1/4 ac plywood,reenforced with 1x2 and 1x4 ribbing using screws, no bottom (it's in the crate situated 7 1/2 off bottom of crate..thought best using the least materials to keep it light.. basically it is like a lid inside the crate to hide stuff underneath where you see the auger fitted in the 1x4s. the smaller crate is good for this baitbucket/tipups with the auger snug on top. the front is spare room for fish another bucket tipups etc. .. this is as portable as I thought up without building in too much weight. two bungees secure it down for most trails..also thinking of using a gutter spike so i can tack it in the ice for those windy days.. i use to use my foot or the ice around the hole.. but a long gutter spike driven into the existing cord holes in sled should work.[image][/image]

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: