underwater cameras

Author
craveman85
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Reward points: 0
2009/12/19 09:22:14 (permalink)

underwater cameras

hey guys after christmas i am going to buy an underwater camera and was wondering your opinion.  how deep can you see with them, how far underwater can you see with them, what brands and models under 200 you would reccommend.  seen some really cool youtube videos on them and thought it would be a great addition to my sled.

if at first you dont succeed... blow it up.

you want organic? well then shut the &^$() up and eat a *$&#*( squirrel.

3 Replies Related Threads

papinner
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1083
    RE: underwater cameras 2009/12/19 12:23:22 (permalink)
    I use the cabelas camera. I got it with the 7" screen it cost me 150 with shipping last year. Its a great camera I fished chataqua lake last year with and could see perfectly clear in 40 fow. Its a great camera for a great price.
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: underwater cameras 2009/12/19 16:13:18 (permalink)
    I bought an Aqua-Vu SPC-80 and it currently is a doorstop.  The thing has a camera imbedded in a cheesy sunfish replica, made of hard plastic. Guess what happens to hard plastic on a fall of even two feet to the ice when it's 3 degrees? Smashes to smithereens. Couldn't their brilliant engineers come up with a rubber housing? Then you'll find the cost to replace the camera is almost as much as the entire unit cost. Even before it smashed, it was hard to tell in which direction the fishy was facing from above the ice, and it was virtually useless in murky water.  The LEDs were also insufficient to light up the screen at depths down to 30' and up.
    In summary if you see that piece of garbage for sale, avoid it like the plague. It remains the worst fishing purchase I have made EVER.
    craveman85
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: underwater cameras 2009/12/20 07:07:46 (permalink)
    well i was going to make a pole from pvc with some fake weeds on it so i know for sure which way my unit would be facing.  im thinking of going the cabelas route.  they have one that pans around for 209 also which looks nice.

if at first you dont succeed... blow it up.

you want organic? well then shut the &^$() up and eat a *$&#*( squirrel.
    Jump to: