tackle box??

Author
JustMatt
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points: 0
2009/12/06 19:24:48 (permalink)

tackle box??

I'm making a christmas list for the family. What would be your best recomendation for a three or four box bag. And if you know a store or deal that would be appriciated. Thanks JM

5 Replies Related Threads

deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: tackle box?? 2009/12/07 09:12:58 (permalink)
    Matt, what I use is Bass Pro waterproof boat bags, they are inexpensive, and completely waterproof, they have three different sizes. The middle or small size would probably be what you are looking for. I then just get the cheap clear tackle "tray" boxes over at walmart.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: tackle box?? 2009/12/07 11:01:01 (permalink)
    M-A-T-T!!!

How you been, man?  I was getting worried you were wandering around aimlessly among the Moose River Plains or something!  Glad to see you at least made it close enough to civilization to use a computer.

I agree with Red- the Bass Pro bags are good.  I don't have the waterproof one that he does, but even the more simple design of mine has been good to me the past season.  You surely remember my Shimano bag that rocked all those years in the Everglades, and that was a good bag too.  It just finally got a little weak from all the sunlight on the stitching, etc.  I do, however, still have it and you are welcome to it if you wish.  You'd just need to buy some Plano boxes, thats all.

But of course, if its CHRISTMAS from the old man you may as well get a new one! 

You really can't go wrong with the softside bags, they surely trump your old "My Buddy" box!

No need for anything to pricey or ridiculous if you're only going to fill four or five trays.  You can find a pretty good selection at Dicks or anywhere else for probably $40 or less.  I think the Shimano Bag was around $80 and the newer BPS one was on sale at the Auburn store for like $50 or so.

Of course, you could get that awesome orange Shimano bag that "Mr. Ott" had up at Long Lake!!!

Although- he said he didn't like his?  But I think it was because he doesn't use spinnerbaits so a lot of features were 'wasted' on him.  I think that dude tossed NOTHING but "jig and pigs" and obviously knows his stuff!

I've even got some extra boxes for you if they fit whatever bag you get!
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: tackle box?? 2009/12/07 11:21:55 (permalink)
    Heyyy it's Just Matt! Well I can advise you one NOT to get.   The PLANO soft tackle bags= NFG.  (No F---ing Good)  They have cheap materiel that rips along the zipper.  I have had two of these Plano things do it on me this season. My old bag that got ripped off, that one worked. I think I got it free for buying an Ugly Stik.
    JustMatt
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: tackle box?? 2009/12/07 20:26:33 (permalink)
    Guys, thanks for the info. Yank there was alot of plano and I'm staying away from it. So I am going to ask for a bass pro 370 qualifier in camo. Thanks for stearing me in the right direction neversink and red. Now I just have to wait and see if santa brings it.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: tackle box?? 2009/12/07 23:33:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: New York Yank

Heyyy it's Just Matt! Well I can advise you one NOT to get.   The PLANO soft tackle bags= NFG.  (No F---ing Good)  They have cheap materiel that rips along the zipper.  I have had two of these Plano things do it on me this season. My old bag that got ripped off, that one worked. I think I got it free for buying an Ugly Stik.
    matt, i would have suggested the plano softpack too but as yank mentioned, the stetching falls apart between the material belt and pouches after a couple a seasons..i called plano the first time and they sent me out a second for free allowing me to keep the old one..i hand stetched both since. they cost around 20 bucks and the small 1.99 plano boxes are a good fit.. i found the plano on amazon

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    Jump to: