Found some good ice and wet a line today

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
deadfishred
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 293
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 09:29:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jkbugger

I do have a goal this year and that is BB's lunkerville, I am gonna take every panfish outta that sucker .

thats gonna be tough, it took us about 3 weeks of having no money, and catch then eating fish every day in college before we cleaned the "swamp" out of keeper perch and crappies. It didn't hurt that our buddy had a nice place about 1 mile up the road that we would stay at. Just an FYI, that hill below the main parking lot gets REAL tough to go up with buckets full of panfish.
Neversink Jimmy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 798
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 09:47:06 (permalink)
Man, now that safe ice has been confirmed it is even harder to do work...

I am supposed to be out in the Finger Lakes all weekend for an annual get together, but now I am secretly hoping that I am too poor to do so.  'Cuz then I could run around on a frozen lake again.

And there are SO MANY pike to be caught this year!!!  You guys all heading out this weekend still?
deadfishred
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 293
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 12:47:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy
You guys all heading out this weekend still?

I will be on the ice this weekend. This rain's effect is negligable on the ice. The mohawk river by crescent STILL had ice on it as of this morning.
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 13:12:36 (permalink)
but I do have a goal this year and that is BB's lunkerville, I am gonna take every panfish outta that sucker

Just leave all my big bass alone  .... and how the heck do you where "Lunkerville" is ?  LOL
Neversink Jimmy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 798
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 13:57:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bassinbrian

Just leave all my big bass alone  .... and how the heck do you where "Lunkerville" is ?  LOL

My fault, Brian...  It was coming up in a few posts as a suggestion of a place to hit, and out of fairness to you and your exploratory exploits I sent a PM in an attempt to quell the fever and save your honey hole.

We did sort of toss up a few sweet spots for "sacrifice" last year and maybe we all sort of forget there are more eyes on this board than just the usual 20 guys who chime in with info.  I am probably more guilty of "loose lips" than anyone here- so I just kinda' politely (hopefully) suggested that "Lunkerville" remains shrouded in mystery to preserve the "lunkers" that call the place home.

For me, this is the "WINTER OF ESOX", so I might have to keep my mouth shut a bit too in the hopes of making sure we are the only people walking onto a few of those North Country jewels that hold big Northerns.

The war cry is "FORTY INCHES OR BUST" this winter for me!!!  Woo Hoo!

But PMs are always welcome, my friends!  And of course, Hot Tuna is friggin' LOADED with ideas and locations as always.  It will be impossible for us to hit every pike pond we have on our minds this season- but that sure is an awesome "problem" to have, huh?!?

If you like short walks in the woods, untouched backcountry ponds, and a whole of laughter and good music, this winter will be an adventure to remember!!!
shovel74
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 28
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 16:30:52 (permalink)
Brian what was your first impression of the new flasher?
jkbugger
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 16:35:13 (permalink)
Guys I'm just kidding about lunkerville, I've been going there for years and I stay away during warm water season, to many trout to catch, I also try to yank my jig outta the way when I see a pickeral of bass come near it, I'd rather keep my jig.

I love that place in the winter cause nothing needed but a jiggin rod and a auger, fish in about three feet and you can look right to the bottom and see whats down there,

cool story last year we were catching fish right at the top of our holes, we'd watch about 3 panfish waiting below the hole after we caught one so we'd put the jig in the hole and watch the fish come up to take it.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
Charles Haas
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 16:39:12 (permalink)
Brian what was your first impression of the new flasher?

Well we didn't find more than 6' fow where we were   ... so that was lame. 

But i KNOW i like it already. I had the base Marcum VX-1 last year, which was great for fishing small to
medium lakes, caught lots of fish. But once i went Laker fishing it was not powerful enough and only went to 160' deep ... so i upgraded to the Vex FL18

BB
jkbugger
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/15 16:40:18 (permalink)
I've never wanted to enter one of their tourneys, cause that means there's a lot of people there so less people elsewhere, but maybe we'll get a crew together for a good time and win a tourney.

And lets make sure were all talkin about the same lunkerville...it's near canadarago right???

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
Charles Haas
got em
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 107
RE: Found some good ice and wet a line today 2009/12/16 01:03:15 (permalink)
could'nt find more than 6' of h2o..lame..wow at least you were on ICE...yes loose lips sink ships..too many lurkers out there...not many explorers...gave up a early spot last year will NEVER do it again...
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: